Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2008, 03:33 PM   #1
TrueToMyself[♥]

Default Unanswered: Latin

I am taking latin this fall and i was just wondering what to expect. so if youve taken latin then please tell me: was it hard? do you have fun? could you tell me a few phrases in latin? Thanks!

---------- TrueToMyself[♥] added 24 Minutes and 46 Seconds later ----------

Has ANYONE taken latin? i just wanna be ready, my school just ended today and come september, i will no longer be the underdog so please help with my latin!

---------- TrueToMyself[♥] added 11 Minutes and 37 Seconds later ----------

ok i guess i will just have to go in unprepared, but still, if you know latin PLEASE post here! i really wanna learn it before september!

Last edited by TrueToMyself[♥]; 06-19-2008 at 03:33 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2008, 03:42 PM   #2

MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris
MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris

Default Re: Latin

I don't know any Latin apart from music that I have sang in Latin.
What I do know from that music wasn't very hard to learn, Latin is pretty much spoken/sang as it's writen from what I can see.

Good luck! - you could try and find a book or CD to help you learn right now.
I'm sure there is a dummy book on how to learn latin they are great books
MissGnomie is offline Female
Old 06-19-2008, 03:46 PM   #3
Werewolves are so
Gifted

Starlight720 has a spectacular aura aboutStarlight720 has a spectacular aura about

I've heard Latin is fun to learn.
I would help, but our school only offers french and spanish (Go Spanish xD!!)
Starlight720 is offline Female
Old 06-19-2008, 03:49 PM   #4
TrueToMyself[♥]

ok thanks for your input. is ther anyone else that would like to say something?
Old 06-19-2008, 03:52 PM   #5
I'm a PC and I'm
Gifted

coolcat528 is a jewel in the roughcoolcat528 is a jewel in the rough

If you mean Christian Latin, or something, I have taken it, it's fairly easy, you just have to remember english words that go with it like:
porto means I carry, an english word that goes with it is portable.
Hope this helped!
~Coolcat528 ^..^
coolcat528 is offline Female
Old 06-19-2008, 03:56 PM   #6
TrueToMyself[♥]

i guess it might be christian latin, but i dont really know because the paper only said latin. thanks for the help!
Old 06-19-2008, 04:04 PM   #7
maggie545

my dad tried to teach me latin. it was torture! but of course i was taking it with only my brother and my dad. NO ONE ELSE! so of course it wasn't fun! If you're taking it with friends it's going to be sooooooooo much better.

Just one piece of advice: DO NOT STRESS OUT ON TESTS!!!! i have missed so many answers just because i was freaking out!!!!!
Old 06-19-2008, 04:08 PM   #8
Gift Guru

dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!

sorry i have no clue aboutLAtin.. i only take Spanish
dreamb97 is offline Female
Old 06-19-2008, 04:11 PM   #9
I'm a PC and I'm
Gifted

coolcat528 is a jewel in the roughcoolcat528 is a jewel in the rough

View Post Originally Posted by TrueToMyself[♥]
i guess it might be christian latin, but i dont really know because the paper only said latin. thanks for the help!
your welcome!

---------- coolcat528 added 1 Minutes and 58 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by maggie545
my dad tried to teach me latin. it was torture! but of course i was taking it with only my brother and my dad. NO ONE ELSE! so of course it wasn't fun! If you're taking it with friends it's going to be sooooooooo much better.

Just one piece of advice: DO NOT STRESS OUT ON TESTS!!!! i have missed so many answers just because i was freaking out!!!!!
Well, when my mom taught it to me, it was kind of boring, but in a class it was fun! We played games (that had to do with Latin, of course!), and had fun!

Last edited by coolcat528; 06-19-2008 at 04:11 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
coolcat528 is offline Female
Old 06-19-2008, 04:16 PM   #10
Did it!
Gift Guru

JBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guide

Dont worry about it out, I am sure you will do great!
JBONE92 is offline Male
Closed