Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2011, 04:12 PM   #1
Gifted

smallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roost

Red face Answered: Malware detected...THREAT! D:

I was on one of my threads and about to reply when a box popped up and said "Malware detected there is a threat"!!!! The only pages I had up her two tabs of WI and the log out page of Webkinz! I am not sure which one it was but Webkinz has never ever caused problems for my family..it has only been WI. So, I think it was WI!! What should I do? Why is this happening to me? WAS IT WI??? (Sorry for "yelling")

Please help!
smallmonkey
smallmonkey953 is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by ClaraZ25
These pop ups may actually be viruses themselves. The hackers and virus programmers are getting really crafty. I have Microsoft Security Essentials and I had a pop up come up and I thought it was legit until I noticed they spelled Essentials with only one s.

If you ever have one of these pop ups come up I would recommend hitting Ctrl+Alt+Del and closing your browser. DON'T CLICK ON THE POP UP.

I doubt it was related to WI although it might have been one of the ads.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2011, 04:28 PM   #2
Webkinz :)

copycat123 is the bees knees!copycat123 is the bees knees!copycat123 is the bees knees!copycat123 is the bees knees!copycat123 is the bees knees!copycat123 is the bees knees!copycat123 is the bees knees!

Default Re: Malware detected...THREAT! D:

It's not WI. Have you downloaded anything?

Make sure to use Webroot, or a similar program to check your computer for viruses.
copycat123 is offline Female
Old 03-21-2011, 05:14 PM   #3
Yipes bunnies

Lucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to all
Lucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to all

View Post Originally Posted by smallmonkey953
I was on one of my threads and about to reply when a box popped up and said "Malware detected there is a threat"!!!! The only pages I had up her two tabs of WI and the log out page of Webkinz! I am not sure which one it was but Webkinz has never ever caused problems for my family..it has only been WI. So, I think it was WI!! What should I do? Why is this happening to me? WAS IT WI??? (Sorry for "yelling")

Please help!
smallmonkey
looks like malware or virus is trying to get in by way of your browser. what version of Windows are you using.

Could be a legitimate message from your computers firewall or it may be the virus itself. if it tells you to get a virus protection program they are offering, it is definitely a virus. dont click on anything there. ((I did get a virus on WI once. check your computer for a file or program called Magoo, that is one of the newer viruses. use the SEARCH on your computer. good luck
Lucy Hippo is offline Female
Old 03-21-2011, 05:23 PM   #4
ebkinzgirl12

webkinzgirl12 is a jewel in the roughwebkinzgirl12 is a jewel in the rough

I have gotten many viruses from WI. EDIT, which is the main reason I stopped using webkinz for a year... get a virus protection program like Norton or McAfee (if you get McAfee, take it off the computer once the virus is cleared out - it blocks a lot of sites). I hope you get rid of it soon - I think I have a virus on mine, too :

Talk of bans is not allowed.

Last edited by Electrabuzz1; 03-21-2011 at 06:50 PM.. Reason: Removing comment.
webkinzgirl12 is offline Female
Old 03-21-2011, 05:27 PM   #5

brina1967 has a spectacular aura about

I had the almost same problem but it was Trojans. Avast anti virus says it came from the webkinz log out page. My guess would be that its all the outside ads they now have. Every since they put those on I have had nothing but problems with my computer. I am kinda mad because webkinz was the only site I could use that I didnt have to worry about that. So now what? I have way too much money tied up in webkinz to stop playing. But I cant see contaminating my computer just to play. Anyone else having this issue?
brina1967 is offline Female
Old 03-21-2011, 06:40 PM   #6
e are wacky!
Gift Guru

Dustbunny is in a reputation heavenDustbunny is in a reputation heavenDustbunny is in a reputation heavenDustbunny is in a reputation heavenDustbunny is in a reputation heaven
Dustbunny is in a reputation heavenDustbunny is in a reputation heavenDustbunny is in a reputation heavenDustbunny is in a reputation heavenDustbunny is in a reputation heavenDustbunny is in a reputation heavenDustbunny is in a reputation heavenDustbunny is in a reputation heaven

I had a message come up about 3-4 times today. But, my anti virus tells me I'm still okay. I only had Webkinz up. It came up after I logged off of Webkinz.
Dustbunny is offline Female
Old 03-21-2011, 06:41 PM   #7
zacspet defies all odds
zacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all odds

same here... but a moment before I downloaded a picture someone has posted .... I think it was that
zacspet is offline Male
Old 03-21-2011, 07:32 PM   #8
Call me Pat!
Gift Guru

ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell
ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell

These pop ups may actually be viruses themselves. The hackers and virus programmers are getting really crafty. I have Microsoft Security Essentials and I had a pop up come up and I thought it was legit until I noticed they spelled Essentials with only one s.

If you ever have one of these pop ups come up I would recommend hitting Ctrl+Alt+Del and closing your browser. DON'T CLICK ON THE POP UP.

I doubt it was related to WI although it might have been one of the ads.
ClaraZ25 is offline Male
Old 03-21-2011, 08:16 PM   #9
Babs1978

Babs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comrade
Babs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comrade

I had that happen to me some time ago, whoever it is sometimes attaches viruses to ads on legit sites. Like ClaraZ25 says, do not click on it and close browser immediately. I have Malwarebytes Ant-Malware on my system, if you should think the virus maybe on your system, you may want to check this software out.
Babs is offline Female
Closed