Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2008, 12:49 PM   #21
aweicker
Gift Guru

Bonsai has much to be proud ofBonsai has much to be proud ofBonsai has much to be proud ofBonsai has much to be proud of

Default Re: Mhy mom refuses to get a webkinz--she doesn't want one. How do I convince her they're fun, and what do I tell her?

She'll definitely love Quizzy's Word Challenge then!

If she likes math games or brainteasers, ask her to try the Kinzpost sorter or Get11 solitaire. KP Sorter is what got me hooked! I loved the challenge, and my little sisters couldn't get past level one... so they used to ask me to help.

I think asking for her advice with room decorating would help too. That's why I wanted my own account, as opposed to just playing on the girls. I got soooo frustrated with the way they decorated, and wanted to be able to do my own room.
Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
Bonsai is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2008, 12:52 PM   #22
KnittinKitten
Gifted

Princess18 is a splendid one to beholdPrincess18 is a splendid one to beholdPrincess18 is a splendid one to beholdPrincess18 is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Mhy mom refuses to get a webkinz--she doesn't want one. How do I convince her they're fun, and what do I tell her?

Oh, one other suggestion! She might like the tournament arena. My favorite game there is Atomicolicious! I would only show this to her if you are not having issues with the arena. We have been having a lot of problems with games timing out before they start, even when my daughter and I are trying to play together. If you are having this problem, you don't want her getting frustrated with the site before she even really gets started!
Princess18 is offline Female
Old 08-20-2008, 12:54 PM   #23
is smitchellicious
Gift Guru

smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!

Ya know, it just isn't for some people. I can't get my hubby into it either. He will get on and play with my girls sometimes but not much.

One thing I might suggest is to have your mom sit down and play on your account WITH you. I get on my computer (on my account) and play games in the tournament area with my kids sometimes. Or we just sit down and play together.

But remember, it just might not be her thing. Good luck!
smitchell is offline Female
Old 08-20-2008, 12:58 PM   #24
Webkinz :)

ses6761 is on a distinguished road

Donation Award 

My daughter got me started by asking for my help with designing a room or picking out an outfit. I think that now I have more Webkinz than she does
Old 08-20-2008, 01:03 PM   #25
I Love You

lilpanda123 is cool as a bunny clownlilpanda123 is cool as a bunny clownlilpanda123 is cool as a bunny clownlilpanda123 is cool as a bunny clownlilpanda123 is cool as a bunny clownlilpanda123 is cool as a bunny clownlilpanda123 is cool as a bunny clownlilpanda123 is cool as a bunny clown

Some people who can not get Webkinz they make a thing that people sign on here like If you think webkinz are awesome sgn here! Then show your mom all the kids who like it. Or if your friends have one you can ask for the password so tyou can earn her money while having lots of fun. Thyats what my friend did. But now I have alot of Webkinz. Or you could save up your money and buy one yourself, or save up your money then ask your mom to pay half or maybe add some money. Or if you are not very good at saving money up you couldhave a garge sale, or something! Hope this helps! Good luck! Oh, and if you do the first one I will sign it and get all my friends to sign it, so if you do that PM me. And again good luck and I hope this helps!
lilpanda123 is offline Female
Old 08-20-2008, 01:03 PM   #26
aweicker
Gift Guru

Bonsai has much to be proud ofBonsai has much to be proud ofBonsai has much to be proud ofBonsai has much to be proud of

View Post Originally Posted by smitchell
One thing I might suggest is to have your mom sit down and play on your account WITH you. I get on my computer (on my account) and play games in the tournament area with my kids sometimes. Or we just sit down and play together.
Good idea! Some of the games are actually more fun/easier with a second set of eyes.

With Goober's Lab, sometimes one of the little ones stands over my shoulder and points out combos that I would have missed.

And your mom would be able to help you see more/better words in the Quizzy's game. I always like to help the girls with that one when they're playing. (We play WordSmith together on Tivo too... same concept. You score better with more eyes on the screen!)
Bonsai is offline Female
Old 08-20-2008, 01:18 PM   #27
pancakes 4 Phillip

Lhachwen is a jewel in the roughLhachwen is a jewel in the rough

Lots of great advice here! I hope you find the thing that works for you and your mom! I do like the suggestion of being honest and letting her know you want to share time with her doing something you enjoy but whatever you try Good Luck!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Click the image to open in full size.
my revolving in post Kinz-captions for giggles
Lhachwen is offline Female
Old 08-20-2008, 01:23 PM   #28
I'm moose-a-licious

crazymoose has a brilliant futurecrazymoose has a brilliant futurecrazymoose has a brilliant futurecrazymoose has a brilliant futurecrazymoose has a brilliant future

well, first show her the site, and that you can design roos and stuff [my fav part at least], and then the games. if she still doesn't want one, you can't really change her opinions...
crazymoose is offline Male
Old 08-20-2008, 01:31 PM   #29
Lea
Gift Guru

Lea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys.
Lea is offline Female
Old 08-20-2008, 01:39 PM   #30
I outgrew my

spearmint is a name known to allspearmint is a name known to allspearmint is a name known to all

Also, since webkinz is mostly for kids (and the young at heart) she just may not be interested. YOu could also show her some of the games. My mom likes word games, and will sometimes if she feels like it, get on my account and play quizzys and get me some kinzkash (and she rocks at that game!!!)
spearmint is offline Female
Closed