Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2009, 12:13 PM   #1
Sholyrn
Gifted

sholyrn is just really nicesholyrn is just really nice

Default Unanswered: My Dilemma

Hello, I have two children that play webkinz. One older (this is her WI account, but she said I could use it for a little bit) and one younger. As soon as my older daughter found out about the Deluxe Membership she asked me right away if it could be her "good report card" present. I always buy them a small present if they make honors. The problem is that I think the annual is more worth it, but that is over my "good report card" gift budget. As soon as my younger daughter found out about the Deluxe Membership too she wanted it. So right away I decided I could do the family plan so they could each be Deluxe Members. But my older daughter keeps telling me she wants the roller coaster and it isn't fair because her sister doesn't play much. This is true, as she only plays a couple hours on the weekends. So, what should I do? Should I tell them that I will pay for the family and they can earn (mainly my younger daughter) or pay me (my older daughter will do right away) to upgrade to them each getting the roller coaster? Any suggestions?

Thanks
sholyrn is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2009, 12:18 PM   #2
No day but today
Gift Guru

Alcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guide

Default Re: My Dilemma

I suggest that you get them each an individual account, but whatever goes over your budget, they will each have to pay for out of their own money
Alcnor is offline Female
Old 04-04-2009, 12:19 PM   #3
Sholyrn
Gifted

I was thinking of that, and they do each have their own accounts
Old 04-04-2009, 12:22 PM   #4
Thanks WI. You rock!
Gift Guru

ConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guide

Donation Award 

Yes, I agree, if they both want the roller coaster, get them each the Deluxe account and have them earn/pay the difference over your regular gift amount. That way, everyone's happy and Mom hasn't caved Good luck with that decision. CJ
Old 04-04-2009, 12:26 PM   #5
twinkler4444
Webkinz :)

DukeDakota is a name known to allDukeDakota is a name known to allDukeDakota is a name known to all

Kind of confusing.. I think they should both have to earn it themselves or buy the rollarcoaster with their own money. This is really a hard one...
maybe you could just get the family pack and then tell everyone that they all earned it and if they want anything extra they would have to earn/buy it
DukeDakota is offline Female
Old 04-04-2009, 12:27 PM   #6
venom7878
Gifted

venom7878 has a spectacular aura about

I would just use the family plan. It works out better.

Explain to your daughter that not all parents get presents for report cards, so she should be thankful for just having the family plan. If she really wants the report card, she'll spend her own money. If you raise your spending limits, you could get pushed until your daughters expect free stuff all the time.

Just my opinion.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:28 PM   #7
Sholyrn
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by ConchyJane
Yes, I agree, if they both want the roller coaster, get them each the Deluxe account and have them earn/pay the difference over your regular gift amount. That way, everyone's happy and Mom hasn't caved Good luck with that decision. CJ
I like this. It will also help me figure out who really wants it. I have a hard time believing my youngest will actually work to get the roller coaster.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:32 PM   #8
I'm a deep sea

S.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with grace

View Post Originally Posted by sholyrn
Hello, I have two children that play webkinz. One older (this is her WI account, but she said I could use it for a little bit) and one younger. As soon as my older daughter found out about the Deluxe Membership she asked me right away if it could be her "good report card" present. I always buy them a small present if they make honors. The problem is that I think the annual is more worth it, but that is over my "good report card" gift budget. As soon as my younger daughter found out about the Deluxe Membership too she wanted it. So right away I decided I could do the family plan so they could each be Deluxe Members. But my older daughter keeps telling me she wants the roller coaster and it isn't fair because her sister doesn't play much. This is true, as she only plays a couple hours on the weekends. So, what should I do? Should I tell them that I will pay for the family and they can earn (mainly my younger daughter) or pay me (my older daughter will do right away) to upgrade to them each getting the roller coaster? Any suggestions?

Thanks
I would tell them that "Right now, i would pay for the family plan, you have earned that much, but if you want the Annual plan, you will have to pay me the extra."

-If your older Daughter then payed you the extra for the annual plan, then I would get your younger daughter a seperate plan.

-If your younger and older daughter both pay for annual plans, then you are set!

This is just my input. I hope everything works out fine and smoothly with the plans.
Good luck.

~Star
S.O.S.Star is offline Female
Old 04-04-2009, 12:33 PM   #9
Sholyrn
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by venom7878
I would just use the family plan. It works out better.

Explain to your daughter that not all parents get presents for report cards, so she should be thankful for just having the family plan. If she really wants the report card, she'll spend her own money. If you raise your spending limits, you could get pushed until your daughters expect free stuff all the time.

Just my opinion.
It's funny you say that. I have friends that think my kids are sweet because they don't expect anything like there kids do. This would definitely be a one time thing as I only give them gifts for report cards. This would also be the first webkinz related thing I bought them aside from Christmas.

I do see your point though.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:59 PM   #10
marnabear

marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness
marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness

WI Subscriber

How is your older daughter going to pay the difference? If she wants her own plan and has to pay for it, then it's not really fair for you to pay for a yearly plan for the younger one because she would get the same benefits as her sister without paying for it. It's a real dilemma for you.
marnabear is offline Female
Closed