Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2009, 06:16 PM   #1
ebkinz fan
Webkinz :)

Shandree is a jewel in the roughShandree is a jewel in the rough

Unhappy Answered: My kinz phone shuts off on it's own- Can't invite people- People can invite me to games when I am busy D:<

I have a problem with my webkinz phone. It seems that when the "refresh" on the left side goes down it shuts off. I can understand if this is a feature to prevent people from phoning you when you are afk, but it is really bothering me and I am wondering if there's a way to shut off the auto refresh because there's a power button and I can just use that instead. I was also just curious if it shuts off for other people or just me...
My second problem is that when I try to invite people it either says they are busy, they have friends over or (after several tries when it said they were busy..) They are not online anymore...Anyone else have problems like this?
Finally the last problem that is bothering me is the fact that people can phone me when I'm in a quick game (not sure about pvp) and invite me to a pvp game and mess up my current game if they do it over and over. This isn't usually such a bad problem because I can shut off my phone and still do quick games but I was wondering if anyone else ever encountered this problem.
I am curious if I invite someone to my room if they see a pop up too...I tried several times to invite my friends just to test how inviting them to my room would go and I'd like to apologize if they received a bunch of popups...Just in case you are not sure if I am your friend the first three letters of my username are "ace"
So far I've only managed to get invites to two people's houses. One I went exploring in (before I knew better.) and one I tried to talk to the person in but they sent me home.. Or a glitch did.
I hope to visit more people's homes and have some people visit mine sometime.
Shandree is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by fuzzysocks
First off welcome to WI!

Okay, I am having afew similar problems, but I have afew ways to deal with them. Maybe they'll help you abit so here it goes.

Since they have added Doug, my kinzchat phone turns off very quicky. It's very annoying but there really isn't very much you can do about this, except it seems to hold up abit longer if your actually in a room talking to people in KC or KCP and being active. I think is they're way of having the servers less busy, for people who aren't actually there, just logged in.

If you want to continue playing games without being interrupted put your status in "do not disturb". It's the button just above the power button on your Kinz Chat phone. You won't show up on top of your friend's list as online, only as a yellow face if you scroll farther down. If you have do not disturb on people can't invite you to do other things. Really helps when your busy.

To invite your friends over to your house, try having both of you go to the newspaper first, then you go to your house, and while they are waiting at the newspaper invite them from there. If your in the clubhouse, then it will say that they have friends over, and you cannot invite them.

I'm not really sure what to say about the "this member is offline". This has happened to me too, since I joined webkinz in 2006. Try logging in and out, it normally works, or sometimes if you keep inviting them then they will show up.

Also here's the link to Ganz number and contact support if you'd like to give that a try.
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...ddress-247012/

Well I hope I helped somewhat, best of luck! Thanks for taking the time to read.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2009, 06:19 PM   #2
I Love My

Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!

Default Re: My kinz phone shuts off on it's own- Can't invite people- People can invite me to games when I am busy D:<

Hmm.. that's very strange.
I would assume that it's just a glitch,
because Ganz has been experiencing a lot
of those lately. However, if the problem still continues
in about a week or so I would try contacting Ganz. Good luck!

- Midnights Bliss
Midnights Bliss is offline Female
Old 06-19-2009, 06:22 PM   #3

Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!

Default Re: My kinz phone shuts off on it's own- Can't invite people- People can invite me to games when I am busy D:<

Try contacting ganz. This may be a kinz chat phone glitch. Contact 1-800-WEBKINZ
Dudeness is offline Female
Old 06-19-2009, 06:27 PM   #4
Gifted

fuzzysocks has a reputation beyond reputefuzzysocks has a reputation beyond reputefuzzysocks has a reputation beyond reputefuzzysocks has a reputation beyond reputefuzzysocks has a reputation beyond repute

First off welcome to WI!

Okay, I am having afew similar problems, but I have afew ways to deal with them. Maybe they'll help you abit so here it goes.

Since they have added Doug, my kinzchat phone turns off very quicky. It's very annoying but there really isn't very much you can do about this, except it seems to hold up abit longer if your actually in a room talking to people in KC or KCP and being active. I think is they're way of having the servers less busy, for people who aren't actually there, just logged in.

If you want to continue playing games without being interrupted put your status in "do not disturb". It's the button just above the power button on your Kinz Chat phone. You won't show up on top of your friend's list as online, only as a yellow face if you scroll farther down. If you have do not disturb on people can't invite you to do other things. Really helps when your busy.

To invite your friends over to your house, try having both of you go to the newspaper first, then you go to your house, and while they are waiting at the newspaper invite them from there. If your in the clubhouse, then it will say that they have friends over, and you cannot invite them.

I'm not really sure what to say about the "this member is offline". This has happened to me too, since I joined webkinz in 2006. Try logging in and out, it normally works, or sometimes if you keep inviting them then they will show up.

Also here's the link to Ganz number and contact support if you'd like to give that a try.
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...ddress-247012/

Well I hope I helped somewhat, best of luck! Thanks for taking the time to read.

Last edited by fuzzysocks; 06-19-2009 at 06:38 PM..
fuzzysocks is offline Female
Old 06-19-2009, 06:28 PM   #5
I'm now a

x-tiff is a splendid one to beholdx-tiff is a splendid one to beholdx-tiff is a splendid one to beholdx-tiff is a splendid one to behold

I think it's a glitch, contact Ganz their number is 1-800-WEBKINZ good luck~!

~x-tiff
x-tiff is offline Female
Old 06-19-2009, 06:36 PM   #6
I'm a learning
Gifted

pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!

Default My 2 cents

Reasons That your Phone Might Shut Down
  • If you goto the Adoption center, it will put you into the "Gray Zone" or disconnect you
  • Sometimes after a job or class at the Kinzville Academy or Employment office, they turn off
  • After playing a game in the arcade
  • After doing anything online
  • You loose connection to the internet

I have this same issue. Well, had. My internet got stronger so this doesn't happen to me anymore. I hope you have good luck.
pokemon2 is offline Female
Old 06-19-2009, 06:37 PM   #7
Whooo hooo
Gift Guru

Tula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clown

Yes I would agree that my phone has gone off very quickly ever since Doug. Its so annoying because I have to start all over turning it back on and getting it back to the color I want. Also, yes I have all those problems with inviting and so on. I never knew why. I think these are glitches that have never been resolved.
Tula is offline Female
Old 06-19-2009, 06:39 PM   #8
ebkinz fan

Shandree is a jewel in the roughShandree is a jewel in the rough

Thanks fuzzysocks. That info really helped me. I will try the newspaper trick next time and try chatting more often when in the room.
Shandree is offline Female
Closed

Tags
invite, phone, refresh, shut off