Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2009, 10:09 PM   #1
koko4607
Webkinz :)

koko4607 is a jewel in the roughkoko4607 is a jewel in the rough

Default Unanswered: My avatar keeps coming out too small...

I've been looking for a thread on this but can't seem to find one. I'm trying to make an avatar of one of my pets from a picture I took (screenshot) of the pet waving. I want to narrow down to mainly the pet and set that as my avatar. I get the picture, I go into paint, I cut out the part I want but when I save it as my avatar it is way too small. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2009, 10:39 PM   #2
Gift Guru

TexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roost

Default Re: My avatar keeps coming out too small...

Hmm I'm not a PC user so I don't know how to fix it however if you give me the uncropped pic I can crop it for you
TexasGirl8 is offline Female
Old 04-22-2009, 10:41 PM   #3
Banned
scruffy9916 is a jewel in the roughscruffy9916 is a jewel in the rough

I can do it post the pic on my profile page aI'll crop it for u!
Old 04-22-2009, 11:35 PM   #4
krqcmom
Gift Guru

Jarrah knows the way
Jarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the way

Have you tried zooming in before doing the printscreen?

When I use my pets in Avatars I always zoom first.

If the room looks like this: The avatar is small.

Click the image to open in full size.

If you click the zoom (+) the room switches to:

And then when you cut out the image of your pet the avatar is this size:

Jarrah is offline Female
Old 04-23-2009, 07:26 AM   #5
koko4607

Thanks Texasgirl8 and Scruffy9916 for offering to do this for me. I really want to know how to do it myself.

Jarrah - I have zoomed in and I get to the point where your showing just your pet (I love the outfit!!). But when I save that in Paint it becomes really small, too small to see. Do I need to save it as something other than .jpeg?

Maybe I should be using Photobucket instead of Paint?
Old 04-23-2009, 07:32 AM   #6
HONKs your sox!
Gifted

mini_rox_your_sox is cool as a bunny clownmini_rox_your_sox is cool as a bunny clownmini_rox_your_sox is cool as a bunny clownmini_rox_your_sox is cool as a bunny clownmini_rox_your_sox is cool as a bunny clownmini_rox_your_sox is cool as a bunny clownmini_rox_your_sox is cool as a bunny clownmini_rox_your_sox is cool as a bunny clown

Have you tried zooming in on paint? There is a magnifying glass that you can use. If the picture becomes too big, then you could always go to tinypic or another resizing site and make it smaller.

Hope that helps.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:35 AM   #7
Falling for

GrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud of

View Post Originally Posted by koko4607
Thanks Texasgirl8 and Scruffy9916 for offering to do this for me. I really want to know how to do it myself.

Jarrah - I have zoomed in and I get to the point where your showing just your pet (I love the outfit!!). But when I save that in Paint it becomes really small, too small to see. Do I need to save it as something other than .jpeg?

Maybe I should be using Photobucket instead of Paint?
If you want to do it yourself, go to lunapic.com. You don't have to give personal information or login to use this website. When your at lunapic.com, upload your .jpeg file to the site. You will then have an option to "change" your picture. Under "Edit" you can either scale or resize your file. Make sure your file is not bigger than 125x125 when you are finished scaling or resizing. Then download and save the file back on your computer with a new name.

Go back to Webkinzinsider and put your new "re-sized" pic in as your avatar and you should be all set! That's what I did with my current avatar, Fritz the penguin. Send me a message if you have any questions or problems. Hope this helps.

Oh and you don't have to use photobucket. You should be able to resize a file from paint. That's what I did.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:44 AM   #8
koko4607

Thanks for everyone's help! Combining all the advice I managed to get the avatar I wanted. Thank you again!!
Old 04-23-2009, 07:44 AM   #9
HONKs your sox!
Gifted

mini_rox_your_sox is cool as a bunny clownmini_rox_your_sox is cool as a bunny clownmini_rox_your_sox is cool as a bunny clownmini_rox_your_sox is cool as a bunny clownmini_rox_your_sox is cool as a bunny clownmini_rox_your_sox is cool as a bunny clownmini_rox_your_sox is cool as a bunny clownmini_rox_your_sox is cool as a bunny clown

View Post Originally Posted by koko4607
Thanks for everyone's help! Combining all the advice I managed to get the avatar I wanted. Thank you again!!
I'm glad you got the avatar.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:51 AM   #10
Falling for

GrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud of

Looks like your avatar is having "a day at the beach". I'm glad you figured it out!
Closed