Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   Somebody Help! (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/somebody-help-165/)
-   -   major help needed. (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/somebody-help-165/major-help-needed-610846/)

webkinzpatrol03-25-2010 11:00 PM

major help needed.

ok guys. i am new and so far, i'm struggling majorly and need major help. all of my threads have been closed. and almost all of my best forms have been DELETED. my webkinz safety patrol thread was deleted because not allowed. my mean german shepard thread was deleted because not appropiate for :wi: or webkinz. which i was just wanring everyone about. and my fourms have been closed without warning or requested. what am i doing wrong. how many times can this happen to have your account banned?

Toothache03-25-2010 11:31 PM

Re: major help needed.

Hi Webkinzpatrol. I recommend checking all the rules & guidelines of WI before posting, but I'll still help.

1. Was this reposted information (has WI all ready posted it on the front page or in the WIki)? Did someone else all ready make a thread like that?

2. Did it use inappropriate or derogatory language (a little too old for young kids or a little too hate filled)?

3. Was it in the wrong section? Most of the time they move them but sometimes they get deleted.

And getting banned doesn't depend on how many posts or threads get deleted, it depends if you do something REALLY REALLY bad. Nothing you did sounds nearly bad enough :-)

webkinzpatrol03-25-2010 11:41 PM

hi, thanks for posting. i don't believe it was posted. i made it up and its copyrighted. i would never in a millions years say bad language or stuff. it wasn't hate filled. it was definatly in the right section. again thanks

dotdotduck03-25-2010 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by webkinzpatrol (Post 18810037)
hi, thanks for posting. i don't believe it was posted. i made it up and its copyrighted. i would never in a millions years say bad language or stuff. it wasn't hate filled. it was definatly in the right section. again thanks

Its possible that there's already another thread that's very similar... They delete threads like that, then...

samoyeds4303-26-2010 05:28 AM

Perhaps you should take extra time before you post a thread. Ask youself what the purpose of it is. Take the Webkinz Patrol one. I don't know the details about it, but it sounds like people going around in the clubhouse and reporting others for bad behavior, maybe even letting the people of WI know. That would be the purpose. Ask yourself, "Does this sound like something that's allowed?" In this case, it probably wasn't, because it's not WI's job to act like the "police" for Webkinz. Reporting should be done when you feel someone's really done something wrong in WW, and it should be done independently. Also, people who work for Ganz DO browse WI (some may even be members here ;)), and there's a good chance they could see your thread. It could lead to trouble if they find out you have a group of people going around like that...little "patrol" groups like that can easily spiral into people reporting

Here's a BIG tip. Whenever your thread gets deleted, see which moderators/administrators are monitoring that section of the forum (you can see that by scrolling down and look for the names on the bottom right in red or blue), and send them a PM to ask why exactly your thread was deleted. This will let you know what you were doing wrong. ;)

Julia-Gulia03-26-2010 06:27 AM

Before you post threads, make sure you check the WI rules once again. :) That way you can make sure you're threads will stay up as long as they can. When people don't post on them in a few weeks, they close. So maybe that's one of the problems. :)

Desty03-26-2010 07:12 AM

It might help to read through some of the threads in each section, just to get an idea of what that section is all about. Look at some of the threads that have a lot of posts. Those are 'successful' threads, and might be a good example. Try not to post random thoughts, or threads that might cause an argument. (Those get deleted) Try to avoid threads that are too similar to other threads. Duplicate threads get deleted. There have been other threads in the past about making 'police' groups in WW, and those get closed. It's not our job here at WI to do that. Read the Rules and FAQ at the top of the page, under the banner. That helps a lot. If you have more questions, you can ask in the 'Somebody Help' section, or I'd be happy to help you. Just click on my avatar and post on my profile. :) Don't worry, you'll get the hang of it.

millie1237895603-26-2010 07:12 AM

Make sure you read the rules. Could you just read them once more? That way you will know what is aloud in the forum and what isn't. Your threads were probably deleted because they were against the rules. Maybe you contained something that wasn't appropriate for WI. Maybe just ask if you can open it again without containing things that are/may be against the rules.

whiteterrierlover4303-26-2010 07:26 AM

I would send the mod of that section a PM,
asking about it.
they'd probably know more than us. (:

Desty03-26-2010 07:26 AM

I was reading through a couple of your threads that were closed, and it looks like they were closed because you had asked a question, and people had answered it. Once that runs its course, the thread is sort of 'done'. There would be no need to keep it open, because you got your answer. :)