Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2008, 07:43 PM   #1
van
Webkinz :)

vanessajoyce is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Internet Explorer

Hi . . . it's now been two months since I've been able to get into Webkinz World using Microsoft's Internet Explorer. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this might be happening and what I can do to fix it?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2008, 07:44 PM   #2
Monkey_Saw

Default Re: Internet Explorer

Try Fire Fox, or AOL maybe. Check your internet conncection, check pop up blockers and firewalls.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:48 PM   #3
Gifted

crodler is on a distinguished road

1. If you have antivirus software, make sure it is updated, and run a complete scan. If you do not have antivirus software, GET SOME! I recommend Norton Antivirus or McAfee, but if nothing else, use the free AVG stuff.

2. Get an anti-spyware application and install it. I strongly recommend Spyware Doctor, but it is not free. Lavasoft's AdAware is free, and it does the best job of the free stuff that I know of.

3. Do a search (Start --> Search) for the word temp . Delete all the files you can out of any directory called Temp or Temporary Internet Files.

I work in computer support for a living, and there's much more to troubleshoot if that doesn't work. PM me if you would like further assistance.

Good luck!
crodler is offline Female
Old 05-07-2008, 08:24 PM   #4
Wacky Holidays!

SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

Have you tried the following link?:

http://www.webkinz.com/us_en/

or this one?:

http://66.48.69.102/loader4.php?go=l...ser&aol=0&fs=0

Webkinz has moved their homepage and if your firewall doesn't have webkinz.com as a trusted site, then it probably won't redirect properly.

Tonight Webkinz has been really slow and sometimes things aren't loading properly. I had to log off and back on a bunch of times just to get the daily/hourly activities to load.

If the above links don't work, let us know what is happening. Like... Do you just get a white screen?... Or a green "W" loading screen?
SnowCrystal is offline Female
Old 05-08-2008, 07:13 PM   #5
van

I really appreciate everyone's help.

Here are some more details . . . I get the main login screen (so I know Adobe Flash is working). When I click "Log in" a new window is spawned which is only white (no "loading" W). The status bar confirms that the site is trusted.

Last night I also uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Flash, just to confirm there was nothing weird in that area.

I have Norton Anti-virus (and have had for years, long before I ever started using the site). I don't have a specific program that blocks pop-ups but I have pop-up blocking enabled through the browser. I'm not sure I completely understand why that would affect loading the site though.

I'm using IE7. I've uninstalled and reinstalled IE7 a couple times but no change. (We have a laptop that also has IE7 on it and everything loads fine there.) I also have Firefox and Safari loaded on this computer and both of them load the site fine. Just for the record, the site stopped working when I still had IE6 -- I actually upgraded to IE7 hoping that would fix the problem, but, of course, no luck.

I regularly clear all my caches and temp files and just confirmed there is nothing in them at this moment.

Thanks for everyone's help! I just want to get back to using IE7 if I can because I'm seeing more and more glitches in the site that I suspect wouldn't be happening to me if I was using IE7.

Again, thank everyone very much! (And I would do my best to compensate whoever can figure this out for me with a nice Webbie gift. )
Old 05-08-2008, 08:13 PM   #6
Wacky Holidays!

SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

Hi,

If you are using a Mac, some people have seen a conflict with Real Player and Adobe Flash Player. If you can, try disabling the Real Player (if you have it installed) and see if that fixes the problem. You can also uninstall it if you wish (but I think that others said that you can disable it without uninstalling it). Don't disable or uninstall the Adobe Flash Player because it is needed for Webkinz to work.
Old 05-09-2008, 06:57 AM   #7
van

I'm actually on a PC . . . but I do have RealPlayer installed. Should I still disable it? If so, how do I do it? And would I have to keep it disabled? (I use RealPlayer alot for downloading YouTube videos.)

Thanks!
Vanessa
Old 05-09-2008, 12:19 PM   #8
Wacky Holidays!

View Post Originally Posted by vanessajoyce
I'm actually on a PC . . . but I do have RealPlayer installed. Should I still disable it? If so, how do I do it? And would I have to keep it disabled? (I use RealPlayer alot for downloading YouTube videos.)

Thanks!
Vanessa
I don't know how to disable it. I was actually told to install it for my PC by a Webkinz Customer Service Rep. I did, and It was really making my babysitting job go kinda wacky; so I un-installed it. The website I installed it from is: http://www.real.com/ It is probably not your problem though, because even with it installed, I was still able to log in and do almost everything in Webkinz World okay.

There are instructions on how to un-install it and re-install it at http://service.real.com/realplayer/s...on=uninstallRP

Try making an exception to your pop-up blocker for webkinz.com and also webkinz.com/us_en/ and also allowing it as a "trusted" site on all of your firewalls if you have more than one (I know you said that the status bar said the site is trusted, but if you have another firewall it could be blocking it).

If you have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player, that could be your problem. You may have to find the version that they had about 2 months ago. Let me know if this may be your problem and I will try to track down an older version for you (last time I looked older versions were not on the Adobe website).

Are you using AOL? This is what it says in WW "Loading Issues": http://customerservice.webkinz.com/cs/us_en/li.html

"You mentioned that you're having trouble accessing Webkinz World when you use AOL. One reason you might be experiencing this problem is that your parental control settings may be blocking our website. In order to make sure that these settings are in no way impeding on your ability to play in Webkinz world, please follow the steps listed below:

1 Open AOL.
2 Click the "Safety" tab at the top of the page.
3 Scroll down and click on "Parental Controls".
4 Click the "Web Unlock" button (usually in the bottom right corner of the page).
5 Add www.webkinz.com to the list of allowable websites. "

I hope you can track down your trouble, because WW says "If these steps do not solve the problem, please contact your Internet Service Provider for further assistance." LOL - I heard that ISP providers haven't helped with these issues! But, maybe yours will be different (if you try to contact them). I know mine wouldn't be any help because most of the customer service reps for my ISP don't even understand English very well. It took them over 2 hours once to even let me get to the "American" reps so I could get my problem fixed--they told me that I didn't have a problem when I had 0 upload and download from my computer--They kept insisting that they could connect to my computer (which was impossible at the time) and I would have to wait over a month for a previous "work order" to be filled so I could get internet service (like I was a new customer...even though I had their service for over 10 years!) So, I talked to a manager (still out of the country) and she didn't understand English very well either. She also insisted that there was nothing wrong with my connection! After "arguing" with them for over 2 hours they finally "escalated" my problem and I was able to get a repairman out to my house that day. It was a bad line that needed to be replaced and the service man said that there was no way they could have connected to my computer (like they said they did). I am not sure how much these out of the country customer service reps get paid, but you would think that it would be more cost effective to pay for American reps that would have only taken 2 minutes or less to diagnose the problem versus over 2 hours for someone that didn't understand English very well (and couldn't read it very well either...I had previous problems that they were looking up and they didn't get them right either!) Oh well, I digress! LOL

---------- SnowCrystal added 89 Minutes and 23 Seconds later ----------

You said that you have Safari loaded on the same computer... isn't that only for Mac computers? Does it work on an IBM-compatible PC? Just wondering.

Last edited by SnowCrystal; 05-09-2008 at 12:19 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-10-2008, 07:39 PM   #9
van

Thanks for the suggestions.

I'm a little confused by how Adobe Flash could be the issue. But I would assume that Ganz would be using the latest version in their testing considering they give that as a specific instruction ("Be sure you have the latest version.") Do they have some place where they specifically tell you which version they recommend?

I don't see how it can be my internet service provider. Why would my laptop (using the same provider) work and every other site I access work just fine if it was my service provider? I really hate that answer because in my experience with technical service people, it's usually a cop-out and means "I can't answer your question so I'll blame someone else."

(Safari makes a PC version and I have it installed.)

If you think of anything else it could be or hear of another thread in which someone is having the same trouble, I'd really appreciate it. I'm starting to have so many problems with the site, I've put a hiatus on buying any more products. There's no point in being frustrated all the time. I hate to give up completely on Webkinz because I love the site so much, but part of why I started playing Webkinz was because it was relaxing. Glitches are starting to take the relaxation out of it.

Thanks again!
Vanessa

---------- vanessajoyce added 93 Minutes and 37 Seconds later ----------

I've found the answer! I'm posting it here in case someone else runs into the same problem.

The problem is that I have a pay version of RealPlayer that allows you to download movies. If you have the "download" feature enabled through RealPlayer, Webkinz will only show a blank screen when you try to log in. (Probably security related.)

Best part is you do not have to uninstall RealPlayer, only disable the downloading feature temporarily while you're using Webkinz . . . just start RealPlayer . . . go to Tools --> Preferences --> Downloading. Disable the "Downloading" feature by unclicking the checkbox. You can go back and click it back on at any time if you use the download feature on YouTube or other sites.

For some reason this does not happen in Firefox or Safari even though the "download" feature in RealPlayer works in any browser. So if you don't want to disable the download feature in RealPlayer for some reason, just use Mozilla/Foxfire or Apple/Safari to access Webkinz.

Now if only I could only figure out why clicking on anything in the Stadium always gives me errors . . .

Last edited by vanessajoyce; 05-10-2008 at 07:39 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-10-2008, 10:33 PM   #10
Wacky Holidays!

I am glad you figured it out! Thank you for sharing your answer. I am sure you are not the only one this is happening to.

I know a lot of people are having trouble with the stadium. I haven't been having too many issues with the stadium. I think there is a bug that is only happening on some (or one) of the Webkinz servers. There are probably enough people complaining about it so Webkinz is probably aware of the issue and working on it. If it doesn't clear up in a couple of weeks, you could email support@webkinz.com.

Have a wonderful day!

---------- SnowCrystal added 5 Minutes and 16 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by vanessajoyce
Thanks for the suggestions.

I'm a little confused by how Adobe Flash could be the issue. But I would assume that Ganz would be using the latest version in their testing considering they give that as a specific instruction ("Be sure you have the latest version.") Do they have some place where they specifically tell you which version they recommend?
A few weeks ago, Webkinz had a "bulletin" on their home page saying not to install the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player (which was just recently released). They were working on making their programming compatible with the latest version. Since then, they have removed that "bulletin" (which was only up there for a day or two). So, hopefully now the latest version is compatible; but I haven't installed it yet (since the older version is working just fine for me).

Last edited by SnowCrystal; 05-10-2008 at 10:33 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Closed