Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2009, 01:45 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

luvrockcandy2 will become famous soon enough

Default Answered: Missing Room Option

Regular Account
USA Time Zone
Minor Glitch

I have over 10 pets so I knew I would not receive another room when I bought my next pet. I activated two pets on the same day, a budgie and a Sea Otter. While I was able to purchase a treetop room for my budgie, I did not see an option to buy an underwater room for my Sea Otter. Are Sea Otters not underwater even though they are called Sea Otters and the item they come with (Cozy Coral Bed) can be placed underwater? Or is there just a glitch with my options? Thanks!
luvrockcandy2 is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by Mynoey
Actually, Ganz wasn't silly; they were accurate. Although the name is a little misleading, the Sea Otter is a marine mammal. It's an air breather. It can spend a lot of time underwater because part of it's evolution from a land creature was developing ears and nostrils that close when it dives.

I think it's a very cool pet. If I ever find one when I'm webbie shopping, it's one of my must buys.

Congrats on your new Sea Otter, Luvrockcany2! I hope you have lots of fun playing with him (or her).
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2009, 01:46 PM   #2
Gifted

hoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy day
hoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy day

Default Re: Missing Room Option

Sea Otters should be underwater, but unfortunately they aren't. My aunt has one and it isn't underwater. The bed just goes in a normal room.
hoodedwarbler13 is offline Male
Old 11-28-2009, 01:47 PM   #3

ButterflyFlower is not just visiting!ButterflyFlower is not just visiting!ButterflyFlower is not just visiting!ButterflyFlower is not just visiting!ButterflyFlower is not just visiting!ButterflyFlower is not just visiting!ButterflyFlower is not just visiting!ButterflyFlower is not just visiting!ButterflyFlower is not just visiting!ButterflyFlower is not just visiting!ButterflyFlower is not just visiting!

Donation Award 

Sea otters aren't underwater pets. Kind of makes no sense but that's how it is! Silly Ganz
ButterflyFlower is offline Female
Old 11-28-2009, 02:33 PM   #4
Gift Guru

Mynoey is sweet stuff
Mynoey is sweet stuffMynoey is sweet stuffMynoey is sweet stuffMynoey is sweet stuffMynoey is sweet stuffMynoey is sweet stuff

Actually, Ganz wasn't silly; they were accurate. Although the name is a little misleading, the Sea Otter is a marine mammal. It's an air breather. It can spend a lot of time underwater because part of it's evolution from a land creature was developing ears and nostrils that close when it dives.

I think it's a very cool pet. If I ever find one when I'm webbie shopping, it's one of my must buys.

Congrats on your new Sea Otter, Luvrockcany2! I hope you have lots of fun playing with him (or her).
Mynoey is offline Female
Old 11-28-2009, 02:57 PM   #5
ishing ....
Gift Guru

Ranger1985 has disabled reputation

First off: Welcome to WI, luvrockcandy2!!

As Mynoey has stated, Sea Otters are marine mammals and unlike other marine mammals (such as dolphins and whales), sea otters sometimes come ashore and are therefore part-time "landlubbers".

I have a Sea Otter Webbie and when I place him in my underwater room he gets the bubble over his head. As for its bed being able to go in an underwater room, it's been my experience that most (if not all) furniture that isn't Treetop or Outdoor can be placed in an underwater room (including fridges and stoves).

PS: Congrats on your two newest Webbies!

Last edited by Ranger1985; 11-28-2009 at 03:08 PM..
Ranger1985 is offline Female
Old 11-29-2009, 01:53 PM   #6

Ritzcracker is stuck on replay
Ritzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replay

Here's my biological note: They should have called it a River Otter, not a Sea Otter, as a Sea Otter has hind legs that look almost like a seal's or sea lion's, not two distinctly separate legs. And that would have also cleared up the confusion about whether it was an underwater pet or not.
Ritzcracker is offline Female
Old 11-29-2009, 01:54 PM   #7
Gifted

gottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of art
gottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of art

Nope, sea otters are not underwater pets. Weird, you would think they would be!
gottaluvjoe is offline Female
Closed