Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2008, 06:19 AM   #11
MY NAME IS EMMA
Gifted

coolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wonder

Default Re: My dog ate my webkinz.

Sounds like your dog is angry, because you are away all day, and he has nobody to play with, so he does mischevious things. Spend some time with him. Play ball, scratch his stomach, etc. After you do that, he may not try to eat the webbies..
coolawesomeAbby is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2008, 06:24 AM   #12
Webkinz :)

Phoebe's Mom has much to be proud ofPhoebe's Mom has much to be proud ofPhoebe's Mom has much to be proud ofPhoebe's Mom has much to be proud ofPhoebe's Mom has much to be proud of

When my dog was a puppy, she was only allowed out of her restricted area if supervised. Whenever she started to put her mouth on something she wasn't allowed to chew on, I had a small pillow that I would throw at her, and say "NO! Not Phoebe's!" Then I would immediately give her a dog toy, saying "This is Phoebe's." We were diligent while she was young, and eventually she would look at us when we gave her a toy and wouldn't touch it until we said "It's Phoebe's."

She has been a stellar dog--never destroyed anything that wasn't hers (although she loved to gut her toys). She is now 16-1/2, nearly blind and deaf, and I miss the days of her playing with things.

Good luck--I agree that your dog is either confused and thinks the toys are his, OR he's jealous with the amount of time you spend with your other pets!
Phoebe's Mom is offline Female
Old 10-20-2008, 06:26 AM   #13

meerkat1123432 is on a distinguished road

I feel so bad for you I dont know how it feels but I would punish my dog if I had one.
meerkat1123432 is offline Male
Old 10-20-2008, 06:30 AM   #14
derrie100

Derrie is on a distinguished road

Try sprinkleing some (I mean alot) of cayenne pepper into the fur, however DON'T if your dog likes spicy foods lol!
Derrie is offline Male
Old 10-20-2008, 06:31 AM   #15
elcome 2014!!
Gift Coach

funmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellence
funmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellence

Donation Award 

Sorry to hear about your problem ~ I don't know what those beads are made of, just plastic I think. Anyway, not good to eat! I don't know what to do to get him to stop tearing up your webkinz though

My chihuahua LOVES to play with our webkinz. We let her have the lil kinz dogs we have, since we have a couple of hundred webbies between us we have plenty to share, lol. She loves the lil kinz dogs though, and she doesn't actually tear them up I guess cause she's so little...

Good luck !!!
Old 10-20-2008, 06:33 AM   #16
Bailey is
Gifted

buggirl28 has a reputation beyond reputebuggirl28 has a reputation beyond reputebuggirl28 has a reputation beyond reputebuggirl28 has a reputation beyond reputebuggirl28 has a reputation beyond reputebuggirl28 has a reputation beyond repute

It may be hard to stop him. I think he is seeking attention that you can't give him because you are asleep. Maybe you could try buying him a webbie without a tag or something. Or, if there is a door into your room, close it. Hope this helps.
buggirl28 is offline Female
Old 10-20-2008, 09:18 AM   #17
I See Dead

smallfry120 is a name known to allsmallfry120 is a name known to allsmallfry120 is a name known to all

I know just how you feel. Our family used to keep all the doors in the house open, and now they are ALL shut, especially the bathrooms. Our family dog LOVES all things paper, so our problem is with the toilet paper. But here is some advice to you:

1. Keep your webbies out of reach of your puppy for the time being

2. Like other members have suggested, spray your webbies with something that is"dog repellent". You can buy products that are meant for that in pet stores and some vets. We use that on our christmas tree each year. If we didn't, that tree would be ripped apart in no time. Some of the products work better than others, and sometimes it just depends. One thing one dog may find to smell unbearable, may seem like a wonderful aroma to another. So you will have to go through some trils until you find the right stench to keep your dog away

3. You can also have yourr dog trained. This certainly didn't work for us, but it has for many people we kno. The training isn't harsh. You can take your dog to a local PetSmart to have classes. This way, your dog will learn manners and a few tricks along the way

4. Close your door during the night. That would keep your little pup out. I suggest you always keep bathroom doors closed, or keep the toilet paper off the hanger and out of your dog's reach. However harmless paper may seem, it can actually clog your dog up if it eats a LOT of it, which could later lead to more serious problems

5. And if your dog eats more webkinz and other stuffies, I suggest you take it to a vet, just in case. As other members have said, the beads are most likely non toxic because of child safety laws. But your dog could choke, or they too could get stuck somewhere and clog up your puppy's insides.

I hope I have been helpful. Good luck with your puppy problem!

Sincerely,

Smallfry120
smallfry120 is offline Female
Old 10-20-2008, 09:30 AM   #18
call me Ashley. [=
Gifted

FunnyHoney has much to be proud ofFunnyHoney has much to be proud ofFunnyHoney has much to be proud ofFunnyHoney has much to be proud of

Does he have his own toys to chew on? Maybe you can buy him a few of his own stuffed animals with no beads inside, and let him play with that.

What I did when I had a dog is, I put alcohol on the thing he was chewing (no poisinous for dogs) and my dog didn't even go near the toy because of the smell. After a few days the smell wore off but my dog Roxy, still didn't want the toy.

If I were you I would gather up all my webkinz and put them up high on a bookshelf or something, so your dog can't reach it.

I don't think the little beads from the webkinz dolls are bad for your dog.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:11 AM   #19
4 Accts. please ask

KaileysMommy has a spectacular aura about

You might try getting your dog the toys out of the claw machines. They are usually cheap and are kinda like webbies so maybe he will play with them instead.
KaileysMommy is offline Female
Old 10-20-2008, 11:06 AM   #20
Gift Trainee

KittyFanatic is a jewel in the roughKittyFanatic is a jewel in the rough

Oh my - while it is almost funny, it has to be frustrating too!

I agree with some of the others -
first off, the pellets are most likely non-toxic polyester pellets.
Not a favored snack food, but shouldn't be too harmful either - you'll probably see them in his "deposits" in a few days! (My button supplier has a dog that regularly likes to eat buttons, and they always show up later on - never had one stuck yet. The beanie pellets are even smaller, so should pass through relatively harmlessly.)

But, on the destruction of your webbies - that is a tough one. So many dog toys look like stuffed animals - we can't really fault a dog for not knowing which are chewie toys and which are collectibles! (Much like why we never let our dog play with old shoes - she didn't know which were new and which were off limits!)

I would suggest spraying some pepper spray on the legs of one or two of them. No need to spray all of your webbies, IMHO - the point is to break the dog of grabbing the stuffed animals.
I'd keep all of them UP except for 2 or 3 that you have sprayed with something they hate! They make that thumb-sucking stuff for little kids to help them break the habit of putting their hands in their mouths... it shouldn't harm a dog either. Perhaps get a little spray bottle from the dollar store, and mix some thumb-sucking stuff, or some sort of red pepper/hot sauce with water, and spray those 2 or 3 webbies you don't mind doing this to (it could change the color or stain them, so be sure to not use your favorites! Of course, if they are getting torn up, it won't matter, but you get my drift!)

The other thing that is a big maybe, is to spray dust remover on them. This might sound crazy, but I can vouch for how horrible this stuff tastes! I have one of those canned air sprayers for computer/electronics parts. I had been cleaning out my keyboard (which mysteriously seems to get a lot of cat hair in there! LOL!), and had been spraying extra on some of the tougher spots. Now, I have a bad habit of sitting snackage in the spot above the number pad to grab while working. Well, I'd sat a few gummies there after cleaning. I picked them up to eat later, and O-M-G - the most horrible taste! GA-ROSS!

I quickly read the can to see if I should call the poison control or not! : /
Anyway, the answer was not - it isn't toxic if ingested. Turns out, they have
started adding a "bittering" agent to the spray to discourage the people who abuse inhalant products! (Trying to imagine how one could abuse a keyboard cleaner, but we won't go there.) Let's just say that the "bittering agent" is a very mild description of the taste!
If you spray each leg of a webbie well, chances are very good that your pet will not like the taste it gets! (And this stuff sticks around until washed off - I had the same experience a couple days later with a sandwich that got sat down on the desk - apparently, overspray from the keyboard had invisibly coated that part of the desk - eewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww......napkins from here on out!)

Anyway, that's a few ideas for you anyway.
I know my son has one webbie, the lil' Kinz cocker spaniel, that his cat adores. She carries it around with her in her mouth, and will hide it under the couch for future cuddling! LOL!
She doesn't care much on the other ones - just this one webbie. Go figure!

Last edited by KittyFanatic; 10-20-2008 at 11:10 AM..
KittyFanatic is offline Female
Closed