Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2009, 09:59 AM   #1
Lil Kinz
juliakill is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Unanswered: Kinztime - Can you change old accounts to European times?

Hi, my children got their first webkinz in 2007. After a year, their accounts went dormant and they have just started buying webkinz again. I notice now that you can have european time set as the kinztime on your accounts. Can this be done to old accounts? I tried emailing webkinz and I got a standard reply to ring them. I emailed them again to say that I am in England (UK) and did not want to make an expensive call, is this necessary. I did not get a reply. So today I telephoned them. I first used the international number they gave me (which did not work), and I then telephoned their telephone number for American residents. The lady was not completely sure what could be done and then could not find the accounts via my surname, but then could with one of the secret codes. She then told me it could not be done. I was not completely confident the lady knew - so has anyone ever managed to change their time zones? I have explained to my children that they will have to open new accounts with any new webkinz to get european time. They, understandably, are not happy with this, as it will mean their pets will not be together. Any ideas

Many thanks
juliakill is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2009, 10:08 AM   #2
Color my world
Banned
crystal00000 is the cats pajamas!crystal00000 is the cats pajamas!crystal00000 is the cats pajamas!crystal00000 is the cats pajamas!crystal00000 is the cats pajamas!crystal00000 is the cats pajamas!

Default Re: Kinztime - Can you change old accounts to European times?

View Post Originally Posted by juliakill
Hi, my children got their first webkinz in 2007. After a year, their accounts went dormant and they have just started buying webkinz again. I notice now that you can have european time set as the kinztime on your accounts. Can this be done to old accounts? I tried emailing webkinz and I got a standard reply to ring them. I emailed them again to say that I am in England (UK) and did not want to make an expensive call, is this necessary. I did not get a reply. So today I telephoned them. I first used the international number they gave me (which did not work), and I then telephoned their telephone number for American residents. The lady was not completely sure what could be done and then could not find the accounts via my surname, but then could with one of the secret codes. She then told me it could not be done. I was not completely confident the lady knew - so has anyone ever managed to change their time zones? I have explained to my children that they will have to open new accounts with any new webkinz to get european time. They, understandably, are not happy with this, as it will mean their pets will not be together. Any ideas

Many thanks
ganz can be a hassle sometimes! but, i would just say, tell your children that the daily activities (mainly the only good thing on KinzTime) aren't that important. if they are INSISTING that kinztime is important, say you'll stay up and do the activities for them i'm sorry but Ganz doesn't like being flexible. you'll just have to deal with it
crystal00000 is offline Female
Old 04-27-2009, 10:14 AM   #3
kellyschrvr will become famous soon enough

Donation Award 

Depends on who you get on the phone... some are nice and work with you (name changes and all)... others just want you off the phone.

I'd call back again to get someone else on the phone.
kellyschrvr is offline Female
Old 04-27-2009, 11:16 AM   #4
webkinz_forever

I really don't know. I live in Europe too, and I wish my account could be set to European. I've never bothered though, as I'll be moving back to the US in a bit.

I think that if you can't get it changed, just forget about the activities I've been doing that for two years and I still love webkinz
Old 04-27-2009, 03:10 PM   #5
gangnam style
Webkinz :)

tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible
tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible

I'm afraid you can't, but you could try calling again
tarsky781 is offline Female
Old 04-30-2009, 09:14 AM   #6
Lil Kinz

Thanks for everyone replying. I have decided to leave it and my kids have accepted that they cannot go on Webkinz in the morning (our morning clashes with the EST maintenance time) and they dont mind missing the hourly activities! I spend 15 minutes to the US to get no where with Webkinz, it worth the hassle again.

Now my son has gone and bought iron fencing for his treetop room and he keeps getting an error message. So I have emailed Webkinz and guess what...... they have told me to ring them . On my daughter's account, all her furniture for her old webkinz is missing (I have tried clearing cache etc) I have emailed Webkinz and guess what....... they have told me to ring them

These problems are a whole new topic, so I will start one and see if anyone has any ideas!

Best wishes to you all.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:21 AM   #7
Lil Kinz

Just an update on this topic. Ganz rung me today - shocking!!! I had asked to speak to a manager on the 27th April and they said someone would ring me. So they did 9 days later

Anyway, I asked again if old accounts can be changed to European times and he said 'no, their system just does not have the capabilities'.
I then said 'that someone had told me that it depends on who I speak to on the phone' and he chuckled and said 'I definitely cannot do it'.

Oh well!

Many thanks.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:43 AM   #8
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

No, once you have adopted and set the time zone it can't be changed. It says that when you create an new account.
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 05-06-2009, 10:48 AM   #9
IttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roost

juliakill, have you considered adding one account that is on European time?

Missing items has been an ongoing problem. It happened to us the other day, and at least I knew it was not the end of the world, thanks to WI! I finally closed the browser and everything was back in place when I logged in again. I think the pathways get corrupted after a while.

Fences are not compatible with tree top rooms right now (the last I heard). If your fence is not working, try putting it a yard until WW fixes the glitch. Many of us have purchased useless fences for our tree tops.

Finally, welcome to WI!

Mom of IttyGirl2
Old 05-06-2009, 11:01 AM   #10

Murphydog is cool as a bunny clownMurphydog is cool as a bunny clownMurphydog is cool as a bunny clownMurphydog is cool as a bunny clownMurphydog is cool as a bunny clownMurphydog is cool as a bunny clownMurphydog is cool as a bunny clownMurphydog is cool as a bunny clown

Well, I have had the same question.
I think it would be cool to have an asian time account.
Come to think of it,this is kinda stupid.
What if a kid was in a millitary family that moved from America to overseas.
Murphydog is offline Female
Closed

Tags
european times, hailee, kinztime