Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2008, 01:52 AM   #11
Webkinz :)

Ritzcracker is stuck on replay
Ritzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replay

Default Re: Less yield from crops

I hadn't really noticed a change in crop yields - I have three strawberry gardens, and the yield for a crop of 99 plants varies from about 275 to 330, usually averaging out around 300. So far I think I've been within that range for the last week or so. You really do need to track for several cycles to get a real picture of what's going on, because there is quite a wide "normal" range.
Ritzcracker is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2008, 02:22 AM   #12
i wish i was a

BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!

boy i thought it was just my imagination. now mind you, i dont garden for profit, jsut to feed my webbies........................ and i have even noticed the change in the last few weeks my yield for each plant is always less, and even though i tend to my gardens daily i have way more weeds than ever, and i have noticed less kc is the wishing well too. in fact all over. i think once two weeks ago i got the gem of the day and arte offered me 6kc for it!!!!! so yes, ive noticed this all over ww, its harder to earn kc without just going out abd buying a webbie. thats the easiest way, with games you hardly get much at all. and i noticed the baby sitting job is faster and harder to beat. and for sure my pets are more hungry. now i know i wasnt crazy after all.
kinda wish it was jsut my imagination.............................
BASMAT is offline Female
Old 10-10-2008, 02:33 AM   #13
Gift Trainee

KittyFanatic is a jewel in the roughKittyFanatic is a jewel in the rough

I thought it was my imagination....
I noticed much less yield, but I was blaming my own changes - I am experimenting with
watering much less and just raking (lots more weeds when you don't water every day!).
I thought maybe the cutback on water was cutting back on the yields. I haven't had anything above 3 strawberries on a plant since I did this...

Didn't notice the price change on selling the melons back either - I have had to use them to feed my hungry critters too, instead of selling them back like I was doing!
I did notice that the hunger goes down pretty fast lately.

Also, I noticed that the recipe foods don't work as well as they used to!
Am I the only one who thinks that?
Before, I could count on a homemade recipe food to bring up all three back to 100 pretty fast. Now, I often have to feed them TWO to get back to 100, even though I might only be 89-92! Weird...
KittyFanatic is offline Female
Old 10-10-2008, 06:32 AM   #14
e had a few naps!

Muddy will become famous soon enough

I just sold a farm fresh watermelon for 10 Kc from my garden-that price is still the same as before. As for strawberries, I usually seem to get anywhere between 275 and 325 from any full yard harvest when they are ripe. I have not noticed them slipping under that.
Muddy is offline Female
Old 10-10-2008, 06:42 AM   #15
100% Evil.
Gift Guru

Mama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talent

I've noticed the yield in my daughters garden going do, but I was guessing its because she likes to "redecorate" her garden almost every week. She's always moving crops from one position in the garden to another, "to make it look prettier"... she says!

So that's why I'm guessing the yield isn't that great for her garden.

A quick question, though, because we only started with Webkinz in May...
Do we have to 'pull up' our crops in the winter months? do they keep growing all through the winter or do they hibernate? Just curious.

Good luck growing bountiful crops, everyone!
Mama Girl NH is offline Female
Old 10-10-2008, 06:44 AM   #16
is totally
Gifted

jeralynann11 is a splendid one to beholdjeralynann11 is a splendid one to beholdjeralynann11 is a splendid one to beholdjeralynann11 is a splendid one to behold

I really haven't had any problem with my garden. It all seems to be the same it has always been. I always keep stats on how much harvest and how many I sold and what not and mine are all within the same rage as all other harvest so I'm not sure what's going on with everyone else. But like ya'll I have been noticing the hunger dropping faster.
jeralynann11 is offline Female
Old 10-10-2008, 07:46 AM   #17
Can't believe I'm a
Gift Guru

snugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wonder

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by rubygooby
Not only that but they ALSO lowered how much you get for pumpkin and watermelons! I noticed they are 8kc now- they used to be 10kc. I know because I had it all wrote in a notebook- like how long they take in days, how much kc per each and what the yield range is for each plant that harvests. Sure enough I was right- I have 10kc wrote next to those. Did they sneak that in lowering them to 8kc without anyone else noticing? Or was this already mentioned somewhere else?
I just sold pumpkins and watermelons yesterday and still received 10KC for each of them. I have not noticed much change in the yield, although I have a fairly small garden consisting of about 25 plants. I wondering if this is happening more often for people who have a large amount of plants, which would be unfair considering it's a great way to get KC.
snugglebunny72 is offline Female
Old 10-10-2008, 07:52 AM   #18
DES
Survivor and
Gift Guru

DES has disabled reputation

I have been counting my yields closely lately because I thought they had gone down. I came on when the suggestion was to have carrot crops - shorter length of time and approx 2.5 yield. Well guess what - the yield is now down to 2 per plant average. I've been tracking for a week now.
DES is offline Female
Old 10-10-2008, 08:40 AM   #19

gmawk1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have noticed the pets getting hungrier, faster but I had never thought of a conspiracy!! It would make good business sense, though. It does encourage you to buy new webkinz to add quickly to your KC total. It is most frustrating, though, when you have earned money, the site cuts out and you lose what you had earned. It, however, seems to be getting better or perhaps I am just ending games faster to keep what I have.

gmawk1 is offline Female
Old 10-10-2008, 09:04 AM   #20
Shablooming
Wiki SysOp

monkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all things
monkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all things

I don't think that the crops are really producing less, but instead it seems to me more like one of those concepts we make up in order to find an explanation for something that we want to believe in... if you know what I mean.

I keep large carrot gardens, and the outcome of the crops varies tremendously over the week. Some days I get a large amount of "3" bunches, and other days almost all of my crops will give me only 1 bunch each. It really just depends.

I hope Ganz would not go out of their way to affect the amount of crops we get from gardening... why would they?

---------- monkeecj added 4 Minutes and 29 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by KittyFanatic
Also, I noticed that the recipe foods don't work as well as they used to!
Am I the only one who thinks that?
Before, I could count on a homemade recipe food to bring up all three back to 100 pretty fast. Now, I often have to feed them TWO to get back to 100, even though I might only be 89-92! Weird...
All the recipe foods continue to give the same amount of hunger boost as usual. It depends on which recipe you make - some give as little as 5 or 6 as a hunger boost, and one is as high as 27 (Nuggetdog Megaroni)! Experiment around and you can find some good recipes to give you the right amount of hunger boost (or other boosts as well).

Last edited by monkeecj; 10-10-2008 at 09:04 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
monkeecj is offline Male
Closed