Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2009, 07:38 AM   #31
Happy 2009
Gift Guru

Igme916 has a reputation beyond reputeIgme916 has a reputation beyond reputeIgme916 has a reputation beyond reputeIgme916 has a reputation beyond reputeIgme916 has a reputation beyond reputeIgme916 has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: My Mid Life Kinz-Crisis :(

I'm a boy and I play Webkinz. Like you, I'm more interested in the codes and the virtual games, not really the stuffed animals. None of my friends understand my fascination with Webkinz either. But there is nothing wrong with our hobbies, hear?

I think there could be worse games that you could be playing. If I were a parent, I'd rahter that my kids play Webkinz than violent video games.
Igme916 is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2009, 09:43 AM   #32
KKH81497
Webkinz :)

KKH81497 is an unknown quantity at this point

Once a year would be worth a try! It would keep your account and you wouldn't spend as much money
KKH81497 is offline Female
Old 04-24-2009, 07:37 AM   #33
a wee bit
Gifted

kigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledge

Have you explained that to them? I mean that you just really need the codes? Sometimes kids just expect parents to know things--believe me, as a parent I know!! Also kuddos to all who donate their plushies!! Maybe you could inspire them to let you just keep your account active with one new pet a year by taking up a cause. Let me explain...

You could hold a collection at school or church or something to collect stuffed animals to be donated to a hospital or police station. They would never be able to say no to you if you have a goal to help others out. You could really turn this into an opportunity to learn skills for organizing and planning and be able to show your parents how responsible you are in the "real" world as opposed to playing webbies in the virtual world all the time Good luck!

BTW--have you showed them how many of us "adults" are on here playing with our webbies? LOL!!!!
kigz is offline Female
Old 04-24-2009, 07:41 AM   #34

HuskyLuv is the cats pajamas!HuskyLuv is the cats pajamas!HuskyLuv is the cats pajamas!HuskyLuv is the cats pajamas!HuskyLuv is the cats pajamas!HuskyLuv is the cats pajamas!

You could just buy one Webkinz a year and donate the stuffed animals to Good Will or something.
HuskyLuv is offline Female
Old 04-24-2009, 07:44 AM   #35
Gifted

wowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a hero
wowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a hero

Like lots of the others said, try earning some of your own cash. Also, maybe 1 or 2 a year would be enough. And you could also try trading cards for pets, and give the Plushies of your pets to charity. I hope you feel better.
wowewe is offline Female
Old 04-24-2009, 08:17 AM   #36
slc1965
slc1965 is on a distinguished road

I like the idea of buying the pet for the code and giving the stuffed animal way perhaps to a local hospital. This way you are getting the code and making a child happy with the animal. I don't like the idea of buying the pets from ebay unless you are able to get the pet with. You may be able to find some of the older or little kinz for under $10 as my sister did for me. As far as buying them from the estore, I don't want to say anything complete wrong about it but I find it a bit expensive to buy a code for the pets at $12.50 and not receiving the pets. I would like to see the estore actually produce a pet that you would receive. I really like the pheonix and butterfly. I would also consider the delux membershipship. Buy the $45 family package and get 4 of your friends to go in with you - each of you (5) would spend $9 and have your account extended for another full year. You wouldn't have to do this right away or even purchase another stuffed animal for a while based on your expiration date. Everyone has given you several options to consider, so you may want to sit down with your mother and discuss them and see what you come up with.
Good luck and hope to see you in Webkinz.
slc1965 is offline Female
Old 04-24-2009, 02:36 PM   #37

Fireball will become famous soon enough

I am 28, male and a father of 2. I also have a gecko webkinz on my wife's account that I really enjoy playing with (not just for the arcade games).

It is time to speak with your parents about their concerns. They most likely are wanting to see you move towards becoming a man (which is a good thing) and are afraid the webkinz are holding you back. Once you determine the nature of their concern, you can work out a plan (with your parents) to demonstrate responsibility, continued smart choices, while also retaining some freedom to enjoy webkinz world (with or without the plushies.)

Feel free to PM me any time if you need a guy to chat with. I hope this helps!
Fireball is offline Male
Old 04-24-2009, 03:07 PM   #38
NanaAboo
Gifted

Aboo will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by zboy3100
So today was the day it hit me. I absolutely love playing Webkinz. I play it as much as I can, it's just that I realized something today. I'm a highschool student who is a boy. My mom and dad get frustrated that I but stuffed animals. They don't undrstand the fact that it's just for the code to play online. Soon I'm going to be forced to stop buying webkinz, and my account will expire. It's really hard to think that all of the hard work I ever put into my account will one day just all go to waste. I'm sorry that you all have to hear this. I just really need some cheering up right now.
I have to ask why do you think you have to quit buying Webkinz? If you just want them for the codes, tell your parents that AND then donate the stuffed animals to the children's hospital in your area. That way you get to continue to play Webkinz and you help brighten the lives of some children stuck in a hospital!

If there aren't any children's hospitals in your area, donate them to a lower income school. My daughter teaches at one and I give her my stuffed animals to pass out to the children there. They are sooooooo appreciative of getting them.
Aboo is offline Female
Old 04-24-2009, 03:15 PM   #39
ilovebeckymost‚ô•

TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!

It's okay. Just hold through. Maybe it'll change.
TheLovelyLife is offline Female
Old 04-24-2009, 03:36 PM   #40
poohemk

poohemk will become famous soon enough

I agree that you can buy through estore to avoid buying plushies and if it's about money if definately does only take one a year to keep it open but I know if you like getting some of the pet specific items that can be hard unless you can trade with someone. As far as being too old, I'm a middle aged women who started playing with my niece and I get ridiculed by family members on a regualr basis, but I enjoy the games and such so I press on. Hope you find a way to make it work.
Closed