Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2010, 09:01 PM   #31
jadavis1
Gift Guru

mulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clown

Donation Award 
Default Re: Isn't a shark a fish???

View Post Originally Posted by Lily849

2. What they mean by "Friend of the Fish" is that when you read your pet's profile, it tells you who their best buddy is. (i.e. "My best buddy is a Basset Hound", which means you would recieve the "Dog's Best Friend" Badge.)

This is NOT true. To get a 'friend of' badge, you need to have that type of animal. If you did not get a 'Friend of' badge for your first type pf that specific pet, call Ganz 1-866-WEB-KINZ and speak to a representative. They will help you to clear up this issue.
*Dixiecup*
If these do not apply to you & your account, then you should contact Ganz.

Hope this helps answer your question!!!
Not sure if this is the case since the account I'm speaking of, has a zebra whose best buddy is a whale. (couldn't find a pic of the whale. )

I checked other accounts in our family and we did not need the specific buddy pet, to get the badges. Our other accounts are pretty large, so there did tend to be the "type" of pet on each account.

For example, on one account a pet's best buddy is a striped cat, and while there is no striped cat there is a black and white cat on the account and the "Friend of Feline" badge had been awarded.

Since my zebra is best buddies with a whale, if your suggestion is correct, I should have gotten the badge for the shark. (Bones and cartilage aside )

I appreciate the suggestions from everyone and will find out for sure what the policy is on the shark and other pets mentioned here. Hopefully they will have an answer and not say it must just be my account. Or worse, "Try rebooting and clearing your cache"

Last edited by Dixiecup; 01-04-2010 at 02:21 AM..
mulberry59 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2010, 12:38 AM   #32
ilovecats711
Gifted

ilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond repute

I also didn't get a badge with my turkey. But maby since it isn't bird enough to get the tree top room it isn't bird enough to get the badge either.
ilovecats711 is offline Female
Old 01-04-2010, 02:10 AM   #33
jadavis1
Gift Guru

mulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clown

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by ilovecats711
I also didn't get a badge with my turkey. But maby since it isn't bird enough to get the tree top room it isn't bird enough to get the badge either.
Wow, that poor turkey is going to have some serious self-esteem issues.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:16 AM   #34
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by mulberry59
I just adopted the shark, and even though he has a bubble around his head I never got the underwater room or the friend of fish badge.

I know there's some problem with the chicken not being counted as a bird for treetop rooms and friend of fowl badge, but some say its because a chicken doesn't fly. (Which they do btw) but come on! A shark certainly swims!

Has anyone else had this happen with the shark?
Was this past a 10th adoption? You probably have the ability to buy a room that is underwater
If it is past your 10th adoption you get 3500 KC and a superbed box. After that every adoption you get the 3500 KC and an additional gift box. Blue for every number between the '5's
Like the 10th, 15th, 20th...those you get the Super Bed Box for and the 11th, 12, 13th, 14th you get the Bonus blue box with the extra rare, 1000 KC Coin you sell back to the W-shop OR an additional exclusive.
Dixiecup is online now Female
Old 01-04-2010, 02:17 AM   #35
Gifted

pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!

FWIW...ie.-for what iits worth..a shark IS a "fish"..they do not require air to breathe,, &, nor do they require their offspring to be "nurtured" by mum...I don't know where Ganz is trying to take this, but, facts IS "facts"...period!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by pfeagans01; 01-04-2010 at 02:24 AM.. Reason: IS
Old 01-04-2010, 02:17 AM   #36
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by mulberry59
Wow, that poor turkey is going to have some serious self-esteem issues.
Yeah and there is nothing worse than 'steemed Turkey
Dixiecup is online now Female
Old 01-04-2010, 03:08 AM   #37
I'm a Country Gal
Webkinz :)

cassielol214 is a creator of wonder
cassielol214 is a creator of wondercassielol214 is a creator of wondercassielol214 is a creator of wondercassielol214 is a creator of wondercassielol214 is a creator of wondercassielol214 is a creator of wondercassielol214 is a creator of wondercassielol214 is a creator of wondercassielol214 is a creator of wondercassielol214 is a creator of wondercassielol214 is a creator of wondercassielol214 is a creator of wondercassielol214 is a creator of wondercassielol214 is a creator of wonder

no its a fish but i think webberlilly is right do you have more then 10 webkinz? then thats the answer
cassielol214 is offline Female
Old 01-04-2010, 04:50 PM   #38
I'm proud to be a
Webkinz :)

Lily849 will become famous soon enough

Click the image to open in full size. Originally Posted by Lily849

2. What they mean by "Friend of the Fish" is that when you read your pet's profile, it tells you who their best buddy is. (i.e. "My best buddy is a Basset Hound", which means you would recieve the "Dog's Best Friend" Badge.)

This is NOT true. To get a 'friend of' badge, you need to have that type of animal. If you did not get a 'Friend of' badge for your first type pf that specific pet, call Ganz 1-866-WEB-KINZ and speak to a representative. They will help you to clear up this issue.
*Dixiecup*

It is true.
If these do not apply to you & your account, then you should contact Ganz.

Hope this helps answer your question!!!

Not sure if this is the case since the account I'm speaking of, has a zebra whose best buddy is a whale. (couldn't find a pic of the whale. )

I checked other accounts in our family and we did not need the specific buddy pet, to get the badges. Our other accounts are pretty large, so there did tend to be the "type" of pet on each account.

For example, on one account a pet's best buddy is a striped cat, and while there is no striped cat there is a black and white cat on the account and the "Friend of Feline" badge had been awarded.

Since my zebra is best buddies with a whale, if your suggestion is correct, I should have gotten the badge for the shark. (Bones and cartilage aside )

To clear things up, a whale is not a fish, it is a mammal.
I appreciate the suggestions from everyone and will find out for sure what the policy is on the shark and other pets mentioned here. Hopefully they will have an answer and not say it must just be my account. Or worse, "Try rebooting and clearing your cache"
Lily849 is offline Female
Old 01-04-2010, 05:46 PM   #39
jadavis1
Gift Guru

Donation Award 

Ok here's the update. I called Ganz and unfortunately, she said they "were aware of the problem" and that YES it is a glitch, when some don't get the "Friend of.." badges. She said they are working on it and while they don't have an actual list (I asked if they had one for those who really want badges, to avoid buying) they do get calls regularly on a handful of pets this happens to.

As for the underwater room, as I stated earlier, I did have over 10 but was able to buy one. (Thanks to all the poster's who mentioned that)

As for the turkey not getting a treetop room, she did say that was unusual since the psi is a treetop bed! She said if you are having a problem with this (barring the 10 room exception where you should now be able to BUY a treetop room) to call them at 1-866-932-5496 (1-866-webkinz)nz) And they will look at your account.

So here's the bad news. For those of you with chickens, she said that since the psi is NOT a treetop item, and since chickens don't fly, they don't get the treetop room. I informed that chickens do indeed fly, just as much as turkeys and she laughed and said while that was true, GANZ must not consider it a "flying" bird. Nothing more she could do about it. But she was very kind and sympathetic to the chicken owners, and is more than willing to help the turkey owners.

Thanks again for all your input on this. Hopefully we will get those badges soon.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:41 PM   #40
ilovecats711
Gifted

ilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond repute

Yay! Thank you so much for asking about the turkey. I will call them tomorrow. I only have 5 pets logged in so far (saving alot more for potm) and I had no idea I was supposed to get a tree top room. I got a regular room for him. I'll mention that I didn't get the badge. There were other problems I was having also and I sure do wish I had wrote those down. I could have handled them all at one time. I'll just hope I remember them by tomorrow. Thanks again! I can't wait to get my treetop room.
ilovecats711 is offline Female
Closed