Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2010, 10:25 PM   #1
Webkinz :)
Dark Hunter will become famous soon enough

Default Answered: Issues with Firefox tonight?

New member here, though I have lurked a long time, and helped other family members who have accounts here.

I'm curious, is anyone else having issues with logging into Webkinz with Firefox tonight? Once I click log in, I'm just getting a blank white screen. Nothing to enter my ID or password. I've cleared cache, history, cookies. I've rebooted. I've downloaded all updates on adobe flashware, thinking it could be that. Nothing is working and I can not get the log in screen to come up.

I am thinking it might be an issue with Firefox, but honestly, it could be happening to others, too, and I'm just guessing. Is anyone else experiencing this tonight?
Dark Hunter is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by Ranger1985
Hi Dark Hunter, welcome to WI!!

I was finding WW slow to load on both IE and FF, so I'm guessing it's a widespread thing and WW-based.

I wouldn't give up on FF just yet, though, only because FF seems to load many WW features much better than IE. (In my case, it's really bad - several KA classes won't load at all on IE, no matter what I do.) I've also been OK with Bing on the laptop.

If, however, IE8 works for you, as the old saying goes: "Don't fix it if it ain't broke!" Good luck either way!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2010, 10:29 PM   #2

brtswim knows the way
brtswim knows the way

Default Re: Issues with Firefox tonight?

I think it has something to do with FireFox's Adobe flash Player. My Dad's computer has Firefox and it has been really slow lately.
brtswim is offline Female
Old 02-20-2010, 10:33 PM   #3
Dark Hunter will become famous soon enough

Thanks brtswim for the info. I switched from IE8 to Firefox after having issues and speaking to a Ganz rep for an hour. They finally asked me to switch to Firefox because it's supposed to work better with Webkinz World. I had to say it, but I think it' only worked worse and gotten slower, and now is to the point that I can not log in at all. I guess I will give it through the weekend, but then I'm going back to IE8.

Thanks for letting me know our experience
Dark Hunter is offline Female
Old 02-20-2010, 11:58 PM   #4
ishing ....
Gift Guru

Ranger1985 has disabled reputation

Hi Dark Hunter, welcome to WI!!

I was finding WW slow to load on both IE and FF, so I'm guessing it's a widespread thing and WW-based.

I wouldn't give up on FF just yet, though, only because FF seems to load many WW features much better than IE. (In my case, it's really bad - several KA classes won't load at all on IE, no matter what I do.) I've also been OK with Bing on the laptop.

If, however, IE8 works for you, as the old saying goes: "Don't fix it if it ain't broke!" Good luck either way!
Ranger1985 is offline Female
Old 02-21-2010, 12:15 AM   #5
marnabear

marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness
marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness

WI Subscriber

I'm using FF and don't seem to be having your problems. I do think WW has been pretty busy today, though.
marnabear is offline Female
Old 02-21-2010, 01:43 AM   #6
Gift Guru

myJbees is glitter coveredmyJbees is glitter coveredmyJbees is glitter covered
myJbees is glitter coveredmyJbees is glitter coveredmyJbees is glitter coveredmyJbees is glitter coveredmyJbees is glitter coveredmyJbees is glitter coveredmyJbees is glitter coveredmyJbees is glitter coveredmyJbees is glitter coveredmyJbees is glitter coveredmyJbees is glitter coveredmyJbees is glitter coveredmyJbees is glitter covered

Hi Dark Hunter ~ welcome out of the lurks

I am a tried & true FF user, and it works really well when WW is working well : )
Tonight I have seen the white screen a few times, and WW was slow to load for a few hours.

I agree that tonight's issues have been due to a very busy WW.
♥mJb
myJbees is offline Female
Old 02-21-2010, 01:51 AM   #7
Peaches luvd Wacky
Gift Guru

jasonaldeanmg has disabled reputation

Welcome to Wi!
Have you updated to the new firefox! It works much better with webkinz than before! It does change the appearance of your browser though! You can personalize it!
jasonaldeanmg is offline Female
Old 02-21-2010, 02:00 AM   #8
ant to be a Webkinz
Gift Guru

Webkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellence
Webkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellence

I am Firefox and having no issues. Actuallly, I am multi-tasking and have three windows open at the same time. WW Asia, WI and my e-mail. Maybe it is the server you are on and not Firefox?
Old 02-21-2010, 02:03 AM   #9
elcome aboard

COONYCOON is epic beyond epicnessCOONYCOON is epic beyond epicnessCOONYCOON is epic beyond epicnessCOONYCOON is epic beyond epicnessCOONYCOON is epic beyond epicnessCOONYCOON is epic beyond epicness
COONYCOON is epic beyond epicnessCOONYCOON is epic beyond epicnessCOONYCOON is epic beyond epicnessCOONYCOON is epic beyond epicness

I'm getting the same thing right now. Will try another browser and let you know!

Yep, it's firefox! Loaded first time with google chrome!
COONYCOON is offline Female
Old 02-21-2010, 07:27 AM   #10
hy can't I be a

tammie2222 is a name known to alltammie2222 is a name known to alltammie2222 is a name known to all

I was having trouble with both firefox and safari last night. I think the slowness was WW servers. There were probably alot of people on last night.
tammie2222 is offline Female
Closed