Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2008, 11:59 AM   #11
Lea
Gift Guru

Lea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Mhy mom refuses to get a webkinz--she doesn't want one. How do I convince her they're fun, and what do I tell her?

I know, Lyssa.....but she hasn't even TRIED. You never know until you try. I just want her to play on my account for 10 minutes...or less. If she decides she doesn't like it I'll leave her alone.

---------- Lea added 1 Minutes and 12 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by polkadot911
Ask her to come play on your account with you. I think you should be like ''hey mom, want to see my new room?'' then when she comes over ask her if she wants to play a game[on webkinz] or something
Oooh, good idea! She said if she passes a walgreens on the way to the store today she'll pick up a lil' cow for me if it's inexpensive....maybe she'll get curious and ask one of the store ladies a question or two, and end up buying one!

Last edited by Lea; 08-20-2008 at 11:59 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Lea is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2008, 12:01 PM   #12
JosephJonas
Gifted

polkadot911 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Mhy mom refuses to get a webkinz--she doesn't want one. How do I convince her they're fun, and what do I tell her?

Haha glad to help
polkadot911 is offline Female
Old 08-20-2008, 12:04 PM   #13
beachcomber488
Gift Guru

jsebaker is just really nicejsebaker is just really nice

You can also try ( hey mom, can you come and play this game for me while I go to the restroom? It don't have a pause button and I am trying for a high score and trophy.) That might get her to play long enough to like it.

I know this will work because that is how my daughter got me hooked. She also said that her pets needed to be taken care of while she was at school or they would get sick. I fell for it♥

Last edited by jsebaker; 08-20-2008 at 12:12 PM.. Reason: more info.
jsebaker is offline Female
Old 08-20-2008, 12:07 PM   #14
Lea
Gift Guru

Lea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond repute

another good idea! Thanks!
Lea is offline Female
Old 08-20-2008, 12:14 PM   #15
SEH58
Gift Guru

sherrylaine has a brilliant futuresherrylaine has a brilliant futuresherrylaine has a brilliant futuresherrylaine has a brilliant futuresherrylaine has a brilliant future

View Post Originally Posted by Lea
Because we never spend time together, and I want to prove that they're not a waste of time & money.
Hey you might want to consider my daughter's plight. She got me hooked on Webkinz almost three years ago for the same reason. Her interest has diminished while mine has not, now she complains "you spend too much time on Webkinz, lets do something else". It really can become an addiction, although a fun one.

Sherry

Oh, if you decide to get her "hooked" you might try what my daughter did and beg for her "expert" help in decorating your rooms. As my daughter said, "you're so good at decorating and I don't know where to start, please help me with my new room." That was the beginning of my now having 120+ Webkinz. That number is totally a guess as I've forgotten how many I actually have and try not to notice.
Good Luck

Last edited by sherrylaine; 08-20-2008 at 12:22 PM.. Reason: add on
sherrylaine is offline Female
Old 08-20-2008, 12:15 PM   #16
DES
Survivor and
Gift Guru

DES has disabled reputation

Maybe what you need to do is sit down at a quiet time and tell Mom that you would like to have a discussion with her. And then in an very grown up fashion explain to Mom how much you would like to spend time together with her. Explain that you miss that time together. I'm sure she would like to spend time with you also. Ask her what she would like to do once a week together with you. And then give it a try. When that goes well ask her if you could show her how Webkinz works. You might be surprised. When you give a little you get a little. Slow and steady. Good Luck.
DES is offline Female
Old 08-20-2008, 12:21 PM   #17
sassy7788
Webkinz :)

sassy7788 is an unknown quantity at this point

DES's advice is great! Besides, just think yourself lucky- my parents hate webkinz. They didn't even want me to buy one! I get them all as gifts or with my own money.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:27 PM   #18
and lovin' it!
Gift Guru

Pubob03 is a splendid one to beholdPubob03 is a splendid one to beholdPubob03 is a splendid one to beholdPubob03 is a splendid one to behold

Like someone said before, get 1 for her birthday, or Christmas, or even just for fun. Then ask her what it's name would be IF she actually put it online (but act like you KNOW she's not gonna do it). If she doesn't answer, ask boy or girl. If she says Girl, say Bob. Boy, Melissa. Then she'll think your crazy, and you'll say "Well, I can't think of anything better! How about you?"

Then, once you've named him/her, take it from her and walk to the computer, go to webkinz and start making a new acct. She'll say What are you diong, you'll say Making an account for you!. Ask her what her user should be. Finish making the acct.

Then tell her, look, it's ___(name). If she doesn't respond, log out.

Then the next day, ask her if she played Webkinz yet. Make her feel guilty, like, Come on, I BOUGHT it for you, and now you won't even PLAY w/ it?!

IDK...my mom likes Webkinz..she's addicted to Cash Cow! So I'm not sure if this'll work. You could also play a game and in the middle say Mom can you do this for me? I can pause it! THen explain how to play quickly, and pretend yo have to go to the bathroom.

Good luck!
~Pubob03
Pubob03 is offline Female
Old 08-20-2008, 12:30 PM   #19
KnittinKitten
Gifted

Princess18 is a splendid one to beholdPrincess18 is a splendid one to beholdPrincess18 is a splendid one to beholdPrincess18 is a splendid one to behold

Does your mom like computer games? I do, and after my daughter asked me to help her earn kinzcash on her account, I got hooked on the games. She talked me into buying myself a Webkinz, and like others, I seem to spend more time on it than she does.

I would suggest asking her to play a few games for you to help you earn kinzcash. There are so many games to choose from. If she likes word games, let her play Quizzy's Word Challenge. If she likes card games, there's Get Eleven Solitaire, Stack 'Em Up Solitaire, and Triple Strike Solitaire. She might also like Tile Towers or the new Smoothie Moves!

I love having my daughter visit my house on Webkinz and play pool, Dogbeard's Bathtub Battles, or Farming Frenzy.

She might think it is just for kids, too. Next time she takes you shopping for Webkinz, start a conversation with the salesperson about how you heard a lot of adults play on Webkinz. I was a little embarrassed at first, but the owner of the local shop where we buy most of our webbies told me about how many adults play to help out their kids and grandkids.

I don't know if any of this will help, but best of luck.

Princess18 is offline Female
Old 08-20-2008, 12:31 PM   #20
Lea
Gift Guru

Good advice guys! Thanks everyone!
LOL she won't think I'm weird with the Bob thing. I've played violin since the fourth grade, and I named "her" Bob. LOL.

---------- Lea added 0 Minutes and 39 Seconds later ----------

OOOH, she LOVES crossword puzzles and word games! Thanks so much!

Last edited by Lea; 08-20-2008 at 12:31 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Lea is offline Female
Closed