Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2008, 09:52 PM   #1
Webkinz :)
RMan32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Unanswered: Major problem!!

I see that Ganz fixed the problems with all of our webkinz gardens today. All of our crops were all ready to be harvested, so we harvested them all. I harvested 1400 strawberries, and when I went to the W shop to sell them, flash player locks up and displays a script error, I am unable to do anything further with my account my computer locks up and Im pretty much outta ideas here. I know that Ganz was trying to fix what they broke I can only hope that they can fix my account, there is nothing me and my wife can do as of right now, I have an adoption in limbo as well. Is there anyone else that is experiencing this same problem, and if so, is there anything me and my wife can do, we both have several rare items and resetting our accounts would be a terrible thing. We were totally unaware of any problems that would result in obtaining too many items in our docks. Rman
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2008, 10:21 PM   #2
FLAVOR FLAV!

Elise Riggs will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Major problem!!

I don't think it's a dock issue. I harvested about 500 strawberries today and sold them all to the w with no problem. After harvesting I had over 800 items in my dock. I usally have about 300 items in there at any given time.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:52 PM   #3

Well, problem solved, for one, 500 items in the dock is not an issue, it seems that when you have 1500 items in your dock that things become a problem. I received the flash player script error 5 times and all 5 times I clicked the NO button, it finally let me into the Wshop, I sold 1100 strawberries, logged out, logged back in, got items from storage and found no problems, LESSON LEARNED HERE, NEVER HAVE MORE THAN 800 ITEMS IN the DOCK at ANY time! I have never had this issue, since I harvest every day, 10 gardens 10 harvests, but today I harvested all 10, big problem. Took me an hour to sell 1000 berries, lagged real bad up until 800. Hope this helps, if anyone has this problem, it is not Ganz, its the amount of data in the flash script, keep items in dock to a minimum, and no one should ever have this problem again! RMan
Old 03-24-2008, 10:56 PM   #4
PhotoFan

PhotoFan is an unknown quantity at this point

RMAN32, I always harvest about 100 items and sell them, harvest 100 more then sell, et cetera. Wasn't it cool to see all the gardens ready to be harvested at once! The problem was a pain, and I loved how the blamed it on the nafarious Nafaria, but what a cool way to fix things! Sorry you had to learn the hard way, though!
Old 03-24-2008, 11:14 PM   #5
40jeff

Uni the Unicorn is an unknown quantity at this point

View Post Originally Posted by PhotoFan
RMAN32, I always harvest about 100 items and sell them, harvest 100 more then sell, et cetera. Wasn't it cool to see all the gardens ready to be harvested at once! The problem was a pain, and I loved how the blamed it on the nafarious Nafaria, but what a cool way to fix things! Sorry you had to learn the hard way, though!

Photo fan,

Do you have a web site that shows your pictures? I love your avatar, and would love to see more.

Thanks
Old 03-24-2008, 11:23 PM   #6
Im an owl

Ooddlepop64 is an unknown quantity at this point

That happened to me once i had to get rid of my harvests
Old 03-25-2008, 07:59 AM   #7
Gifted

Plainlyme will become famous soon enough

So glad to hear that you solved your problem and were able to harvest. I have experienced the same problem before, but mine happened before I started a garden. However, does seem to have something to do with the amount of data since I was trying to load a room, etc and before I added extra memory to my computer.
I agree that they came up with a nice solution to just have all gardens ready to harvest. However, I still don't think that 4 hours on Easter morning was the appropriate time to fix this.
I wonder when they were fixing this glitch if we will now be required to water every day, since there has been many posts on here and other sites about the fact that the plants grow just fine without watering? Hope not, but we shall see.
Take care,

Pandamonium and Plainlyme
Old 03-25-2008, 09:15 AM   #8

Okay the truth about flash player, It really doesn't matter how much ram you have installed on your computer, I have 2 gig set at 4-5-5-6 600, and when my system locked up from the script error, my commit charge after changing memory handling parameters still showed a very low commit charge. About 2% usage, however my CPU commit charge was 100% the whole time it was frozen. The problem is the amount of data stored in cache around the script itself, its like writing a program in C++, the more lines of code that is written for the file to execute, the longer the processing time it will take to compute the values. Thats the reason the CPU commit charge was 100%, and memory commit charges were minimal, only spiking at the very start of the script, maybe to act as a buffer cache for the CPU to process the raw data. Just be sure to keep the item counts as low as possible in the dock, not the rooms so much but the dock, because the dock runs constantly while your logged into WW. The rooms reload, buffer then dump after you leave. Ganz keeps the data for rooms in check so we don't have to. Rman
Old 03-25-2008, 01:22 PM   #9
40jeff

Uni the Unicorn is an unknown quantity at this point

WOW!

Yeah, what he just said.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:02 PM   #10

deuxeve is on a distinguished road

Thank you RMan, I had posted a question about this same situation and then I found this, the title didn't explain what the big problem was, so I didn't check in here. Thank you again, it took me about 3 hours to sell all of my plants! and half an hour just to get into the wshop. But at least now I can do things now.
Closed