Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2010, 11:43 AM   #1
Gift Guru
webfamily wows us all with wonderwebfamily wows us all with wonderwebfamily wows us all with wonderwebfamily wows us all with wonderwebfamily wows us all with wonderwebfamily wows us all with wonderwebfamily wows us all with wonderwebfamily wows us all with wonderwebfamily wows us all with wonder

Default Answered: My computer is not showing updates. I have cleared my cache but still won't show new theme or exclusives.

My computer is not showing the new space theme or the new exclusives. It is still showing the new kids theme under new items and all of the retired exclusives.

I have cleared my cache several times. Restarted the computer, completely shut down the computer and rebooted and even uninstalled adobe flash and reinstalled it.

Still won't show the new stuff.

It is this computer, my laptop does show the new stuff but I need to get it up on this computer (main computer for the house, particularly for my girls).

So, what else can I try?
webfamily is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by Dixiecup
View Post Originally Posted by webfamily
I have never had this problem before and I don't even usually have to clear my cache for the updates to be there.

I can see the new newspaper as well.

This problem is on my vista computer, what are you guys all on?

I did windows update and it is now trying to update to service pack 2 but said it would take over an hour. I'm not sure what else to do.

This laptop is windows 7 and has no problem. Think I'll go boot up the old slow windows xp and see if it works there.
Ok...that means you ALL have the NEW clear cache method that preserves your favorite links. YOu have to go in there and disable that, click this so that it is NOT selected. Then clear your cache. You will discover that it works after that. It is just hanging on to an old link
Click the image to open in full size.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2010, 12:05 PM   #2
Gift Guru

angelofmine flows towards the sea of knowledgeangelofmine flows towards the sea of knowledgeangelofmine flows towards the sea of knowledgeangelofmine flows towards the sea of knowledgeangelofmine flows towards the sea of knowledgeangelofmine flows towards the sea of knowledgeangelofmine flows towards the sea of knowledgeangelofmine flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Re: My computer is not showing updates. I have cleared my cache but still won't show new theme or exclusives.

hi there not showing up on my new laptop either it is wierd
angel
Old 02-03-2010, 12:11 PM   #3
Webkinz :)

bigfireball is a name known to allbigfireball is a name known to allbigfireball is a name known to all

Default Re: My computer is not showing updates. I have cleared my cache but still won't show new theme or exclusives.

I can't see them either and have done everything you have, the good thing about it though, I wished for a Wpond which I didn't have now that it is retired.
bigfireball is offline Female
Old 02-03-2010, 12:18 PM   #4

khare is on a distinguished road

nothing is showing up on mine either and i've done evrything also SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
khare is offline Female
Old 02-03-2010, 12:33 PM   #5
toricutie2000

toricutie is the bees knees!toricutie is the bees knees!toricutie is the bees knees!toricutie is the bees knees!toricutie is the bees knees!toricutie is the bees knees!toricutie is the bees knees!

its not showing up on mine either
Old 02-03-2010, 12:38 PM   #6

jemkinz is sweet stuff
jemkinz is sweet stuffjemkinz is sweet stuffjemkinz is sweet stuffjemkinz is sweet stuffjemkinz is sweet stuffjemkinz is sweet stuffjemkinz is sweet stuff

Donation Award 

I don't see them either. I find that after an update and a promise of new stuff, they don't show up for a few days. I see the promos on the Newspaper page, but they aren't there yet.
jemkinz is offline Female
Old 02-03-2010, 12:43 PM   #7
Gift Guru
webfamily wows us all with wonderwebfamily wows us all with wonderwebfamily wows us all with wonderwebfamily wows us all with wonderwebfamily wows us all with wonderwebfamily wows us all with wonderwebfamily wows us all with wonderwebfamily wows us all with wonderwebfamily wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by jemkinz
I don't see them either. I find that after an update and a promise of new stuff, they don't show up for a few days. I see the promos on the Newspaper page, but they aren't there yet.
I have never had this problem before and I don't even usually have to clear my cache for the updates to be there.

I did windows update and it is now trying to update to service pack 2 but said it would take over an hour. I'm not sure what else to do.

This laptop is windows 7 and has no problem. Think I'll go boot up the old slow windows xp and see if it works there.
webfamily is offline Female
Old 02-03-2010, 12:46 PM   #8
ho is Tinker?
Gifted

florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!

I had the same problem. Here is what I did: I went to my home page and then emptied my cache, shut down my browser, then restarted my computer. i can see everything now. I am on a mac.
florida is offline Female
Old 02-03-2010, 12:50 PM   #9
Gift Guru

curiousg has disabled reputation

WI Subscriber
Donation Level 2 

Glad to see this thread. I wondered if I was the only one. But I will add that I did see the new items briefly. In fact, I am pretty sure I bought the space thing that sticks on the wall, but then when I logged back in it was not in my dock and it was after that second log in that I could not see the new items.

It appears though that I was given back my kinzcash.

Maybe the items are not really ready yet. I suspect as someone said above that the new items will be in the W shop in a few days.
curiousg is offline Female
Old 02-03-2010, 12:55 PM   #10
Thanks WI. You rock!
Gift Guru

ConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guide

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by webfamily

I am using Vista and it's updated on all of my accounts which are on different servers. I would suggest if you have at least 10 tokens in the wish factory that you go grab an old retired exclusive while you can still get them! The new ones will be around for a while CJ
Closed