Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2007, 01:28 AM   #1
GrampaNGrama
Gifted
MamaKinz is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: My pets are hungrier than usual... Are yours?

For the last two days I have not been able to keep the hunger level on the pet in the dock high. I have gone through 200kc of the specific food for the pet in one day, except when I got it confused with food for another and fed it the wrong thing and boy did it let me know. That's beside the point. So I tried putting it to sleep while I was doing jobs, gem hunting, charm forest or arcade thinking that might help, but it didn't. I would put it to bed before logging out only to find it awake at the entrance to the room and the hunger numbers down? Any ideas? Is that happening to any of you? Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpgWebkinzHaveYouActuallyTastedThat Yech.jpg (69.0 KB, 51 views)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2007, 01:33 AM   #2
Cheerbaby4
Gifted

Susie Q has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: My pets are hungrier than usual... Are yours?

I have noticed the same thing, but I didn't know if it was just because I was on here so much LOL!
Old 09-24-2007, 01:48 AM   #3
Gift Guru

GFred is a glorious beacon of lightGFred is a glorious beacon of lightGFred is a glorious beacon of light

Donation Level 3 

I haven't noticed any recent change. I do notice that if you leave it alone too long, like if you are doing something else (WI, etc.) while you are logged into WW, the hunger and happiness go down faster than normal. I know they have been adjusting the hunger level. When I used to play a long game of Quizzy's Word Challenge, the hunger would go down to the 60's. Now it's about the 80's. They changed that months ago.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:51 AM   #4
GrampaNGrama
Gifted

No, I don't think that's the case. It has been a week since I hurt my back and have to lay down or ever so slightly sit up with ice on 15 mins and off 45 mins so I have been on almost every waking hour, or at least it seems that way. I was on a lot when I was new and I had been told at that time, make sure you always log out and put them to bed before you logout. Then I even tried putting them to sleep while I was actively on. Must be another 'GLITCH' It is a 'bug' in the system. They have so many bugs, there is going to come to a point that the software is going to need a serious overhaul. You just can't keep patching without making other things not work. That was my field, writing software and once you got into making quick patches so the system would work, 'spagehetti code' it was called, it would always create a problem with another part of the program.

PS: Mine was as low as 59 today and I wondered why the pet wasn't geen yet with an ice pack on its head (

Last edited by MamaKinz; 09-24-2007 at 01:54 AM.. Reason: Add PS
Old 09-24-2007, 02:00 AM   #5
Gifted

WebkinzGram is just really niceWebkinzGram is just really nice

I've noticed that I'm definitely having to feed my pet more often than usual. I try to keep a very close eye on the pet points to make sure it stays 100% and I try to pay attention to which foods boost which thing, and supplement with activities as well to keep everything high. Even though I'm usually able to keep everything at 100%, I've had the occasion TWICE in a SINGLE week now that the health went down to 79 and I had to visit Dr. Quack, and I wasn't even doing anything that would have kept me away from the pet that long!

But apart from that, it seems like I'm having to feed it almost every minute as opposed to being able to wait five minutes or longer in some cases without much consequence. This really cuts into the profit margin of whatever you're doing to earn Kinzcash, especially if you're playing games that don't allow you to feed your pets periodically! That's one thing I don't like about many of the games is the irony that you can take a break in the game as long as you want (except you can't leave it altogether), but you can't feed your pet while you're playing. Quizzy's is the worst because it can take so long to finish if you get caught up in trying to make long words, so I just quit playing it because in the long run, I felt it wasn't worth it. That's one thing I like about the games that you can buy and play yourself - like checkers - you can monitor and feed your pet as you're playing and not have to scramble to get the points back up when you're done.

As for putting them to bed, I am very religious about putting my pet to bed every time I finish doing anything in the room, and I'll even go back and do it again if I've been elsewhere like the Arcade or Tournament area for a while just to be sure. But at least half the time, whether it's during the same login session or a new session, when I go in the room, she's standing at the door like she's never been in bed. Sneaky little thing! I haven't ever done any analysis or comparisons of whether or not it really matters if you put them to bed or not (I know logging off is important), because I usually do put her to bed. But I'd be curious, because it does add to the time if you're in a hurry to log off and you've been somewhere else in WW and then need to take the extra time to put them to bed. I mean, geez, if they're not going to STAY in their beds, it almost seems pointless to invest the time to make sure you do it, if your goal is to keep their points up.

WebkinzGram
Old 09-24-2007, 02:09 AM   #6
Gift Guru

GFred is a glorious beacon of lightGFred is a glorious beacon of lightGFred is a glorious beacon of light

Donation Level 3 

Worked the "big iron" a bit myself so I know about a little about patch programming. Just like with some systems projects, they have sacrificed proper maintenance for feature development. Usually driven by marketing people with sales targets.

As for the hunger, I think it is related to you being on for longer stretches of time. I was maintaining 6 accounts for a freind's kids over the Summer while they were on vacation. I was on each account for about 10-12 minutes each day (including gardening and jobs). The hunger barely moved over the course of a week. As for myself, I am on for long stretches and have to feed my Webkinz pretty much hourly when it gets into the 70-80's. I spend tons on food so I buy a lot when things go on sale. I also sell my garden grown stuff to buy more food.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:14 AM   #7
GrampaNGrama
Gifted

I agree with you and thanks for your input. I have never had any problems before keeping her, my elephant, Twinkle... fed, happy and healthy. My bear either, but it seems lately they need a lot more attention... and I would surely love to give it more attention if Ganz would supply some more interesting phrases or answers by the pet to something that you say. Oh, well, it's fun anyway and between WI and WW, they are keeping me from feeling sorry for myself since just last week the weather here changed to absolutely gorgeous here after an extremely hot summer and I can't even stand up 5-10 minutse without pain to go outside and really enjoy it. But the back is getting better and I am finding out so much more about the forum and things to do in WW. That makes me happy!

PS: Yes, me too. I just added a huge garden today.

Last edited by MamaKinz; 09-24-2007 at 02:16 AM.. Reason: added PS
Old 09-24-2007, 02:43 AM   #8
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by MamaKinz
I agree with you and thanks for your input. I have never had any problems before keeping her, my elephant, Twinkle... fed, happy and healthy. My bear either, but it seems lately they need a lot more attention... and I would surely love to give it more attention if Ganz would supply some more interesting phrases or answers by the pet to something that you say. Oh, well, it's fun anyway and between WI and WW, they are keeping me from feeling sorry for myself since just last week the weather here changed to absolutely gorgeous here after an extremely hot summer and I can't even stand up 5-10 minutse without pain to go outside and really enjoy it. But the back is getting better and I am finding out so much more about the forum and things to do in WW. That makes me happy!

PS: Yes, me too. I just added a huge garden today.
I agree with you, GFred, 100% on that theory. I've seen it happen myself in my former geek days.

Congratulations on your garden, MamaKinz. I know you're going to enjoy "raking in" those profits, figuratively and literally speaking LOL. I'm sorry to hear that you're in pain. WW and WI definitely help pass the time and serves as a great diversion when you're convalescing or just need a creative and not-too-stressful (on the body) way to pass the time. Going outside in the summer or the cold dead of winter is not much fun, but this time of year is the absolute best because the air feels so "gentle" and the trees look so beautiful. If you have a laptop and a wireless connection and a place where you can sit outside comfortablly (a rocking chair or lounge chair), then you can have the best of both worlds, at least for a while.

I hope your back troubles are over soon!

WebkinzGram
Old 09-24-2007, 03:30 AM   #9
Gift Guru

kinzcash addict is just really nicekinzcash addict is just really nice

I have noticed the increased hunger also! And the pets keep showing up in the doorways instead of in their beds! GRRRRRR Its worse than real life..."I'm hungry"..."Can I eat something?" " I don't want this, but If there's nothing else I guess I can eat it!"
I have enough problems with my 4 live kids.
...If WW gets realistic it won't be this mothers little piece of eden anymore!!!! lol
Old 09-24-2007, 03:55 AM   #10
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by kinzcash addict
I have noticed the increased hunger also! And the pets keep showing up in the doorways instead of in their beds! GRRRRRR Its worse than real life..."I'm hungry"..."Can I eat something?" " I don't want this, but If there's nothing else I guess I can eat it!"
I have enough problems with my 4 live kids.
...If WW gets realistic it won't be this mothers little piece of eden anymore!!!! lol
LOL, Addict, on the "piece of eden" remark - you are so right! I'm also noticing a lot more refusal of certain foods and refusal to eat the same food (or whining about it) more than a certain number of times. Picky, picky! That used to happen just once in a blue moon, but now it happens at least once a week. Besides the annoyance, it's costing us more Kinzcash! It almost sounds ludicrous, on some level, to complain about our little virtual pets' appetites - but sheesh - in real life, we would never feed our kiddies every five minutes! And if they kept asking, there would be consequences LOL.

I think it's very interesting to note the apparent randomness in how the food is priced and what each food item yields in terms of hunger/health/happiness points. Some foods do make sense - cupcakes, for example, yield one happiness point, but not much else. But other foods that you know are healthy in real life seem to do very little in the way of boosting or sustaining them for health and hunger. Wouldn't you just love to get in the head of those programmers who are making those decisions? They would obviously benefit from hiring the consulting services of a nutritionist to help with the food points/cost ratios!

Okay, off that soapbox now. [g]

WebkinzGram
Closed