Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2008, 09:21 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

jess427 is on a distinguished road

Exclamation Unanswered: IRATE WEBKINZ BUYER FOR 2! anyone else understand and feel like me??

Hello,

I am the mother of my two daughters that are edited to remove age. sn0wwhite and are the members. However I was reading through blogs with my daughter as I LOVE webkinz too. I was reading the blog " CAN'T GET INTO MY ROOM!!!" and I saw the response from someone who stated "Don't everyone go screaming at Ganz" "If not for Ganz there would be NO webkinz"
I am furious! Like I said I am a mother of two who has purchased OVER 50 webkinz for EACH of my girls NOT TO MENTION all the trading cards, etc, etc, etc... I can understand a FEW glitches but come on!!!! THIS IS RIDICULOUS!! I work for a software company that has programming on the web! I KNOW how things work and run! The company I work for is pretty small! especially compare to GANZ!! If they had a good and real programmer we the customers wouldn't be going through all this! Not to mention prior to uploading ANY programming to the internet we test it for months AND have a SMALL group of customers that get discounts in order to be the guinea pigs to ensure it functions properly! We don't just throw stuff up and then deal with the mess afterwards!! I think after all the hooplah and the advertising about the fall festival that turned out to be the biggest disappointment and let down ever I had my fill but now with this come on!!!!!!!!!!! when do we say enough is enough!!!
They knew about all the fall fest disappointment so did they say hey we are sorry?? Even an email to state that??? A small gift to make up for it???? Come on what would that have cost????
I have NOW emailed them 11 times. I get a response stating they want adult name and phone number and will call but guess what NEVER Happens!!! What service is this!!????
When you are dealing especially with kids you need to ensure you stop anything that will cause the upset and frustration!! They get so worked up and excited and every time anymore GANZ lets them down!!! My girls AGAIN were so worked up with Halloween theme coming and now this!!!!! I am Tired of
Having to comfort our kids after the disappointments and let downs!!!!
Please tell me that anyone that is spending their HARD earned cash on webkinz and webkinz products and NOT just getting them from mom, dad etc understand how I feel???? Or do you think after everything I am just blowing up for no reason????
Please let me know how you feel!!! I really want to know!!!!
Thanks,
Mom of
Jess427

Last edited by sn0wwhite; 10-01-2008 at 09:45 PM..
jess427 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2008, 09:26 PM   #2
elitegymnast0707
Gifted

kkaitlinn94 has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: IRATE WEBKINZ BUYER FOR 2! anyone else understand and feel like me??

yeah fall fest was a huge let down. its sad because there are little kids (no offense to anybody but the site was designed for them) that expect a big fall fest with leaves floating by and great prizes...then nothing. all these new features are just so "out of the blue" and such a surprise to everyone...but nothing works now. i would expect ganz to at least get the programming right so people who want to buy new items from the wshop can do that before they are gone for a year. ive sppent lots of money on webkinz too and yeah you would think they could at least make them work properly
on a more positive note, the name dictionary has been expanded
kkaitlinn94 is offline Female
Old 10-01-2008, 09:32 PM   #3
soozecu
soozecu is on a distinguished road

Default Re: IRATE WEBKINZ BUYER FOR 2! anyone else understand and feel like me??

I feel your pain and totally agree that Ganz must need to fire the group of "programmers" and web designers they have and start all over again. This is a hugely popular website. I'm a grandma of 2 and they always want new Webkinz. Plus, I buy for me too. They aren't cheap and I think with the MILLIONS of dollars they are making they should test and retest before releasing. I know they get a lot of hits, especially with something like the Halloween theme, but...hey.....increase the capacity of the servers. I'm pretty much computer illiterate, but wouldn't that make sense? They've got people playing all over the world and should have the support for that. You know, the gifts are virtual anyway, so like you said, how much could it cost them to hand out gifts when they experience "issues" that cause us so much frustration. Maybe the WI folks can get thru to them, they seem to have an inside track. For sure their customers don't seem to. soozecu
soozecu is offline Female
Old 10-01-2008, 09:38 PM   #4
is a supermom and is
Gifted

anjii has a spectacular aura aboutanjii has a spectacular aura about

I also find it VERY frustrating and WRONG. We are paying customers, and each pet we buy pays for a subscription to the site. It's not a free site for us, and we should be treated like paying subscribers, and that's not what's happening.
anjii is offline Female
Old 10-01-2008, 09:39 PM   #5
cheekeemonki is on a distinguished road

Hmmm I understand your frustration but Shouting never gets you anywhere. Call Ganz and leave a message... they will call you back. If you would like I have a phone number and extension that I can give so that you can talk with a person all that quicker.

I think we should thank Ganz for creating Webkinz and all the fun...
cheekeemonki is offline Female
Old 10-01-2008, 09:43 PM   #6
Gift Guru

AnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellence
AnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellence

Donation Award 

That's what I've been saying anjii, my older kids play WOW and they have to pay for a subscription. It's the same thing when you buy a webkinz. You are renewing your subscription. They don't have problems like this and it's WAY bigger. They just need to expand their servers and staff. They have the money to do so. There is no excuse.
AnthonysMommy is offline Female
Old 10-01-2008, 09:44 PM   #7

Bluefinch is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, and the fall leaves thing was a big letdown, and they spend all their money on promotion things, but the programming on the actual site is what they actually be focusing on, at least a bit. Because really, people are paying money for Webkinz pets, right?
Bluefinch is offline Female
Old 10-01-2008, 09:57 PM   #8
I want to be an actr

westiegirl13 has a spectacular aura about

Talking Re: IRATE WEBKINZ BUYER FOR 2! anyone else understand and feel like me??

I TOTALLY AGREE!!!!!!! I MEAN THIS IS GETTING SSSOOO OUT OF HAND! But a good thing is if you have mozilla firefox it works better on there. But still, it IS ridculous. If you have mozilla firefox or try to get it do so! It ACTUALLY WORKS!!! I was reading a thread on here & it said when you go on press the refresh button while holding the control button down too it will force your computer to get any new software from that website. I hope this helps!!!!!
~~~~ Westiegirl13 ~~~~
P.S.
westiegirl13 is offline Female
Old 10-01-2008, 09:59 PM   #9

lfh1031 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am a mother who has spent a lot of $$ on webbies too. My daughters have around 50 between them (ugh I shudder to think of all that money...lol). I am frustrated, too (maybe not as frustrated as you, though). I don't know a lot about how computer programs work, but I do know that across the web there are plenty of other websites that don't seem to have the problems WW does. My dd's love the plushies but they are getting bored with WW because of all the glitches. Ganz started a great thing with the virtual pet but now there are plenty of other companies following suit. I would think if Ganz is really interested in keeping their market share they would try to fix all the problems with their site. And work on customer service as well. If they don't intend to answer e-mails they shouldn't even give you their e-mail address. If talking to a live person is the best way to solve a problem they should post their phone # more visibly on the site. It is frustrating to get a canned answer to whatever question you might have (which also has to be a canned question since you can't free-text a question! lol). And I do thank Ganz for creating Webkinz and all the fun. But I also get to thank them for teaching my kiddoes about computer glitches (very difficult to explain to a 6-yr-old) and frustration.
Anyway, venting a little has helped. Hope it helped you too, mom of jess.
lfh1031 is offline Female
Old 10-01-2008, 10:07 PM   #10
Hurray for me the

Penguinworlder is a jewel in the roughPenguinworlder is a jewel in the rough

Honestly~~ I Agree.
Ganz can't stcik with one thing at a time. Clubhouse is down for months and we get mypage. Mypage barely works, same with clubhouse. They didnt take their time to work on it. We the paying customers are getting nothing in return for the overpriced stuffed toys and virtual arrangements we get. I myself am ANGRY AND FRUSTRATED with webkinz up to the point I'm about to quit and leave my account to expire. Honestly. I can't even image what its like to have to comfort little children who are so attached to their virtual life. Having to comfort them day after day of dissapointment..On Ganz's Website it shows kids wearing clothes that match the webkinz their holding..with big bright eyed smiles. There is even a page on their site that says webkinz is devoted to helping kids who are sick and need cures..there is a picture of a little girl clearly disabled and in a wheelcahir holding a webkinz and playing with it virtually. Ganz do you CARE that your dissapointing the kids who have to put up with health issues that may never be solved? GANZ! Whats going through your head other then making MONEY!
Penguinworlder is offline Female
Closed