Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2011, 07:38 PM   #1
RalGash
Webkinz :)

RalGash is a glorious beacon of lightRalGash is a glorious beacon of lightRalGash is a glorious beacon of light

Exclamation Answered: Mazin Hamsters Crash Issue

I am going through the computers in my household after a friend called complaining she has an issue with Mazin Hamsters.

What is happening is that the browsers freeze while loading, crashes while loading or crashes closing the browsers with it. Only one browser at a time is being used on each computer.

First computer I tried is a Dell Inspiron Mini Netbook running windows xp. Internet explorer, hamsters crash. Firefox, crash, google chrome, crash.

Second computer is a brand new HP laptop running windows 7. All browsers crashed while playing Mazin Hamsters.

Third computer is one that I built myself with the most current dual core processor, decided not to go with quad just yet as I don't need it. That computer is running windows xp corporate edition. Crash, crash and crash with Mazin Hamsters.

All computers are up to date. Ran Avira, Macafee and Malewarebytes as a precaution and found no virus.

My friends computers are all from her dad's work at IBM, her dad's a guy that designs the parts or something? so I doubt there's a problem there.

Is it perhaps a problem only affecting a few people or is it more widespread? Is there a fix other than updating as I did all that too? I also have the computers set up to automatically clear their cache either when the browser is closed or in some cases on the hour.

I just tried my brother's hp laptop which has a quad processor and windows 7. No Mazin Hamsters for me.

Last edited by RalGash; 02-21-2011 at 08:13 PM.. Reason: Another try
RalGash is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by dawnscott1
I can tell you that I have lots of issues with Mazin. You are not alone

First, we have 2 laptops, with the older laptop which is 1 year old is Toshiba. I had way too many problems on there and do not use it anymore for that. But when I was on that one I would only be able to use 1 program at a time and it was very frustrating. That was using IE. Using FF it would allow me to use IE for other things but not more on Firefox. Google Chrome did the same thing. I did not have problems with crashing on FF or GC like I did with IE.
Second, the new laptop is a Gateway I use IE and can have the hamsters up, and another WW open at the same time as well as using FF for WI and use others as well. I do not know what the difference is, but for some reason the brand new one has no problems. It is the speed of the computer what I have been told but still don't know all of the details.

The only time I have crashed out is if I open a Mazin and click on another open browser and do not wait for it to load all the way it will crash out.
I have never been able to close out of the Mazin without having to X out completely. If you just close out of WW by either the button or by going back to your newspaper it will automatically crash and close out all of your say IE's that are open. This has always been that way. I never have a problem with just X'ing out completely and reopening a new one. I keep one page open with the WW main screen on so as soon as I click X and shut it down I click log on and open a new one.

I would suggest using FireFox as it is the one I use and haven't had problems with. I haven't tried Google Chrome on this computer yet because I haven't had any problems with FF. But with the other computer GC is the only one that never had a problem.
I would uninstall and reinstall the Unity if you have not done so already.
I would click on the Mazin and stay on that page without any other browser open first to see if that will work.
You may have tried these already but that would be the only suggestions I can think of for now, that has worked for me.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2011, 07:43 PM   #2
ShootingStars•°˜”° ҉
Gifted

mickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a boss
mickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a boss

Default Re: Mazin Hamsters Crash Issue

Hmm..perhaps upload to the newest adobe flash player?
Best of luck to you and your friend!
mickey26 is offline Female
Old 02-21-2011, 08:13 PM   #3
Diabetes Awareness
Gift Guru

dawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Fame
dawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Fame

I can tell you that I have lots of issues with Mazin. You are not alone

First, we have 2 laptops, with the older laptop which is 1 year old is Toshiba. I had way too many problems on there and do not use it anymore for that. But when I was on that one I would only be able to use 1 program at a time and it was very frustrating. That was using IE. Using FF it would allow me to use IE for other things but not more on Firefox. Google Chrome did the same thing. I did not have problems with crashing on FF or GC like I did with IE.
Second, the new laptop is a Gateway I use IE and can have the hamsters up, and another WW open at the same time as well as using FF for WI and use others as well. I do not know what the difference is, but for some reason the brand new one has no problems. It is the speed of the computer what I have been told but still don't know all of the details.

The only time I have crashed out is if I open a Mazin and click on another open browser and do not wait for it to load all the way it will crash out.
I have never been able to close out of the Mazin without having to X out completely. If you just close out of WW by either the button or by going back to your newspaper it will automatically crash and close out all of your say IE's that are open. This has always been that way. I never have a problem with just X'ing out completely and reopening a new one. I keep one page open with the WW main screen on so as soon as I click X and shut it down I click log on and open a new one.

I would suggest using FireFox as it is the one I use and haven't had problems with. I haven't tried Google Chrome on this computer yet because I haven't had any problems with FF. But with the other computer GC is the only one that never had a problem.
I would uninstall and reinstall the Unity if you have not done so already.
I would click on the Mazin and stay on that page without any other browser open first to see if that will work.
You may have tried these already but that would be the only suggestions I can think of for now, that has worked for me.
dawnscott1 is offline Female
Old 02-21-2011, 09:33 PM   #4
RalGash
Webkinz :)

RalGash is a glorious beacon of lightRalGash is a glorious beacon of lightRalGash is a glorious beacon of light

Okay i tried the uninstall reinstall theory on the dual core hp machine running windows 7. So far working okay in IE.

This is a dead giveaway that there is a problem with Unity Web Player updating properly.
RalGash is offline Female
Old 02-21-2011, 09:48 PM   #5
ShootingStars•°˜”° ҉
Gifted

mickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a boss
mickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a boss

I'm not sure if these will help.
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...necing-674946/
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...rashes-659736/
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...msters-669692/
Good luck!
mickey26 is offline Female
Closed