Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2011, 03:04 PM   #1
duwang gang
Webkinz :)

luree611 has disabled reputation

Default Unanswered: Just downloaded GIMP for the first time; soooo confused. xD

Ok, so if you read the tittle, you know what i need help with. Could somebody please give me a simple tutorial or just some help with GIMP?(The photo editing program.) I don't know the first thing about it. XP Also, i have a mac if that makes any difference in how it works. Thanks for any help!

EDIT: By the way, this isn't my first time with a photo program. I've worked with photoshop CS5 and photo impact 12.

Last edited by luree611; 05-25-2011 at 03:06 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2011, 03:29 PM   #2
Diabetes Awareness
Gifted
NedOwl has disabled reputation

Default Re: Just downoaded GIMP for the first time; soooo confused. xD

Is there anything in particular you wish to know? I did a simple tutorial for creating avatars for someone else on here but no idea whether that's any use for what you want.

I have a Mac and a PC and gimp looks the same on both. (In fact as it's using X11 on the mac to run it's the windows version running on a background process but you don't really need to know or understand that lol)

If you're having difficulty finding a particular technique that you knew how to do in photoshop then I can probably point you to it. But photoshop is renowned for having the most complex techniques so I'm a little surprised you're struggling with Gimp.

Anyway I'll try to help you as best I can
Old 05-25-2011, 03:50 PM   #3
duwang gang

View Post Originally Posted by NedOwl
Is there anything in particular you wish to know? I did a simple tutorial for creating avatars for someone else on here but no idea whether that's any use for what you want.

I have a Mac and a PC and gimp looks the same on both. (In fact as it's using X11 on the mac to run it's the windows version running on a background process but you don't really need to know or understand that lol)

If you're having difficulty finding a particular technique that you knew how to do in photoshop then I can probably point you to it. But photoshop is renowned for having the most complex techniques so I'm a little surprised you're struggling with Gimp.

Anyway I'll try to help you as best I can
Thank you for offering to help. Well, the first thing i need to know is... how to get an image into the program to work on. xD I'm also wondering if it's possible to do animation, and if so, how? Those are the two things i probably need the most help with right now.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:05 PM   #4
Diabetes Awareness
Gifted
NedOwl has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by luree611
Thank you for offering to help. Well, the first thing i need to know is... how to get an image into the program to work on. xD I'm also wondering if it's possible to do animation, and if so, how? Those are the two things i probably need the most help with right now.
If you have it on your clipboard from a website or other source (right click - copy) you can just go edit - paste as new image in gimp. If you want to add an image to an existing blank image you can go edit - paste as new layer

To do animations you make each frame a seperate layer in gimp and then save as a .gif making sure to change the option on the next screen to 'save as animation' If you want each frame to run for a different length of time then this tutorial may help you: GIMP - Simple Animations
Old 05-25-2011, 06:09 PM   #5
Try your best, your
Gifted

GSGO is not just visiting!GSGO is not just visiting!GSGO is not just visiting!GSGO is not just visiting!GSGO is not just visiting!GSGO is not just visiting!GSGO is not just visiting!GSGO is not just visiting!GSGO is not just visiting!GSGO is not just visiting!GSGO is not just visiting!

If you want help I can teach you on that type of stuff. I can tell you on it or show you guides. Just let me know if you do. I teach how to make graphics on another site. An I use GIMP. It will get easier the more you use and understand what it does.

Like for lines in photos with not too noticeable but just enough to see, get your picture (you can copy and paste on it or save to your computer and then go to the files<open<choose the image) you go to the filters<distorts<video. If you need more help I'll be glad too!
GSGO is offline Female
Old 05-25-2011, 07:45 PM   #6
Banned
♥Taylor♥ wears the mantle of perfection with grace♥Taylor♥ wears the mantle of perfection with grace♥Taylor♥ wears the mantle of perfection with grace♥Taylor♥ wears the mantle of perfection with grace♥Taylor♥ wears the mantle of perfection with grace♥Taylor♥ wears the mantle of perfection with grace♥Taylor♥ wears the mantle of perfection with grace

If you check out the Guides and How-Tos section, you can find many GIMP tutorials. Here's a thread with quite a few tutorials that I've made, and below it are a few other tutorials.

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...torial-669517/
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...D-gimp-673808/
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...torial-692820/
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...r-gimp-695194/
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...s-gimp-696894/
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...torial-692473/
Hope this helped.
♥Taylor♥ is offline Female
Old 05-25-2011, 08:20 PM   #7
duwang gang

Thank you all for the help! I'm already KINDA getting used to it, but i know i have a lot to learn. If i must i may ask you guys some questions. As for taylor; ill check out those threads! I didn't even think of going to the guides and how to section.
Closed