Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2008, 12:10 AM   #1
Gift Trainee

KittyFanatic is a jewel in the roughKittyFanatic is a jewel in the rough

Default Unanswered: Make sure your Flash player is up to date

For those who don't have their systems set up automatically update,
Adobe sent out a new update to the Flash player Sat evening....

Most of WW runs on Flash, so you do need it to run properly...
you can get the latest version and/or update for free here:
http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/downl...ShockwaveFlash

Hope that might help someone still having problems!
KittyFanatic is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2008, 06:54 AM   #2
sasuke is a
Webkinz :)

sasuke243 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Make sure your Flash player is up to date

thanks i will try that and see if it helps rep for you
sasuke243 is offline Male
Old 10-29-2008, 12:27 PM   #3
Gift Trainee

aces1820 is on a distinguished road

I am having the opposite problem! Ever since I installed the update, I have not been able to get into Webkinz World or other sites that require Flash. I have probably gone through the update process 3 or 4 times now, but the sites still tell me "you need Flash player to use this site, download here"
Old 10-29-2008, 01:19 PM   #4

a3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to behold

I have found that after the update I had to go to "program files" and run it Then do a complete system cleanup. starting with the clearing of cache,cookies,history... on IE & mozilla, then had to disconnect from internet, then did anti-spy & anti-virus cleanup then hard drive clean up then shut down & restart. I have not had 1 problem since Everything works great and much faster. However, IE is always slow- it is good for gardening (mozilla skips plants) then I use mozilla for everything else. Why yesterday I got to actually play 2 games in the tournament arena before the kinz phone shut off. I can't check the games winners list. So try it. It just takes a little time, be patient everything in WW still loads slow. Oh & I found that if you don't turn on the kinzphone It lets rooms games ... load faster. I hope this helps you as well as it helped me.
a3doglife is offline Female
Old 10-29-2008, 01:25 PM   #5
jc009 is an unknown quantity at this point

I could not get on WW because of the new Flashplayer update, so I just went into my computer and reinstalled it the way it was on Friday before they sent out the update, and it's been working just fine ever since! My computer person told me that it was not a good idea to install updates on your computer because when it's bought, it is sent with the best settings for the computer and that updates do not always work well on your computer because it might not be the right size, speed, etc. I got my computer for Christmas last year and then about two months later I received an update, I clicked on it and then I couldn't even get my computer to turn on! That's when my mom had to take it in for service and that's what the computer tech told us: Better to not do updates! Hope this helps! Happy Halloween!! Jason
Old 10-29-2008, 03:49 PM   #6
2in2Webkinz is an unknown quantity at this point

There is a banner in the "Bulletinz" section of webkinz.com advising NOT to upgrade to the latest Flash player. Apparently there is a conflict between the site and the program.
2in2Webkinz is offline Female
Old 10-29-2008, 03:51 PM   #7
beachbabiixox is an unknown quantity at this point

webkinz world worked earlier but not now
beachbabiixox is offline Female
Old 10-30-2008, 02:00 AM   #8
Gift Trainee

aces1820 is on a distinguished road

As a follow-up. I was able to finally get in. Where I was stuck was the very first screen, the Log In button had been replaced by the Download Flash prompt. Since I could not find a way to revert to Flash 9 (my mom plays computer games on this laptop and would be mad if I erased 3 nights of progress with a system restore), I instead found an uninstall tool and completely took off Flash 10 from the computer and possibly any remaining files from previous versions (couldn't tell). Then I went back to WW and clicked the link that told me to update Flash. When I installed Flash 10 for the 5th time overall, I noticed that I was finally able to see the "movie" it tells you to look for and not just the text that says it is installed.
Lastly, I rebooted the laptop just for good measure, and when I went back to WW, all was right again! I wasn't concerned for me, but my little brother adopted his first Webkinz this year and was so excited for Halloween that I hated the thought of him not being able to get in on Halloween.

So if you're having trouble still: find the uninstall tool on Adobe's website and use it, reinstall Flash 10 (this will be your only option, they don't offer previous versions), and reboot the computer. Hope it works for you.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:04 AM   #9

a3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to behold

Thumbs up Re: Make sure your Flash player is up to date

View Post Originally Posted by aces1820
As a follow-up. I was able to finally get in. Where I was stuck was the very first screen, the Log In button had been replaced by the Download Flash prompt. Since I could not find a way to revert to Flash 9 (my mom plays computer games on this laptop and would be mad if I erased 3 nights of progress with a system restore), I instead found an uninstall tool and completely took off Flash 10 from the computer and possibly any remaining files from previous versions (couldn't tell). Then I went back to WW and clicked the link that told me to update Flash. When I installed Flash 10 for the 5th time overall, I noticed that I was finally able to see the "movie" it tells you to look for and not just the text that says it is installed.
Lastly, I rebooted the laptop just for good measure, and when I went back to WW, all was right again! I wasn't concerned for me, but my little brother adopted his first Webkinz this year and was so excited for Halloween that I hated the thought of him not being able to get in on Halloween.

So if you're having trouble still: find the uninstall tool on Adobe's website and use it, reinstall Flash 10 (this will be your only option, they don't offer previous versions), and reboot the computer. Hope it works for you.

My daughter had to do this - completely uninstall the old flash player and then re-install the new one, and restart computer, She said it worked great for her . Thankyou !
a3doglife is offline Female
Old 10-30-2008, 09:35 AM   #10
$@Nta = Stalker

MotherKinz101 is a glorious beacon of lightMotherKinz101 is a glorious beacon of lightMotherKinz101 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the link. I think I'll be keeping the one I have now though. When ever I update it seems to ruin my Music Box systems and slow down my computer. Rep for the thread anyways.
MotherKinz101 is offline Female
Closed