Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2012, 02:22 PM   #1
!
Webkinz :)

meeshelyse is a forum hero
meeshelyse is a forum heromeeshelyse is a forum heromeeshelyse is a forum heromeeshelyse is a forum heromeeshelyse is a forum heromeeshelyse is a forum heromeeshelyse is a forum heromeeshelyse is a forum heromeeshelyse is a forum heromeeshelyse is a forum heromeeshelyse is a forum heromeeshelyse is a forum heromeeshelyse is a forum hero

Angry Unanswered: Makes me sad..

To see so many WI's saying they're going to stop buying Ganz items all together in light of recent glitches

I just think that a lot of people don't understand why the glitches (at least the cache/cookie related ones, I'm not letting Ganz off the hook for everything) occur. Webkinz World is browser-based. That means everything is online, and everyone knows how fickle the internet can be. Issues like this for web-based platforms have been around for ages. Any time I complain about this-or-that in WW, my fiance will chime in with some memory of WOW giltches when it was still browser-based, and how many people would threaten to stop playing as a result. As I'm sure a lot of you are aware, that didn't stop WOW, and eventually they got big enough to offer a downloadable platform.

As I see it, switching to this format (being able to download and launch WW from our desktops rather than a browser window) is the only way Ganz would be able to eliminate the need for us to constantly clear our caches/cookies. Unfortuantely, I don't think they have the resources to do this.

I feel like a lot of people think the cookies only from Webkinz are the ones effecting game play and that's why we need to clear them out, when really, you're clearing out everything you've done online, and it's those cookies from other websites you visit that interfere with WW.

This is why there's nothing Ganz can do (in these cases) but tell us to clear our cache/cookies, because everyone's computers all store different cookies from the different websites we all visit; Ganz has no control over this.

I really hope someone out there thinking of giving up see's this and it changes their mind. I know it can get extremely irritating to feel like you have to be your own IT guy, but I also know when the glitches pass and Ganz releases a new image of the next great pet, everyone jumps back on board. It's easy to let your frustrations take over in the moment, and that's why it's good we all have WI to turn to, for the support of others feeling the same. But I also think when people take the fact that this is a good place to vent for granted, and try to rally others to stop buying Ganz products, it becomes less of a friendly and helpful environment and something more sad.

Am I the only one not upset enough to leave? Does anyone else remember the joy WW can bring?

UPDATE: Thank you all for the amazing responses!! It was upsetting to see soo many want to give up, despite all the wonderful help WI offers! But I'm glad you all proved there's still happiness to be had from Webkinz, you've made my heart so happy! Thanks again!!
Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by meeshelyse; 03-07-2012 at 02:37 PM..
meeshelyse is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2012, 02:50 PM   #2
ebkinz made me a

dogluver12 flows towards the sea of knowledgedogluver12 flows towards the sea of knowledgedogluver12 flows towards the sea of knowledgedogluver12 flows towards the sea of knowledgedogluver12 flows towards the sea of knowledgedogluver12 flows towards the sea of knowledgedogluver12 flows towards the sea of knowledgedogluver12 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Re: Makes me sad..

I personally would never leave Webkinz World. I couldn't leave all of my little freinds. Webkinz World gets on my nerves sometimes but not enough to quit. I know most of my friends couldn't stand all the glitches so they quit Webkinz World. I tell them that theyare missing things but they don't want to hear it. They have their minds set on leaving Webkinz World. It's sad to see them go...
dogluver12 is offline Female
Old 03-05-2012, 05:04 PM   #3
spoiledjulie has a spectacular aura about

I love my webkinz but coming from an IT and software developing family who's members work for bigger co's I know that people would loose their jobs if stuff like this happened. The people are just incompetent in my opinion. It drives my family nuts when they see all the glitches I put up with. I'm not giving up on my webkinz I just don't think that they care enough about their members to fix things in a timely manner. I do notice they have the time to keep coming up with estore items for us to buy and no kinzcash items. I'm not going to continue to ramble on but I could.
spoiledjulie is offline Female
Old 03-05-2012, 09:48 PM   #4

dragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuff
dragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuff

I realize that most of the glitches are not Ganz' fault, but spoiledjulie does have a point. Ganz does seem to be focusing more on making new eStore items and new pets (most of which I don't like) than fixing their glitches. I think Ganz should spend more time on glitches and less time on creating new features, because every new feature they've added recently seems to be glitched in some way, which takes some of the fun and excitement Ganz intends us to have away and replaces it with annoyance and frustration as we try to use these great new features but can't since they're so glitched.

By the way, even after saying all this, I could never leave my Webkinz.
dragonkid07 is offline Female
Old 03-06-2012, 06:10 PM   #5

babymuggy is the cats pajamas!babymuggy is the cats pajamas!babymuggy is the cats pajamas!babymuggy is the cats pajamas!babymuggy is the cats pajamas!babymuggy is the cats pajamas!

I could never leave Webkinz world, The glitches are part of the fun
Ganz seems to like me spending hours and hours figuring things out..........and OH! the satisfaction when I finally work it! ( still don't get it sometimes )
I come from the league of old school gamers, I would actually make glitches happen because they were SO funny It is just a game after all
I am not a computer whiz and I don't know the inner workings but I know that nothing works perfectly all the time, but I am pretty sure if they wanted it fixed it would be fixed

I can certainly boycott the movies that Ganz is promoting. I did not see HOP, Smurfs, Judy Moody or any of them, we are not included in Canada so they don't get my money, EVER.

I have been on Webkinz long enough to see things have gone downhill with all the ads and running around to different sites so we can win, win, win, ( parents club, twitter, webkinz newz ) I feel like the chickens in the Scrambled game, but it is all free stuff and there is always something for us to do, ( too much some times lol ) & compared with other sites, Webkinz is really quite affordable. I dont have to buy everything ( bye,bye, impossible dream )
we have ALOT of fun and spending this time with my kids is priceless
Thanks to WI, we can do it in style

Last edited by babymuggy; 03-06-2012 at 06:13 PM..
babymuggy is offline Female
Old 03-06-2012, 07:55 PM   #6
Autism Awareness

fishypuffy123 wows us all with wonderfishypuffy123 wows us all with wonderfishypuffy123 wows us all with wonderfishypuffy123 wows us all with wonderfishypuffy123 wows us all with wonderfishypuffy123 wows us all with wonderfishypuffy123 wows us all with wonderfishypuffy123 wows us all with wonderfishypuffy123 wows us all with wonderfishypuffy123 wows us all with wonder

Don't worry, of course not. there are plenty whom will stick up to Webkinz World and help support them. Some just quit out of irritation but the majority love webkinz world! I would not leave until I get way too old for it or I have too much work and am forced to. Your not the only one!

Keep supporting Webkinz World!

Good luck!
fishypuffy123 is offline Female
Old 03-06-2012, 07:57 PM   #7
T9850

T9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a hero
T9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a hero

There's an advantage to this. If Ganz sees that so many people went on strike, they'll likely consider fixing as much of the bugs as they can.
T9850 is offline Male
Old 03-06-2012, 07:57 PM   #8
ebkinz A.my

AnotherKinzDad is stuck on replay
AnotherKinzDad is stuck on replayAnotherKinzDad is stuck on replayAnotherKinzDad is stuck on replayAnotherKinzDad is stuck on replayAnotherKinzDad is stuck on replayAnotherKinzDad is stuck on replayAnotherKinzDad is stuck on replayAnotherKinzDad is stuck on replay

Maybe the reason there are SO many eStore items is that they are raising capital to take WW to a downloadable game! Wouldn't that rock our worlds?!? You bet!
AKD
Old 03-06-2012, 08:00 PM   #9
I have a Record!
Gifted

webkinzgangz knows no boundswebkinzgangz knows no bounds
webkinzgangz knows no boundswebkinzgangz knows no boundswebkinzgangz knows no boundswebkinzgangz knows no boundswebkinzgangz knows no boundswebkinzgangz knows no bounds

I agree! Even major glitches wouldn't let me walk away from Webkinz! I also don't understand how little things will make people leave...
webkinzgangz is offline Female
Old 03-06-2012, 08:09 PM   #10
rchurch14 is a jewel in the roughrchurch14 is a jewel in the rough

I would never leave webkinz world ever i love it and enjoy everything even the glitchs dont stop me. I hope they can fix the glitches and again i love webkinz and everything .
Closed

Tags
think outside the [box]