Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2009, 09:27 PM   #1
green =/= creative
Banned
x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!

Default Unanswered: Messy Hair Persian Cat

My plushie , Pookie, has really madded and frazzled fur.
When I got her, she was fluffy as can be!
How can I make her hair look better?
Don't tell me the washing machine, that won't help.
I've tried brushing,it just gets worse!
Disaster! Help!
x pookie x is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2009, 09:37 PM   #2
Webkinz :)

Strawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Re: Messy Hair Persian Cat

Ooh... messy hair, huh? That usually happens to my Yorkie. (Her hair goes ALL over the place and it gets tangled sometimes) But my persian cat doesn't have that problem, her hair is just kind of stiff What I do for my Yorkie, though, is take a DRYER SHEET and rub it over her and her hair sticks down. The dryer sheet tecnique ALWAYS works for me when it comes to messy hair! What the dryer sheet does is makes it less static all over. Hope I helped, good luck!
Old 01-02-2009, 09:38 PM   #3
Gift Guru

Texmass has a spectacular aura aboutTexmass has a spectacular aura about

Okay, try this-

Wet the hair a little and then blow dry it. It should poof the hair out again.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:40 PM   #4
hite n Fluffy Love!
Gift Guru

calabelle is a creator of wonder
calabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wonder

How cute, I have the too. I always have an outfit on her, try to have her dressed. and use a boar hair brush that will help smooth it out. I like the dryer sheet idea! Great tip!
calabelle is offline Female
Old 01-02-2009, 09:50 PM   #5
^^Look up^^

m00sep00p is a jewel in the roughm00sep00p is a jewel in the rough

First, I'd take a wet wash cloth and rub her with it...so that she's a little wet. Then blow-dry her lightly.
Second, if that doesn't work, put her in the dryer and do the selection "Air Fluff"
~m00sep00p
m00sep00p is offline Female
Old 01-02-2009, 11:35 PM   #6
aves to the
Gift Guru

koalakinzforever is a golden guidekoalakinzforever is a golden guidekoalakinzforever is a golden guidekoalakinzforever is a golden guidekoalakinzforever is a golden guidekoalakinzforever is a golden guidekoalakinzforever is a golden guidekoalakinzforever is a golden guidekoalakinzforever is a golden guidekoalakinzforever is a golden guidekoalakinzforever is a golden guidekoalakinzforever is a golden guidekoalakinzforever is a golden guide

Oh, that's not good. Maybe you should wet it a bit, and then brush it. That should help a little. Brushing dry, dry hair isn't the best idea. I could see how that would make it worse. Sooo, you should probably wet it first. If it's still dry, maybe you could use shampoo and conditioner, too. LOL who knows -- if it works for people, why not webbies? Well, I hope she turns out okay!!
koalakinzforever is offline Female
Old 01-02-2009, 11:45 PM   #7

Murphydog is cool as a bunny clownMurphydog is cool as a bunny clownMurphydog is cool as a bunny clownMurphydog is cool as a bunny clownMurphydog is cool as a bunny clownMurphydog is cool as a bunny clownMurphydog is cool as a bunny clownMurphydog is cool as a bunny clown

try taking a spray bottle and filling it with 5 parts water and 1 part conditioner. spray it gently on the fur then comb, follow by hair drying it.
Murphydog is offline Female
Old 01-02-2009, 11:47 PM   #8
Gifted

HorsingAround04 is the cats pajamas!HorsingAround04 is the cats pajamas!HorsingAround04 is the cats pajamas!HorsingAround04 is the cats pajamas!HorsingAround04 is the cats pajamas!HorsingAround04 is the cats pajamas!

I have the yorkie, and well I found it shedded, and the hair was all over my bed, so I don't really touch it much, but I use to brush it with a comb and it worked. Try just blow drying is with a comb and it should poof out!
HorsingAround04 is offline Female
Old 01-02-2009, 11:48 PM   #9
< 33
Banned
mouse4 has a reputation beyond reputemouse4 has a reputation beyond reputemouse4 has a reputation beyond reputemouse4 has a reputation beyond reputemouse4 has a reputation beyond reputemouse4 has a reputation beyond repute

My Persian had a problem too. [=
Too fix that, I use a small brush and gently, as to not pull her fur out, and brush her fur all in the same direction.
mouse4 is offline Female
Old 01-02-2009, 11:49 PM   #10
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by calabelle
How cute, I have the too. I always have an outfit on her, try to have her dressed. and use a boar hair brush that will help smooth it out. I like the dryer sheet idea! Great tip!
The dryer sheet puts a fine layer of 'oils' into the fur, making it manageable and less static-y. That is right Plus it smells nice. Failing the Boar hair brush (if you can't find one) a nail brush will be just as effective. I have had to do that on my Himalayan Keeping it dressed reduces the matting significantly. i hope you find all of these tips useful
Dixiecup is offline Female
Closed