Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2007, 09:30 AM   #21
Gift Guru

momlovestocook is just really nicemomlovestocook is just really nice

Default Re: My daughter's account was hacked into :(

I am happy you know what happened. What I do not understand is if they could trace what was sent and who did it, why they will not at least put the items back. They are virtual items after all and could easily be put back. I hope they cancelled the other girls account at least.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2007, 09:45 AM   #22
sheekymonkey
Gift Guru

sheekymonkey has a spectacular aura about

thqat is bad well never lose those codes i learne the hard ay i lost my frist ever webkinz code and had to buy all new webkinz for a new account lol so i would have more webkinz but that is so sa you have my condonlences
Old 11-06-2007, 09:47 AM   #23
Webkinz :)

LouisvilleMom is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree that if my daughter did this to someone I would want to know. I would contact the other mother and try to approach it casually, saying "I know that it's just a game, but my daughter worked really hard for these items". I think the other mother could make her send the items back if Ganz hasn't suspended her account. If the other girl was my daughter she would be grounded from the computer for a long time. I'm sure if she's that bored there are some things she could help do around the house. It's sad when you have to have a talk with your kids about how some people have no morals. It ruins the innocence of youth to be hurt in that way.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:48 AM   #24
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

Hi Bonnie.

I am sorry this happened to you and your daughter. You seem to have taken the right steps after this. I hate to think of how your daughter is feeling. I recommend making a really good password now, one with both capital and lowercase letters, numbers and symbols. Webkinzgram also has some really great tips in the password thread, which has a link in my sig. Good luck to you in replacing all of your items!
-Lilypad is offline Female
Old 11-06-2007, 09:50 AM   #25
Lil Kinz

shortie_yorkie is an unknown quantity at this point

OH MAN! Something happened to me too! I payed 4000 kinzcash for a really awesome hot air balloon and 1000 for a silver sofa, and the next day, it is all gone!
Old 11-06-2007, 09:56 AM   #26
Webkinz :)
pandacubzmom is on a distinguished road

How terrible! I'm so glad you found out who did it - I would be at that child's house ASAP talking to her mom .... In a few more years hacking could get them into serious trouble.

By sharing this information, I bet you've helped many of us avoid the same thing. I'm going right now to change our password to something more secure.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:57 AM   #27
Pother1974
Gift Guru

Pother1974 will become famous soon enough

Bonnie please add me to your friend list my ID is Pother1974 I would like to help with a few items.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:06 AM   #28
olemiss
Gifted

UMAlum is on a distinguished road

I'm so sorry this happened. I hope Ganz has let you know that the other account has been closed or something. I think they take that very seriously, I hope they do at least.

My older daughter is the same age and she and her friends sign on at each other's houses. She also willingly traded one of her POTM items for something ridiculous while not at our house. BUMMER, I tried not to make too big of a deal about it b/c it is just a game but I did let her know she won't get another one and she needs to make sure the trading is fair!

I think I will go and change my kids passwords right now just in case. Ours aren't too tricky either.

That is just terrible, I'm so sorry she had such a hard lesson to learn.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:32 AM   #29
Gift Guru

bonnie is a golden guidebonnie is a golden guidebonnie is a golden guidebonnie is a golden guidebonnie is a golden guidebonnie is a golden guidebonnie is a golden guidebonnie is a golden guidebonnie is a golden guidebonnie is a golden guidebonnie is a golden guidebonnie is a golden guidebonnie is a golden guide

I actually did call the mother first in this instance. I left it up to her to confront her daughter. This girl has come over already and made an apology in person to my daughter and from what I was told that is only the start of the consequences for what she did. I really think she will learn from this experience.

As for our password it has been changed to something alot more difficult to remember and type. My daughter has learned from this as well......

Bonnie
Old 11-06-2007, 05:38 PM   #30
Pother1974
Gift Guru

Pother1974 will become famous soon enough

Bonnie if you are on send me an in game message plz so i know who you are. Thank you.
Closed