Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2008, 10:08 PM   #11
^Look up!^
Webkinz :)

366100068 is a splendid one to behold366100068 is a splendid one to behold366100068 is a splendid one to behold366100068 is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: IRATE WEBKINZ BUYER FOR 2! anyone else understand and feel like me??

My friends account got robbed!! They did nothing to help!
366100068 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2008, 10:12 PM   #12
Hurray for me the

Penguinworlder is a jewel in the roughPenguinworlder is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: IRATE WEBKINZ BUYER FOR 2! anyone else understand and feel like me??

View Post Originally Posted by 366100068
My friends account got robbed!! They did nothing to help!
As did mine...I have never accepted pet codes online without getting them in hand and sealed onto a webkinz plushie. I come on and someone keeps changing my password..as if they have a code ro something. I check my webkinz drawer that has all my trading cards, pet codes, etc and i count out my codes. All there. No one I know goes on webkinz. Ganz didn't even care, Whats with this "Webkinz Cares" Program ganz?
Penguinworlder is offline Female
Old 10-01-2008, 10:12 PM   #13
Gifted

cuffy is just really nicecuffy is just really nice

I never could get into WW so I don't know much about the new stuff. My mom's Webkinz (yes, my mom. I won't post her age, but let's say she could have retired last year if she wanted to) had a birhtday today so we tried for several hours because she wanted to give it the cake.
I agree, all the money we pay for this stuff they could provide much better service. They can get away with it because right now they have a monopoly on the virtual pets. Let's face it, if you owned the only movie theatre in your entire state, you coud get away with charging $100 a ticket and providing lousy service. Sure, people would still complain, but they'd still ante up, and it would be guaranteed you'd have a steady customer base.
We use a web-based system where I work to receive customer orders, and where they can receive their reports. I know it's not an easy job, but before we release any new features to the public, we test it, retest it, then test it again. Glitches and bugs still happen, but they are few and far between, and once they happen our IT people fix it so it won't happen again.
I love Webkinz and that's why I keep my account current. But it was their bad customer service and constant glitches that drove me away for several months. (for anyone interested, you CAN go from May to September without using your account, and your pets will NOT go hungry or get sick.) I was buying webkinz 5 and 6 at a time, but since May I have not bought any new ones. Until they fix things I'll only buy the one a year to keep it current. tht makes me sad becvause I enjoy my pets so much. I finally gave WW another try on Sunday. Sunday and last night I had fun "catching up" with my kinz. Then today it's like... same old story.
Was it like this all summer?
Old 10-01-2008, 10:19 PM   #14

amlandefeld is an unknown quantity at this point

I am the grandmother of eleven. This WW was an answer to our being able to stay in touch. But, we have been disillusioned. All of the glitches have created a disappointment to us! I have spent alot of money since I buy one Webkinz for each times 11. We have over 300 plus Webkinz and this doesn't include the ones purchased by the other grandparents and family members. Lately, we are not able to connect much. Our kinzchat phone keeps deleting some of us and the glitches keep locking us out or the games will not play or whatever else occurs...we are really not happy. Yes, the autumn festival was a huge disgrace and I think we were pretty tolerent. When we saw the message "consider the tree shook" we thought this meant it was fixed. We spent alot of wasted time. I guess the message meant that the leaf thing was NOT going to work and all of the leaves were gone. This was SAD! I am at the point of saying we are NOT going to buy anymore pets. There are other sites and pets being offered that do not have the problems. I have contacted Ganz and there have been no replys. Canned answers are not the best. I understand Ganz warrenty said specific wording that basically doesn't guarentee anything but, I would think they want to keep selling product.
amlandefeld is offline Female
Old 10-01-2008, 10:24 PM   #15
Hurray for me the

Penguinworlder is a jewel in the roughPenguinworlder is a jewel in the rough

View Post Originally Posted by amlandefeld
I am the grandmother of eleven. This WW was an answer to our being able to stay in touch. But, we have been disillusioned. All of the glitches have created a disappointment to us! I have spent alot of money since I buy one Webkinz for each times 11. We have over 300 plus Webkinz and this doesn't include the ones purchased by the other grandparents and family members. Lately, we are not able to connect much. Our kinzchat phone keeps deleting some of us and the glitches keep locking us out or the games will not play or whatever else occurs...we are really not happy. Yes, the autumn festival was a huge disgrace and I think we were pretty tolerent. When we saw the message "consider the tree shook" we thought this meant it was fixed. We spent alot of wasted time. I guess the message meant that the leaf thing was NOT going to work and all of the leaves were gone. This was SAD! I am at the point of saying we are NOT going to buy anymore pets. There are other sites and pets being offered that do not have the problems. I have contacted Ganz and there have been no replys. Canned answers are not the best. I understand Ganz warrenty said specific wording that basically doesn't guarentee anything but, I would think they want to keep selling product.
"Consider the Tree Shook." I thought it meant faster leaves..more leaves... I stayed online on WW my eyes and my cousin's eyes wide on the screen the whole time- Not even one leave the whole fall festival. This was a huge dissapointment for me and my entire webbie family.We were extremely Mad. I buy webinz 6 at a time as well, but now I think I'll let my account expire and just get the plushies.
Penguinworlder is offline Female
Old 10-02-2008, 12:06 AM   #16
BuddyGirl3
Gift Guru

KinzMom3 has much to be proud ofKinzMom3 has much to be proud ofKinzMom3 has much to be proud ofKinzMom3 has much to be proud of

Jess427, I feel EXACTLY the way you do. My husband worked for a large software company that everyone would know of. He said the same things you did. I have 3 daughters with accounts. My oldest one wants to play games on Kinzchat plus with her friends from school. She can't cause she is still waiting to have it work on her account. Also, she still gets errors trying to do the vacation thing. My middle one is having her own share of problems with her account, one being that she can't get into Kinzchat Plus either. My youngest is only interested in a few particular items on her account. She is too young to trade, so she tells me what she is willing to let go of...unfortunately, she can't get into the TR on her account either. My oldest daughter said she was sick of wasting her money on something that didn't work. She says she's not spending another dime on them. My middle daughter was so disappointed with FallFest that she's taking a break from Webkinz. She said Ganz made it "not fun anymore". She used her money she was saving for the Blue Jay webkinz, and bought a book instead and Bella Sara Cards. Bella Sara isn't as big as WW, but their site has always worked.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:28 AM   #17
Can't believe I'm a
Gift Guru

snugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wonder

Donation Award 

The fall festival was a huge disappointment to my sons. My sons have been drifting away from Webkinz as they have more interest in sites that run smoothly. My older one was very excited for today to come so he could enter his bat. We were able to get on and get in so I feel fortunate. The problem is I shouldn't feel fortunate.

It should run smoothly. I really enjoy decorating the rooms and I've really gotten into the contests on this site. I'm mostly playing so I can earn KinzCash and decorate. My sons and I just bought my husband his first webbies for his birthday next week, but with all the problems I hesitate to do so.

I just wish they would resolve one problem before they started something else.

Owner of 43 ebkinz and counting
Newest - - Pywacket
snugglebunny72 is offline Female
Old 10-02-2008, 12:51 AM   #18
Gift Trainee

Kaya is on a distinguished road

dido , I totally agree
Old 10-02-2008, 03:29 AM   #19
Gift Trainee

KittyFanatic is a jewel in the roughKittyFanatic is a jewel in the rough

Wow - you would think Ganz would spend a little time listening to the customers!

I have worked in the computer field for over 20 yrs (since back when all we had was a gray tube with light gray type - remember when they added green and amber, and it was a big deal? LOL!). I know they have a monster of a programming deal, with all the interaction, virtual items, updates, reactions of the pets, etc.

I fell in love with the site first because I so admired all the things they had done with it - the animations, interaction and even the things the pets do - it is all so well done for the most part.
I got addicted quickly! (I bought them for my kids first, and then got hooked myself! When I found myself begging to let one of them do their gem hunt, I knew it was time to get my own!) I very much admire web work that has been done well.

But, I have to say that it has not been fun lately to constantly run into the error messages and problems. We have broadband at home, and I cannot imagine trying to access the site with anything less. The kids have accessed it at school, and tell me that it really flies there (the school has a T3 connection) compared to here. However, we still get all kinds of problems too.

I've not been able to use my account since the wee hours of the morning (like 1 am CST) Wednesday. I got logged in briefly tonight, just enough to see that they had added some Halloween goodies and made many cosmetic changes - then I got a gray popup message about some problem, and that I was being logged out! Hmmmmmppphh. I spent the last month making enough KC to go Halloween shopping, and I have a new webbie waiting to be adopted! Instead, I've been locked out for about an entire day now.

I can only imagine the frustration that the parents with kids are feeling. Webkinz isn't cheap to do by any means (unless you are so disciplined, just one a year to keep the subscription up will do you!). I've been disappointed in the quality of the animals, but enjoyed the site well enough to continue. After all, I really wanted to virtuals, not the real things for many of them anyway.
I think it was a really bad idea on Ganz' part, from a business standpoint, to offer virtual-only pets,then charge the same price for them as the ones where you have an actual plush. Since there are no mfg costs involved for a plush, surely they could offer them for a little less! If they are trying to recoup their production costs, higher prices and fewer sales are probably going to add up to less than lower prices and higher sales. (I know we'd all love to have the new bubblegumasaurus, but won't get it at the current price.)

It has been VERY annoying to have Ganz remove the ability to name your own rooms! What were they thinking?? I don't want three rooms named "My Bedroom"! I want things like my hockey room, my baseball room, my Halloween room, The dance center, etcetc! : ( Now, I have so many generic-sounding rooms, I can't even remember which theme it is until I visit it! Might as well leave them as numbers!

I also find the name restrictions to be too strict. It would be much better to just FLAG the accounts that have a questionable combination of letters in their names and follow up on those, rather than restrict everyone who might want a normal name, like Lassie or Bella! : (

Honestly, if I was just now getting started on Webkinz, I'd still like the site, but would not have been as gung-ho on them.

From the programming perspective, everything they do is likely set up in modules, and those modules all need to interact with each other. Big task? You bet? Impossible? Nope! They already have many successful modules to work from, so they are not creating a new wheel. Could I do what they do? Nope, but I do have enough understanding of programming to see what they are doing wrong.

For those adults who sell on sites like eBay, you deal with the same problems - good ideas (okay, maybe some not-so-good ideas too!), slapped together, briefly tested in a few scenarios, and then rolled out site-wide without adequate trial runs. It results in a hoard of unhappy sellers reporting problems, losing information, etc etc.

Ganz is doing the same thing.
The thing is, make what you have excellent, THEN grow! I'd rather have a working trading room than the added vacation site! Allow your programming team to finish a project. Sure, new stuff is important, but as so many are telling you, if it isn't any fun, it won't matter - they'll be on to other sites that work!

(We have ten webbies on their way to us. Right now, I plan on that being the end of my Webkinz family for the most part, unless things change. I'll do enough to keep the subscription, but a big part of the fun was being able to customize it, and trade stuff with others.)

Last edited by KittyFanatic; 10-02-2008 at 03:37 AM.. Reason: correct typos
KittyFanatic is offline Female
Old 10-02-2008, 03:52 AM   #20

Ladyt has disabled reputation

I too agree with what has been said, Im over it!

I have had my account since Christmas (my boys wouldnt let me play with theirs anymore).
I got so addicted I have 64 pets, I wrote reviews for the Australian distributor comparing Webkinz and other products (I now wish I could retract the glowing words I wrote, at least the other site works), I have sourced codes from America, paid way too much to get retired pieces, codes from trading cards, salon products etc. My parents are one of Australia's biggest retailers for Webkinz, I have promoted this product to many many people to help achieve this (with no reward and none expected) and am now very sorry I have.
There is no customer service, there is no consideration for the money we spend on ours pets, and no apologies either.

Today I cannot even get into my room, there is no w shop, no arte, I cant trade or chat, in fact there are only 2 things I can do and they are hourly activites and some arcade games and those are slow and annoying. I have cleared my cache , my history - everything, this does not help. I had to tell my boys no you cant play with your webkinz again today and that was devastating since the youngest just spent 2 months pocket money buying his new pet and they are on school holidays.

Ganz for a giant corporation you are a disappointment, I have one more word for you try giving it to your customers - RESPECT!
Closed