Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2009, 08:19 AM   #31
Serving Up Wacky
Gift Guru

robertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond words
robertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond words

Default Re: Instructions: How to Clear Your Browser's Cache

Thanks WI ADMIN, this probably needs to be printed often for the newer WW & WI members . every time there a thread on something new someone always has a problem, someone trying to help will advise to clear cache and they send back how do you do that. Thanks, Bob
robertcleveland is offline Male Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2009, 08:38 AM   #32
catman2505
Webkinz :)

catman2505 is an unknown quantity at this point

i have no idea what that means. I"M SO DUMB
catman2505 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 09:51 AM   #33
Unregistered

Angry Re: Instructions: How to Clear Your Browser's Cache

Ugh! It didn't work! They should not be posting things that don't work!
Old 11-13-2009, 01:32 PM   #34
Diabetes Awareness

FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by racrgirl12
For some reason, just clearing the cache the normal way isn't enough for my computer. What I had to do to my computer to get the new updates is as follows.

Close out Webkinz World. Click on Tools in the menu bar. Click Internet Options. Instead of clicking Delete under Browsing History, click settings. Click View Files. One of my computers (running XP) I could click Edit, Select all, then right click and select delete. All the cookies will then be deleted. On my other computer (runnin Vista), had to click each item to delete it. Once those cookies were gone, I logged back into Webkinz World. It took longer than normal to log in, because it was searching for all the new information, but when I got logged in, all the new updates were there. The past few times I've cleaned my cache, I still can't get the updates. But after manually clearing the cookies, it works!

Hope this helps!!
Thanks!

I had the same problem. clearing the cache rebooting and clearing again did nothing. Thanks for the tip. I went a step further because I know there are files I want to keep in there and looked through all the files (thousands? seemed like it) and deleted all but those couple I believed were the ones I really wanted to keep (all the webkinz ones were deleted) I had to reboot once to get a couple of the files. Now things seem to be working again. I can gem hunt again!

Thanks again!

View Post Originally Posted by catman2505
i have no idea what that means. I"M SO DUMB
Not dumb! You just do not know how a computer works. I don't really know how a car works, but I can still drive it. You should be able to use a computer without knowing how it works.

to explain, in not totally accurate laymens terms, but close enough for you to get the idea. The cache is a place your browser stores info from internet sites you have visited (such as wenkinz insider) so that it will load much quicker and easier next time you come to it. It also stores something called "cookies" which are little files that store info - again on sites you have visited - usually to improve your internet experience.

Something in how Ganz handles it updates does not fully take into account the cache and how it works on different systems. While I believe they should be able to handle it, I also know it is harder than most people think. My husband and I have twin systems, built at the dame time with the same parts, but like twins in the real world, they are 2 distinct systems with different quirks. But that leaves us with needing to clear our caches so the update will happen correctly.

I believe that on the front page of this thread is some info on how to clear your cache. If that does not work, get a friend or relative who does know a bit more about how computers work to show you how to do it, and also how to do it manually, where you actually go to the folder (temporary internet files) where all the cookies and other similiar files are stored and how to delete them. Make sure he/she explains it and has you do it, so you can do it in the future if you need to.

I hope this helps. Good Luck!

Last edited by FBmom; 11-13-2009 at 01:32 PM..
FBmom is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 03:39 PM   #35
rosie1960

barbie1960 is just really nicebarbie1960 is just really nice

Thanks so much for all the help! Everytime Ganz has a major update.I have nothing but problems.Maybe by doing what WI suggested I can get things to work on my two Webkinz accounts.Again, thanks for all the help.Everyone have a great day and God bless.:bt::clyde::el1::goo:
barbie1960 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 12:20 PM   #36
Mathwiz124

Smile Re: Instructions: How to Clear Your Browser's Cache

Wow, this really helped! now my items work better.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:13 PM   #37

KraziiKinz123 has a spectacular aura about

i still can't see kinzville park.... its been open for a while and i cleared my cache many times.... ill restart my comp but its not going to work...... :/ i really want to go!

View Post Originally Posted by KraziiKinz123
i still can't see kinzville park.... its been open for a while and i cleared my cache many times.... ill restart my comp but its not going to work...... :/ i really want to go!
nope. didnt work. UGHH!! ......

Last edited by KraziiKinz123; 11-14-2009 at 03:13 PM..
KraziiKinz123 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:25 AM   #38

angelique1958 is on a distinguished road

Donation Award 

Thanks for that reminder
angelique1958 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 05:04 PM   #39
Lil Kinz
FiZZyPOPxo is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for helping us!
FiZZyPOPxo is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 05:32 PM   #40
Swim, Write, Music
Gift Guru

MarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be great
MarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be great

Thank you so much Admin
MarielofRedwall is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
goldendoodle, googles always prevail, holly(:, luv14 says thanks!, mockingjay, pawsome thread! -luree, property of the hbp, puppyloves wuz here!