Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2010, 01:23 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

Bloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum master
Bloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum master

Default Answered: Mac uploading help needed

Can anyone show me how to upload a picture using Mac Snow Leopard? I looked at the
long guide in the Forum Guide section, but I couldn't understand it. I tried the directions for Mac on the thread by lol6308 and got as far as uploading my picture to imageshack.us, but then my screen stopped matching the directions. For the fourth step I was supposed to find two web addresses in yellow boxes, but I didn't see them. Does the screen change depending on the Mac OS?

The FAQ on imageshack didn't help me because I don't understand any of the terminology.
Bloo's Pal is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by Galfam
I think you are better off using Tinypic.

1). Go to TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

2). Either go to--

2a). Don't do anything, just click on "Choose File"
2b). Go down to "File Type" and Click on "URL".

3a). (If you chose 2a,) Find the image on your Computer.
3b). (If you chose 2b,) Paste the URL of the image into the box.

4). Click "Upload Now".

5). Find the "IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards" Box.

6). Copy the code (⌘ + C) or (Edit, Copy)

7). Paste the copied code (⌘ + V) or (Edit, Paste) into the Quick Reply Box or the Go Advanced Box on the WI Forum.

That any better?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2010, 02:39 PM   #2
COWS4YOU

COWS4YOU has disabled reputation

Default Re: Mac uploading help needed

Can you add a picture as an attachment? (this bypasses the imageshack.us: I will on occasion use tinypic)

modify
advanced modify
manage attachments

See if this thread helps any, I am a mac user myself
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...nsider-609246/
Old 04-10-2010, 07:29 PM   #3
ツ JenKittyCat

cocoabean has disabled reputation

Donation Award 

opened for you
cocoabean is offline Female
Old 04-10-2010, 07:38 PM   #4

Bloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum master
Bloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum master

View Post Originally Posted by cocoabean
opened for you
Thank you.

View Post Originally Posted by COWS4YOU
Can you add a picture as an attachment? (this bypasses the imageshack.us: I will on occasion use tinypic)

modify
advanced modify
manage attachments

See if this thread helps any, I am a mac user myself
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...nsider-609246/
Thanks for responding. Sorry I didn't answer earlier. I had time to read your post quickly--just long enough to see how hopeless I am --but not long enough to ask all the further questions I have to ask! I thought my problem was with technical language, but I see that I don't even understand plain English when it comes to computers!

I don't know if I can add a picture as an attachment. I know how to do it in an E-mail, but not on a forum post.

Where do I find modify, advanced modify, and manage attachments? (I assume that's a way to attach a picture.) Are these steps in Tinypic?

I went to the thread you recommended and wanted to try the method MeWuvKitties said was easy, but I don't know where to find the URL for the image.

HELP! Can you pretend that I am a kindergartner (or maybe preschooler would be better ) and explain step by step, with pictures and words of one syllable?

The good news is that I do know how to take a screen shot.

Last edited by Bloo's Pal; 04-10-2010 at 07:38 PM..
Old 04-10-2010, 07:54 PM   #5
Too-Wit Too-Woo
Gift Guru

jazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by Bloo's Pal
Thank you.

Thanks for responding. Sorry I didn't answer earlier. I had time to read your post quickly--just long enough to see how hopeless I am --but not long enough to ask all the further questions I have to ask! I thought my problem was with technical language, but I see that I don't even understand plain English when it comes to computers!

I don't know if I can add a picture as an attachment. I know how to do it in an E-mail, but not on a forum post.

Where do I find modify, advanced modify, and manage attachments? (I assume that's a way to attach a picture.) Are these steps in Tinypic?

I went to the thread you recommended and wanted to try the method MeWuvKitties said was easy, but I don't know where to find the URL for the image.

HELP! Can you pretend that I am a kindergartner (or maybe preschooler would be better ) and explain step by step, with pictures and words of one syllable?

The good news is that I do know how to take a screen shot.

Hi Bloo! I'm a mac user, and am pretty comfortable on it, and am use to helping friends through step by step instructions - VM or PM me, and I'll help you get a picture up, ok? Once you've got it down the first few times, it's easy!
jazzinmarch is offline Female
Old 04-10-2010, 07:56 PM   #6
Gift Guru

Galfam has disabled reputation

2). Either go to--

4). Click "Upload Now".

7). Paste the copied code (⌘ + V) or (Edit, Paste) into the Quick Reply Box or the Go Advanced Box on the WI Forum.

That any better?
Galfam is offline Male
Old 04-10-2010, 09:31 PM   #7

View Post Originally Posted by Galfam

2). Either go to--

4). Click "Upload Now".

That any better?
I think so. I'll try uploading the T-shirt I was hoping to enter in the now long-past T-shirt Contest:

Click the image to open in full size.

View Post Originally Posted by Bloo's Pal
I think so. I'll try uploading the T-shirt I was hoping to enter in the now long-past T-shirt Contest:

Click the image to open in full size.
It worked! Thank you, thank you!

I used Method A. Are the two methods interchangeable? If I used Method B, where would I find the URL (and what is it)?

View Post Originally Posted by jazzinmarch
Hi Bloo! I'm a mac user, and am pretty comfortable on it, and am use to helping friends through step by step instructions - VM or PM me, and I'll help you get a picture up, ok? Once you've got it down the first few times, it's easy!
Thanks so much for your kind offer. Before taking you up on it, I tried Galfam's directions and actually succeeded in posting an image. But you might be hearing from me if I have any more Apple questions.

Last edited by Bloo's Pal; 04-10-2010 at 09:31 PM..
Closed