Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2008, 06:04 AM   #1
Webkinz :)
froggymom617 is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: kinzcaht reporting question

My daughter, who is an adult and a mother, was in a garden room yesterday. She had been chatting with no problems for quite a while. First, a group of polar bears came into the room and then would not let people sit with them. They kept telling people to get out of the chairs in their corner that they were holding it and that it was for polar bears only. After 5 minutes of this the bears left and a new group of pets came in the room. One of them was interesting and she could not tell what it was. It was wearing what looked like the pumpkin hat so to ask that pet she said "What kind of pet are you, pumpkin head?" Someone in the room told her that she was not being nice calling names. She tried to explain that she was only trying to get that particular pet's attention and that she thought it was wearing the pumpkin head that was how she wanted to get its attention. She also said that she was nice and did not care for people who were not nice. They accused her, again of not being nice and said that they reported her. Does anyone know what the procedure is for reporting someone and what does Ganz do with those reports. She is really worried. The sad thing is that she is usually defending other pets and helping out when there are problems in a room. Thank you for any advice or help that you can give us.

---------- froggymom617 added 1 Minutes and 11 Seconds later ----------

Oops! I almost forgot. "Pumpkin head" said that it was a monster. Is there a monster webkinz?

Last edited by froggymom617; 11-12-2008 at 06:04 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
froggymom617 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2008, 06:15 AM   #2
pollywog2
Gift Guru

pollywog rules the roostpollywog rules the roostpollywog rules the roostpollywog rules the roostpollywog rules the roostpollywog rules the roostpollywog rules the roostpollywog rules the roostpollywog rules the roostpollywog rules the roostpollywog rules the roostpollywog rules the roost

Default Re: kinzcaht reporting question

The purple monster was available in the Estore for Halloween. As for the reporting, sorry that I can't help you. I don't go to Kinzchat Plus becsue I have heard too many horror stories of rude traders.
pollywog is offline Female
Old 11-12-2008, 06:29 AM   #3
jnmommy
Gifted

baxjul is the cats pajamas!baxjul is the cats pajamas!baxjul is the cats pajamas!baxjul is the cats pajamas!baxjul is the cats pajamas!baxjul is the cats pajamas!

I think when someone reports, that they look back at the conversations. If she didn't get a warning from ganz, then I wouldn't worry about it. They have ways of keeping an eye on what is going on.
baxjul is offline Female
Old 11-12-2008, 07:12 AM   #4
Gift Guru

AnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellence
AnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellence

Donation Award 

I wouldn't worry. After reading several stories about it here, it looks like the reporting system doesn't work anyway. People have reported others for the right reasons and it seems that most of the time the reporter is the one who gets the warning. They'll find a note when they next log in to not abuse the report button. I was reported for telling someone they weren't cool for trying to trick little kids.LOL Nothing happened.
AnthonysMommy is offline Female
Old 11-12-2008, 09:06 AM   #5

Thank you for the responses and the encouragement. She was really worried that she would be banned from Kinzchat Plus and she has been one to really try to keep people nice. I also noticed that I need to proof read my posts. I misspelled Kinzchat in my title. That is what I get for posting on here at 4:30 when I can't sleep. lol
Old 11-12-2008, 09:10 AM   #6
kellyschrvr will become famous soon enough

Donation Award 

I wouldn't worry too much, I'm a mom too... and I've been reported for not trading good items for food, LOL... Nothing happened... I also get warnings sent to me after I report a real rule breaker. I contacted webkinz about this a while back and I was told that the "warning" I was getting after I reported someone was supposedly a glitch. But I was told that whenever there is a report, (supposedly) they go back and view the conversation and go by that.
I was also told that there are sooo many false reports being made, so I have a hard time believing they even investigate all these..
kellyschrvr is offline Female
Old 11-12-2008, 09:22 AM   #7
Gifted

NVAMMOM will become famous soon enough

To add to this, I believe that i read somewhere that there is a 3 chances rule. That is, you get three chances to behave after a legitimate report was made.
NVAMMOM is offline Female
Old 11-12-2008, 10:00 AM   #8
elcome 2014!!
Gift Coach

funmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellence
funmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellence

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by AnthonysMommy
I wouldn't worry. After reading several stories about it here, it looks like the reporting system doesn't work anyway. People have reported others for the right reasons and it seems that most of the time the reporter is the one who gets the warning. They'll find a note when they next log in to not abuse the report button. I was reported for telling someone they weren't cool for trying to trick little kids.LOL Nothing happened.
That's right ~ I reported someone who was being very mean and calling names and saying inappropriate stuff. Then I got the message from Ganz about not abusing the report button!
Old 11-12-2008, 10:10 AM   #9
IttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roost

I'm a mom and have been reported. (I've also DONE the reporting!) I am careful with what I say, so I don't think the fault lies with me. I was very worried when I got warning letters from Ganz, but I think they might have been automatically sent out. From what I understand, the dialog is supposed to be reviewed. If that's the case, a neutral third party will be making the decision. It's three strikes and you're out.

Another thing to consider is that the person reporting might select the wrong pet.

I've noticed less "reminders" from Ganz but more instant messages to the whole room.

Bottom line is not to worry. There are plenty of questionable behaviors out there. Surely those pets will be banned before me!

Mom of IttyGirl2

Fiero, our "pumpkin head", who was called Fireman yesterday
Old 11-12-2008, 11:41 AM   #10

I, too, have noticed some really rude behaviors. I hope that they don't ruin it for those of us who are polite and have fun meeting other people.
Closed