Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!


Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2011, 02:58 PM   #1
Webkinz :)
 
Secret Ninja's Avatar
Secret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talent

Default Answered: Live Topic help!

All my friends say that live topic is hen a new post comes up and you don't have to refresh the page, but I don't have it. I just have a little box saying "One new responce" but I still have to refresh the page to see it. :/
Secret Ninja is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by mickey26
View Post Originally Posted by Quack Quack
Oh... I am not sure. it works okay on Firefox, though.
Make sure you are on the current page of the thread, and it should come up (the post[s])
Also, sometimes when there are lots of people on the thread, it can "jam" it. (or at least that is what i find to happen.)

Hope it works.
Yes. When I use IE, live topic does not work for me.
When using firefox, live topic works.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2011, 03:04 PM   #2
Webkinz :)
 
Priceless's Avatar
Priceless has disabled reputation

Default Re: Live Topic help!

This happens sometimes. Livetopic works both ways. If you are on the first page, it will say one new responce. If you are on the exact page, it will just pop up.

If you are talking about DCT's, sometimes there are just so many posts, they stay on one full page. It may say one new responce to bring you to a new page, because of all those posts on one page.

Hope I explained it enough!
Priceless is offline Male
Old 02-05-2011, 03:18 PM   #3
Webkinz :)
 
Secret Ninja's Avatar
Secret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talent

Default Re: Live Topic help!

View Post Originally Posted by Priceless
This happens sometimes. Livetopic works both ways. If you are on the first page, it will say one new responce. If you are on the exact page, it will just pop up.

If you are talking about DCT's, sometimes there are just so many posts, they stay on one full page. It may say one new responce to bring you to a new page, because of all those posts on one page.

Hope I explained it enough!
Huh?
Secret Ninja is offline Female
Old 02-05-2011, 03:22 PM   #4
Webkinz :)
 
Priceless's Avatar
Priceless has disabled reputation

Default Re: Live Topic help!

You know how their is always like 100 posts on 1 page whenever you are on the DCT? (At least for me.) Well Livetopic is saying, click here, and spread out those 100 posts on how many pages.

If this doesn't seem to be your problem, I would suggest asking a mod or admin.
Priceless is offline Male
Old 02-05-2011, 03:27 PM   #5
Webkinz :)
 
Secret Ninja's Avatar
Secret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talent

Default Re: Live Topic help!

View Post Originally Posted by Priceless
You know how their is always like 100 posts on 1 page whenever you are on the DCT? (At least for me.) Well Livetopic is saying, click here, and spread out those 100 posts on how many pages.

If this doesn't seem to be your problem, I would suggest asking a mod or admin.
But theres only 30 posts on a page
Secret Ninja is offline Female
Old 02-05-2011, 03:40 PM   #6
ShootingStars•°˜”° ҉
Gifted
 
mickey26's Avatar
mickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a boss
mickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a boss

Default Re: Live Topic help!

View Post Originally Posted by Priceless
You know how their is always like 100 posts on 1 page whenever you are on the DCT? (At least for me.) Well Livetopic is saying, click here, and spread out those 100 posts on how many pages.

If this doesn't seem to be your problem, I would suggest asking a mod or admin.
View Post Originally Posted by Secret Ninja
But theres only 30 posts on a page
how many posts on a pg can depend on your settings.

Go to User CP
Click Edit Options
Scroll down to Thread Display Options
3rd square box thing-- Number of Posts to Show Per Page
Change if you want.
mickey26 is offline Female
Old 02-05-2011, 03:49 PM   #7
Webkinz :)
 
Priceless's Avatar
Priceless has disabled reputation

Default Re: Live Topic help!

I would follow the rules on what mickey said
Priceless is offline Male
Old 02-05-2011, 03:52 PM   #8
Webkinz :)
 
Secret Ninja's Avatar
Secret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talent

Default Re: Live Topic help!

View Post Originally Posted by mickey26
how many posts on a pg can depend on your settings.

Go to User CP
Click Edit Options
Scroll down to Thread Display Options
3rd square box thing-- Number of Posts to Show Per Page
Change if you want.
I know. Thats why I have 30 posts on a page, I made it like that.
Secret Ninja is offline Female
Old 02-05-2011, 04:16 PM   #9
Diabetes Awareness
Gift Guru
 
dawnscott1's Avatar

dawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Fame
dawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Fame

Default Re: Live Topic help!

Sometimes live topic stops working, it does it alot on the threads that have alot of posts on it.
I find that if I modify my post live topic stops working, I refresh and go to the last page, LT will work again.......until I have to modify again.
I know from posting on the Count Till 1 Million thread and we had 80,000 + posts, it happened more and more, even without me modifying, but it was when others on the thread were also modifying theirs. I don't know why it was effecting me but it was.
I think on the DCT thread there are so many at the same time, sometimes the system gets a hiccup and just try refreshing and going to the last page and it should continue working until another hiccup. Hopefully not too often
dawnscott1 is offline Female
Old 02-05-2011, 04:41 PM   #10
Webkinz :)
 
Secret Ninja's Avatar
Secret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talent

Default Re: Live Topic help!

View Post Originally Posted by dawnscott1
Sometimes live topic stops working, it does it alot on the threads that have alot of posts on it.
I find that if I modify my post live topic stops working, I refresh and go to the last page, LT will work again.......until I have to modify again.
I know from posting on the Count Till 1 Million thread and we had 80,000 + posts, it happened more and more, even without me modifying, but it was when others on the thread were also modifying theirs. I don't know why it was effecting me but it was.
I think on the DCT thread there are so many at the same time, sometimes the system gets a hiccup and just try refreshing and going to the last page and it should continue working until another hiccup. Hopefully not too often
But it doesnt just happen on the DCT, it happens on all threads
Secret Ninja is offline Female
Closed

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:10 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2007-2013 Kopi Enterprises, LLC
WebkinzInsider.Com is not an official site of, sponsored by, nor affiliated with Ganz, Inc, Webkinz, Lil'Kinz, or Kinzville Newz and all character names, logos, and images are trademarks owned by Ganz, Inc.
no new posts