Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2009, 08:40 AM   #11
arehouse 13 <3
Webkinz :)

Hedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonder

Default Re: Money For Gardining?

Yes, mine gets me about 1000 something KC per harvest ! People will multiple gardens will get even more. The best thing is, it doesn't even need watered, just raked. I find strawberry plants easiest; plus they're very pretty when it's harvesting time.
Hedgie is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2009, 08:45 AM   #12
carolinahomes

jessica17 has a spectacular aura aboutjessica17 has a spectacular aura about

View Post Originally Posted by jagular
it depends on how big your garden is. i have 14 rooms that hold 100 plants each so 1400 plants. they are strawberries. they average about 3 berries per plant so that is 4200 berries. each berry sells at the wshop for 6 kc so that makes 25,200 kc a week or 3600kc per day average.
if you only have a few plants you won't make so much money. plus it takes a long time to rake and water, harvest and sell the plants. if you don't have a lot of time stick with smaller gardens. they can be very pretty and make you some extra cash
There're a couple problems with your numbers I should point out:

You actually average just a bit under 3 berries per plant, like 2.8 or so. And it takes atleast 10 days to harvest them, more if you don't rake every single day, and when you have over 1400 plants it's hard to do them all every day.
so.....
1400 plants x 2.8 = 3920 berries in 11 days = 356 strawberries a day, sells for 6kc each, totalling 2,136 kinz cash per day. (quite a bit less than 3600 a day, read my previous post)
jessica17 is offline Female
Old 05-17-2009, 09:35 AM   #13

Allrighty has a spectacular aura aboutAllrighty has a spectacular aura about

I have 2 large gardens and I make quite a bit of money off them. Some days are over $700 and some are none. Strwaberries and carrots give you the most cash over time. You do not need to water but you do need to rake everynight or they will stop growing. It gets a little boring but for the time involved you can make a lot more cash doing that than almost anything else.
Happy Gardening!
Allrighty is offline Female
Old 05-17-2009, 09:41 AM   #14
Yay!I'm
Gifted

sassylove has a reputation beyond reputesassylove has a reputation beyond reputesassylove has a reputation beyond reputesassylove has a reputation beyond reputesassylove has a reputation beyond reputesassylove has a reputation beyond repute

yes like everyone said above,you can make an awful lot of money by simply seeling your plantes,of course it takes time and work,but in the end it is totally worth it
sassylove is offline Female
Old 05-17-2009, 09:51 AM   #15
ill PM
Gift Guru

Ergoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talent

Donation Award 

The outside yard will cost you 1000 KC then seeds range from 45 to 50 KC each at the wShop. If you check around you will find several excellent threads about gardening, however it really is not that hard. The strawberries are the best investment, more yield. You must rake everyday, but you do not need to water unless you want to do so. Make sure that you leave two openings to get into the garden otherwise you will have problems. Unless you have a lot of KC start small, buy plants, harvest, sell and buy more plants... in time you will be making the 1000 KC or more that you wanted. Good luck.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:58 AM   #16
oohoo!!!

auntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guide

Yep, gardening for profit is a huge investment, in both time and KC. You really need to go on Webkinz every day. You can start small, and add more gardens as you get more KC. I started small, then kept adding.

I have 14 gardens, 78 plants each, with all of the different fruits and veggies. I harvest every day, and can get about 1,200 to 1,500 KC every day from selling. I'm able to buy all the rare themes and new WShop themes, and I'm never totally broke. I've been at over 60,000 KC for a while now, and my highest was over 90,000 KC, but then I bought some rares and new items. My mom has fewer gardens than I do, and buys fewer rares, and she's over 100,000 KC right now.

Other gardeners will recommend that you plant carrots or strawberries only, and that you never keep any of what you harvest. But I like the variety, and I like to cook a variety of the recipe foods. So sometimes (not every day) I will keep a few of the fruits and veggies for cooking. When you garden for profit and make a lot of KC, it won't really matter if you keep 3 or 4 strawberries for cooking.

And you only have to rake and harvest, not water, which saves time. Also, it becomes easy to recognize weeds, so you won't always need to hold the measuring tape up to the plants to see if they need weeding. And it's obvious when they need harvesting.

The best thing about gardening for profit is that you make more KC, faster than if you play games or answer Quizzy's trivia. But again, it's a long-term investment. You have to harvest for a while before you earn the KC back that you spent on the seeds.

Last edited by auntjenny7; 05-17-2009 at 11:04 AM..
auntjenny7 is offline Female
Old 05-17-2009, 11:40 AM   #17
Super Collector
Gift Guru

jagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joy
jagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joy

Donation Level 2 

View Post Originally Posted by jessica17
There're a couple problems with your numbers I should point out:

You actually average just a bit under 3 berries per plant, like 2.8 or so. And it takes atleast 10 days to harvest them, more if you don't rake every single day, and when you have over 1400 plants it's hard to do them all every day.
so.....
1400 plants x 2.8 = 3920 berries in 11 days = 356 strawberries a day, sells for 6kc each, totalling 2,136 kinz cash per day. (quite a bit less than 3600 a day, read my previous post)
your numbers are your numbers and mine are mine. i actually have one room that averages 4 berries per plant. that is why i say "average" because it does vary. since i actually do have the rooms and work them everyday i know what my garden does.
if those are your numbers, then good for you
jagular is offline Female
Old 05-17-2009, 12:06 PM   #18
carolinahomes

jessica17 has a spectacular aura aboutjessica17 has a spectacular aura about

View Post Originally Posted by jagular
your numbers are your numbers and mine are mine. i actually have one room that averages 4 berries per plant. that is why i say "average" because it does vary. since i actually do have the rooms and work them everyday i know what my garden does.
if those are your numbers, then good for you
Congratulations!!!!!

I prefer being conservative though, because I don't want a new gardener to become upset at the fact that she's doing all this extra work but not earning as much kinzcash as what other people say.
jessica17 is offline Female
Closed