Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2008, 01:37 AM   #1
tkaboni
Gift Guru

tkaboni will become famous soon enough

Default Unanswered: Mod/Admin - Please Close

I have plants ready to harvest, but don't want to harvest them yet because I want some of my slow growers to catch up and harvest them all at one time. Does anyone know how long a plant can stay in the garden after it becomes ready to harvest? I don't want my plants to die waiting for a couple plants to catch up. Also do the rippened plants need water? I know while they are growing they don't need water as long as you rake them, but what about the plants that are ready to be picked?

Last edited by tkaboni; 12-30-2008 at 07:41 PM..
tkaboni is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2008, 01:50 AM   #2
Eternal Summer
Webkinz :)

GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!

Default Re: Question for Garden Experts

I believe you have two days from the time they are ready to harvest before they die and have to be dug up. I let mine go one day to see if I could increase the yield and no weeds grew in that extra day. Remember that your planting day starts at midnight EST so if you plan to let them go extra days, plan accordingly.

Many people, including me, have gardens that are off-cycle, even for gardens when everything is planted at the same time. So even if you catch them up they will probably fall off-cycle again. I would just harvest them when ready.
GPX Navigators is offline Female
Old 12-22-2008, 02:11 AM   #3
Revive our hearts
Gift Guru

IzHannah is cool as a bunny clownIzHannah is cool as a bunny clownIzHannah is cool as a bunny clownIzHannah is cool as a bunny clownIzHannah is cool as a bunny clownIzHannah is cool as a bunny clownIzHannah is cool as a bunny clownIzHannah is cool as a bunny clown

Yes, about two days is right. I usually let them go that long if I have missed several days...and then I just harvest everything that I can and then dig up the rest. That way everything is all back on the same schedule.
IzHannah is offline Female
Old 12-22-2008, 03:23 AM   #4
clarinetchick248
Gift Guru

clarinetchick248 will become famous soon enough

The problem is that everything has a different growing rate. Some things it takes just 5 days for them to be ready to harvest, and others can take up to 8 days. It all depends on what your growing, but like GPX said, there will never be a time that everything will be ready to harvest at the same time. Even the same plants (for example, strawberries) don't grow at the same rate. You could have one strawberry plant that is ready one day, and another that isn't ready until the next day or even two days later.

My recomendation is to just harvest things when they're ready. You get more fruits and vegetables that way anyway
clarinetchick248 is offline Female
Old 12-22-2008, 04:14 AM   #5
kwhite1663 is on a distinguished road

You NEVER have to water your garden. ONLY RAKE them. The fairies water them for us. There is a garden thread that gives alot of garden details, you should look it up. I'd harvest as soon as the plants are ready. Why wait?
Old 12-22-2008, 12:28 PM   #6
Gasp! I'm GREEN!
Gift Guru

lotusfairy is just really nicelotusfairy is just really nice

I used to try to keep my strawberry gardens on a tight schedule but I found that it is just too much extra work and lost KC trying to hold some back so others could catch up. No matter how much I worked at it, I could never get them to STAY on schedule so it was a never ending process. You will be much happier if you just go with the flow and harvest each as it becomes ready.
lotusfairy is offline Female
Old 12-22-2008, 12:56 PM   #7

Ritzcracker is stuck on replay
Ritzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replay

I think two days sounds right. It can be tricky keeping all your plants on the same schedule, but if you garden regularly, it can be done. Sometimes I'll get one or two plants that went off-cycle (I usually assume that I've missed raking one), but I just dig them up when the others are ready to be harvested.

I have a little harvesting hint: If you are harvesting, and click on two plants in a row without waiting for the message about your harvest yields to pop up, you can often harvest two plants at a time, which greatly cuts down on harvesting time. Try it a few times until you get the right time interval - sometimes it has to be quite quickly, sometimes there needs to be a slight pause in between clicks. My daughter discovered this recently. Occasionally she'll get 3 in a row, but I find that I can consistently get two.
Ritzcracker is offline Female
Old 12-22-2008, 01:11 PM   #8
Bubblegum6011
Gifted

Bekka_coady will become famous soon enough

Well, usually about three days, but if you want to harvest them all at the same time here's what you do. Instead of simply raking it everyday do this:

Rake all the ones that need raking. Walk out of the room and walk back in. (Just a glitch). Then water all the plants. It takes longer, but if you do this everyday all of your plants should harvest the same day, without having to wait for some to catch up.

I hope this helps you!

Bekka
Bekka_coady is offline Female
Closed