Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2009, 06:58 AM   #1
luckiestmom
Webkinz :)

mkivvy is headed for the top!mkivvy is headed for the top!mkivvy is headed for the top!mkivvy is headed for the top!mkivvy is headed for the top!mkivvy is headed for the top!mkivvy is headed for the top!mkivvy is headed for the top!mkivvy is headed for the top!mkivvy is headed for the top!mkivvy is headed for the top!mkivvy is headed for the top!

Default Answered: Login screen

Ever since the server upgrade maintenance earlier this week, I can't get to the WW login screen from the WW home page. I've been going to the Parents Area and having no trouble accessing the login screen from there. Since I can still get in, it's not a big deal to me. However, I'm curious -- has anyone else had this issue?

(Also, I thought it might be worth mentioning this alternate path to access WW in case others aren't aware of it.)

Thanks!
mkivvy is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by msclockart
I have had this happen to me, and clearing your cache is definitely the way to go. Here are Ganz's instructions for clearing your cache:

Quote:
If you have been told to clear your cache files and do not know how to do it, please look below to find your browser and then follow the instructions about how to clear your cache files. Please note: Dial-up users SHOULD NOT attempt to clear their cache as it may create complications when trying to log back into Webkinz World.
AOL:
  • From the 'My AOL' menu, on the AOL toolbar, Click 'Preferences', then Click 'WWW'
  • Look for the 'Temporary Internet Files'
  • Click 'Delete Files', and then click 'OK'

Internet Explorer 6:
  • At the top in the pull-down menus (File, Edit, Tools etc.), click Tools, then 'Internet Options'
  • This brings up a dialog with 6 tabs across the top (General, Security, Content...)
  • Click 'General; then look for 'Temporary Internet Files'
  • Click Delete Cookies. Then click 'OK'.
  • Click 'Delete Files', then (if it appears, check off 'Delete all offline content', then click 'OK'
  • Click 'OK' again and this should clear all cached pages

Internet Explorer 7:
  • From the Tools menu, select Internet Options
  • Choose the General tab
  • Under Browsing history, click Delete
  • Next to "Temporary Internet Files", click Delete files
  • Click Close, and then click OK to exit.

Netscape:
  • Up top in the pull-down menus (File, Edit, etc.), click Edit, then 'Preferences'
  • Find 'Advanced'. Click the sign in front of the word, 'advanced'
  • You'll see 'Cache, Proxies, etc...'
  • Click 'Cache'
  • On the right you'll see buttons labeled 'Clear Memory Cache,' and 'Clear Disk Cache'
  • First, click 'Clear Memory Cache'. When the “?” dialog appears click 'OK'
  • Click 'Clear Disk Cache', when the “?” dialog appears, click 'OK'.
  • Click 'OK' again to close the Cache Dialog box.
  • This will clear all old info from your browser and the error should be finished.

Firefox:
  • Click Tools and select Options
  • Click the Privacy icon
  • Click Clear Now in the Private Data area
  • Click OK
  • Exit and re-launch the browser.

Clearing Cache on Safari 1.0 / Safari 2.0 for Macintosh OS X:
  • From the Safari menu click on ‘empty cache’
  • When asked if you want to empty the cache? Click on empty
  • Once that's done, from the safari menu click on "preferences"
  • From the Security dialog box, select "bookmarks"
  • Click on "Show Cookies"
  • A list will show up with all the cookies left on the computer.
  • Select "Remove all"
  • Once they are removed, Click "Done"
  • Close down Safari to get back to your desktop
  • Re-launch Safari and log back into Webkinz.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2009, 07:01 AM   #2

Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!

Default Re: Login screen

Hi there, Hmm... that's really weird. This isn't been happening to me. One thing that really helps me is type in "webkinz login" on the internet search and try to find the place that says Log in to webkinz. click it and it is a big screen. Sometimes it helps me get it. If not, try to contact ganz and I am sure they will fix this.

Last edited by Dudeness; 07-08-2009 at 07:19 AM..
Dudeness is offline Female
Old 07-08-2009, 07:02 AM   #3
Anti Twilight.

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

I don't have this issue,but at the bottom of the page theirs these little buttons that say 'Login' and 'Register'. Try clicking Login from there. If that doesn't work,contact Ganz. Hope I helped!
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Old 07-08-2009, 07:19 AM   #4
I Love My

Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!

Hmm that's strange. I haven't experienced that problem yet.
Try clearing your cache and restarting your internet browser,
that should solve the issue. If the problem still persists, I would
try contacting Ganz or even your computer provider
to see if they can help solve the problem. Good luck!

- Midnights Bliss
Midnights Bliss is offline Female
Old 07-08-2009, 07:30 AM   #5
My mama says I'm
Gifted

msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!

Donation Award 

I have had this happen to me, and clearing your cache is definitely the way to go. Here are Ganz's instructions for clearing your cache:

Quote:
If you have been told to clear your cache files and do not know how to do it, please look below to find your browser and then follow the instructions about how to clear your cache files. Please note: Dial-up users SHOULD NOT attempt to clear their cache as it may create complications when trying to log back into Webkinz World.
AOL:
  • From the 'My AOL' menu, on the AOL toolbar, Click 'Preferences', then Click 'WWW'
  • Look for the 'Temporary Internet Files'
  • Click 'Delete Files', and then click 'OK'

Internet Explorer 6:
  • At the top in the pull-down menus (File, Edit, Tools etc.), click Tools, then 'Internet Options'
  • This brings up a dialog with 6 tabs across the top (General, Security, Content...)
  • Click 'General; then look for 'Temporary Internet Files'
  • Click Delete Cookies. Then click 'OK'.
  • Click 'Delete Files', then (if it appears, check off 'Delete all offline content', then click 'OK'
  • Click 'OK' again and this should clear all cached pages

Internet Explorer 7:
  • From the Tools menu, select Internet Options
  • Choose the General tab
  • Under Browsing history, click Delete
  • Next to "Temporary Internet Files", click Delete files
  • Click Close, and then click OK to exit.

Netscape:
  • Up top in the pull-down menus (File, Edit, etc.), click Edit, then 'Preferences'
  • Find 'Advanced'. Click the sign in front of the word, 'advanced'
  • You'll see 'Cache, Proxies, etc...'
  • Click 'Cache'
  • On the right you'll see buttons labeled 'Clear Memory Cache,' and 'Clear Disk Cache'
  • First, click 'Clear Memory Cache'. When the “?” dialog appears click 'OK'
  • Click 'Clear Disk Cache', when the “?” dialog appears, click 'OK'.
  • Click 'OK' again to close the Cache Dialog box.
  • This will clear all old info from your browser and the error should be finished.

Firefox:
  • Click Tools and select Options
  • Click the Privacy icon
  • Click Clear Now in the Private Data area
  • Click OK
  • Exit and re-launch the browser.

Clearing Cache on Safari 1.0 / Safari 2.0 for Macintosh OS X:
  • From the Safari menu click on ‘empty cache’
  • When asked if you want to empty the cache? Click on empty
  • Once that's done, from the safari menu click on "preferences"
  • From the Security dialog box, select "bookmarks"
  • Click on "Show Cookies"
  • A list will show up with all the cookies left on the computer.
  • Select "Remove all"
  • Once they are removed, Click "Done"
  • Close down Safari to get back to your desktop
  • Re-launch Safari and log back into Webkinz.
msclockart is offline Male
Old 07-08-2009, 07:33 AM   #6
luckiestmom

mkivvy is headed for the top!mkivvy is headed for the top!mkivvy is headed for the top!mkivvy is headed for the top!mkivvy is headed for the top!mkivvy is headed for the top!mkivvy is headed for the top!mkivvy is headed for the top!mkivvy is headed for the top!mkivvy is headed for the top!mkivvy is headed for the top!mkivvy is headed for the top!

I have cleared my cache and that usually works but not this time. Like I said, it's not a big problem at this point. Just wondering if anyone else has had similar issues. Thanks for all the helpful replies!
mkivvy is offline Female
Old 07-08-2009, 08:10 AM   #7
Lil Kinz
tkmiller is an unknown quantity at this point

I am having the same problem.Actually, the whole top line of buttons are not working. I haven't been able to log in at all. You go to customer service area and it tells you to first enter your user name and pass word...which I would if that screen would come up. It doesn't . I'm getting frustrated.
tkmiller is offline Female
Old 07-08-2009, 10:31 AM   #8
luckiestmom

tkmiller, have you tried loggin in thru the login option in the Parent's Area? As a computer programmer myself, I would think both options would connect the same way, but they apparently don't. I've been able to get in this way on other occasions as well when the home page login doesn't work.

(Btw, the bottom homepage option to login doesn't work for me either this time, though it has in the past. Must be something with the home page connection.)

At this point, I don't plan to call Ganz. The issue is minor to me and I suspect they're doing more upgrades real soon to get those new things Webkinz Newz mentioned. If it still doesn't work after that, I may decide to call.
mkivvy is offline Female
Old 07-08-2009, 12:33 PM   #9
Kafeebunny
Gift Guru

Kayfookey is a wise owlKayfookey is a wise owlKayfookey is a wise owlKayfookey is a wise owl
Kayfookey is a wise owlKayfookey is a wise owl

Hi there!
Hmm... that is a strange glitch.
This hasn't been happening to me, I only couldn't access WW during the time when the were updating it and the servers were down.

I would try to restart your computer, or try a different server or internet browser (such as firefox, safari, IE...)

If this problem persists, try contacting GANZ. I hope they will fix this problem soon if it is not an issue with your computer.

That is a smart suggestion about logging into WW through the parents' area. I have done that several times.

Good luck solving your logging in issue!

I hope I helped!

Kayfee:el1:
Kayfookey is offline Female
Closed