Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2012, 06:36 PM   #21
Peaches luvd Wacky
Gift Guru

jasonaldeanmg has disabled reputation

Default Re: IMPORTANT! Need help!

Photobucket
1. Does it cost money? NO
2. Do you have to sign up for it and be a member? Yes, but this is a good thing. Because if you want to use an image later, you don't have to reupload it. It all right there.
3. Is there a limit to the size of photo you can upload? Nope
4. Is there a limited number of photos you can upload? Well I have 455 pictures, I am at 3% full.
5. Is it prone for viruses? No
6. How public are the photos you upload? You can change the setting to public or private.
7. Is it a clean, morally safe site? Yes
8. Is it easy to navigate?Yes
9. Is it like WI albums, where you can easily work with pics you already uploaded? Yes
10. Does it take JPEG, PNG, and GIF? Pretty sure yes.
11. If I have to sign up, does it show my personal information? No.
12. Do I get lots of E-mails and spam from the site? Nope. I don't get any.

jasonaldeanmg is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2012, 06:46 PM   #22
arriors and a Fox
Webkinz :)

KatieKinz8 is a WI addict!
KatieKinz8 is a WI addict!KatieKinz8 is a WI addict!KatieKinz8 is a WI addict!KatieKinz8 is a WI addict!KatieKinz8 is a WI addict!KatieKinz8 is a WI addict!KatieKinz8 is a WI addict!KatieKinz8 is a WI addict!

OH YEAH! Photobucket looks awesome.

Note: I don't mind making an account as long as I don't get E-mails and I don't show my personal info.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:26 PM   #23
crybaby
Gifted
889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous
889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous

Name of site: Tinypic

1. Does it cost money? No
2. Do you have to sign up for it and be a member? No
3. Is there a limit to the size of photo you can upload? no
4. Is there a limited number of photos you can upload? No
5. Is it prone for viruses? No viruses from there for 2 years
6. How public are the photos you upload? Not public at all
7. Is it a clean, morally safe site? yes.
8. Is it easy to navigate? Yes
9. Is it like WI albums, where you can easily work with pics you already uploaded? its saves 3 pictures you last uploaded, and you can edit how they look too.
10. Does it take JPEG, PNG, and GIF? yes
11. If I have to sign up, does it show my personal information? N/A
12. Do I get lots of E-mails and spam from the site? No

Just to let you know, DON'T USE IMGUR!! I got viruses from it!!
889wlry is offline Female
Old 03-11-2012, 10:20 PM   #24
arriors and a Fox

KatieKinz8 is a WI addict!KatieKinz8 is a WI addict!KatieKinz8 is a WI addict!KatieKinz8 is a WI addict!KatieKinz8 is a WI addict!KatieKinz8 is a WI addict!KatieKinz8 is a WI addict!KatieKinz8 is a WI addict!

OK, thanks for the warning!
Old 03-11-2012, 11:55 PM   #25
Glad to be
Gifted

tiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellence
tiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellence

To answer chatterbox4eva39: Yeah, but that's only if you make an account. If you don't, you could put up literally infinity and you would not have any limit at all.

Sorry, I can't answer your new questions since I do not have an account on Imgur.
tiffc is offline Female
Old 03-12-2012, 05:40 PM   #26
arriors and a Fox

That's fine, thanks!

So far I know a lot about tinypic, I'm wondering about photobucket. Maybe I should get the memo on how to navigate it and how it works and such. I notice that it's tied into Tinypic.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:56 PM   #27
BennyBeagle is a golden guideBennyBeagle is a golden guideBennyBeagle is a golden guideBennyBeagle is a golden guideBennyBeagle is a golden guideBennyBeagle is a golden guideBennyBeagle is a golden guideBennyBeagle is a golden guideBennyBeagle is a golden guideBennyBeagle is a golden guideBennyBeagle is a golden guideBennyBeagle is a golden guideBennyBeagle is a golden guide

Name of site: TinyPic.com

1. Does it cost money? No
2. Do you have to sign up for it and be a member? No, but you can if you want.
3. Is there a limit to the size of photo you can upload? Probably, bu I don't know
4. Is there a limited number of photos you can upload? Don't think so.
5. Is it prone for viruses? No
6. How public are the photos you upload? I'm not sure.
7. Is it a clean, morally safe site? Pretty much.
8. Is it easy to navigate? Yes.
9. Is it like WI albums, where you can easily work with pics you already uploaded? Not really, with me at least, I always have to upload things again.
10. Does it take JPEG, PNG, and GIF? Yes.
11. If I have to sign up, does it show my personal information? IDK, don't have an account.
12. Do I get lots of E-mails and spam from the site? ^^
Old 03-13-2012, 07:23 PM   #28
GLUB GLUB ♥
Gift Guru

Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!
Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!

Hi Katie!
I hope you find these answers helpful.
I was shocked by how few photobucket answers there were.
In comparison to the others.
Photobucket is my favorite and thought I'd go ahead and provide my answers.

1. Does it cost money? Nope! Photobucket is FREE! But like other sites, you can pay for a pro version of photobucket which pretty much gives you unlimited Bandwidth and no ads. Ads aren't a bother for me, and a lot of internet programs give you ad blockers and such. Some of the ads have sound, but considering it is free, I don't mind the sound. Bandwidth is the limit to how many people can view your photos. If one of your uploaded images gets too many views (say its posted on WI somewhere) it can exceed the bandwidth for the month (or the number of views it can have) and won't show up until the month is over since it can't have any more views. If that makes sense. I've never had that happen to me, but it happens to people who get 10000000000000000 image views. You really have nothing to worry about with that, I just thought I'd throw that out there.

2. Do you have to sign up for it and be a member? Yes, you do need an account to access and upload images to photobucket.

3. Is there a limit to the size of photo you can upload? Nope. Although, if an image is too large in KB size, photobucket will sometimes automatically resize it. However, most images are not effected by this and it really only effects images that are dimensions of 1000x1000 or more.

4. Is there a limited number of photos you can upload? I believe at one time there was a limit to the amount of photos you could upload. However, they did away with that.

5. Is it prone for viruses? I've never got a virus from photobucket. It is like any other site and has the potential for viruses (even WI does!). With a good virus blocker on your internet or computer that will eliminate the possibility. Virus blocker is probably already on your computer.

6. How public are the photos you upload? As public as you'd like for them to be! You can set your photos to be viewed by EVERYONE, No one, or people that know your album password. You can also create sub-albums and make certain albums private and certain ones public. If you create a photobucket account you'll have to change it to private under account settings because it is defaulted to public. Just to let you know.

7. Is it a clean, morally safe site? With any other site there's some graphic images floating around. Blood and gore specifically. The ads are clean, but you might see gore. Other material is against photobucket's terms and conditions. The only way you'll possibly see gore is if you search the other photos for it. In otherwords, if you search photobucket for something you MIGHT see it because of mismatched tags and such. But if you're just logging in and uploading things without searching through other's uploaded photos you won't see it. If that makes sense.

8. Is it easy to navigate? VERY! Photobucket allows you to create albums, sub-albums and even smaller albums. You can create tons of albums within albums. This keeps your images completely organized and VERY easy to navigate. They also have a nifty bar at the top with the main links "Home, Album, Explore" (I believe that's the tabs). With sub links under each.

9. Is it like WI albums, where you can easily work with pics you already uploaded?
It is similar, but better! You can edit photos, delete, and move them like you can on here. Photobucket supports photo editing where you can rotate, crop, and physically edit your photos. It only supports minimal editing, but is nice if your photo is turned the wrong way. You can also move photos around and delete them. However, BEWARE of moving and deleting them. If you post an image here it has an URL. When you move the image or delete it the URL breaks or erases. So you have to be careful when moving images. That's the same for every site because the URL is ALWAYS different when you delete/reupload/move an image. I suggest making sure where it goes is where you want it so you don't have to worry about that.

10. Does it take JPEG, PNG, and GIF? ALL OF THE ABOVE! Photobucket supports all these files.

11. If I have to sign up, does it show my personal information? Nope. Again, that can be set to private (and might already be private). Typically this information is gathered for their use. It only asks for your email address, gender, birthday, and zipcode. All of which can be set to private and might not be viewable anyway.

12. Do I get lots of E-mails and spam from the site?
Yes. But there is an option under your account settings to turn off emails from photobucket about promotions and new features.

I've had a photobucket account for probably 8 years or better. My images are still all there and in the same state I left them. I've had multiple other accounts sense then, and definitely recommend photobucket to anyone.

I hope this helps!
Blythe is offline Female
Old 03-13-2012, 09:03 PM   #29
crybaby
Gifted
889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous
889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous

View Post Originally Posted by KatieKinz8
OK, thanks for the warning!
No problem.
889wlry is offline Female
Old 03-13-2012, 10:13 PM   #30
arriors and a Fox

View Post Originally Posted by Blythe
Hi Katie!
I hope you find these answers helpful.
I was shocked by how few photobucket answers there were.
In comparison to the others.
Photobucket is my favorite and thought I'd go ahead and provide my answers.

1. Does it cost money? Nope! Photobucket is FREE! But like other sites, you can pay for a pro version of photobucket which pretty much gives you unlimited Bandwidth and no ads. Ads aren't a bother for me, and a lot of internet programs give you ad blockers and such. Some of the ads have sound, but considering it is free, I don't mind the sound. Bandwidth is the limit to how many people can view your photos. If one of your uploaded images gets too many views (say its posted on WI somewhere) it can exceed the bandwidth for the month (or the number of views it can have) and won't show up until the month is over since it can't have any more views. If that makes sense. I've never had that happen to me, but it happens to people who get 10000000000000000 image views. You really have nothing to worry about with that, I just thought I'd throw that out there.

OK that's fine with me!

2. Do you have to sign up for it and be a member? Yes, you do need an account to access and upload images to photobucket.

I don't mind, as long as 11 and 12 question requirements are met.

3. Is there a limit to the size of photo you can upload? Nope. Although, if an image is too large in KB size, photobucket will sometimes automatically resize it. However, most images are not effected by this and it really only effects images that are dimensions of 1000x1000 or more.

OK, do you know what the KB size is? (I make gifs that are about what a bit over 600 KB, will they be OK with the dimensions? )

4. Is there a limited number of photos you can upload? I believe at one time there was a limit to the amount of photos you could upload. However, they did away with that.

Oh good! No more 100 pics only on WI albums.

5. Is it prone for viruses? I've never got a virus from photobucket. It is like any other site and has the potential for viruses (even WI does!). With a good virus blocker on your internet or computer that will eliminate the possibility. Virus blocker is probably already on your computer.

Thanks for the warning/advice. I have some programs on here I can use to keep the computer clean.

6. How public are the photos you upload? As public as you'd like for them to be! You can set your photos to be viewed by EVERYONE, No one, or people that know your album password. You can also create sub-albums and make certain albums private and certain ones public. If you create a photobucket account you'll have to change it to private under account settings because it is defaulted to public. Just to let you know.

See, these "How to navigate" explanations are super helpful to me, thank you.

7. Is it a clean, morally safe site? With any other site there's some graphic images floating around. Blood and gore specifically. The ads are clean, but you might see gore. Other material is against photobucket's terms and conditions. The only way you'll possibly see gore is if you search the other photos for it. In otherwords, if you search photobucket for something you MIGHT see it because of mismatched tags and such. But if you're just logging in and uploading things without searching through other's uploaded photos you won't see it. If that makes sense.

Thanks so much for the warning, fortunately I do all my pic hunting on Google (with the filter set on "strict") so I probably won't run into those.

8. Is it easy to navigate? VERY! Photobucket allows you to create albums, sub-albums and even smaller albums. You can create tons of albums within albums. This keeps your images completely organized and VERY easy to navigate. They also have a nifty bar at the top with the main links "Home, Album, Explore" (I believe that's the tabs). With sub links under each.

Again, love the explanation. Thanks for that!

9. Is it like WI albums, where you can easily work with pics you already uploaded?
It is similar, but better! You can edit photos, delete, and move them like you can on here. Photobucket supports photo editing where you can rotate, crop, and physically edit your photos. It only supports minimal editing, but is nice if your photo is turned the wrong way. You can also move photos around and delete them. However, BEWARE of moving and deleting them. If you post an image here it has an URL. When you move the image or delete it the URL breaks or erases. So you have to be careful when moving images. That's the same for every site because the URL is ALWAYS different when you delete/reupload/move an image. I suggest making sure where it goes is where you want it so you don't have to worry about that.

Actually I have dealt with that in the past (server switch made all my pic links out of date) so I think I'll be OK.

10. Does it take JPEG, PNG, and GIF? ALL OF THE ABOVE! Photobucket supports all these files.

Great! And of course I just hope my gifs will fit on there (they don't fit directly on WI ).

11. If I have to sign up, does it show my personal information? Nope. Again, that can be set to private (and might already be private). Typically this information is gathered for their use. It only asks for your email address, gender, birthday, and zipcode. All of which can be set to private and might not be viewable anyway.

OK! I wonder if I get to pick a cool username.

12. Do I get lots of E-mails and spam from the site?
Yes. But there is an option under your account settings to turn off emails from photobucket about promotions and new features.

Oh, good.

I've had a photobucket account for probably 8 years or better. My images are still all there and in the same state I left them. I've had multiple other accounts sense then, and definitely recommend photobucket to anyone.

I hope this helps!
Most helpful fill-out so far, and photobucket definitely is the one that has me the most interested, so thanks so so much!!

Hey, guys, I'm trying out something with Dropbox. Oh boy do I hope WI doesn't think this is hotlinking.

Click the image to open in full size.

Yaaay it works! For now.....

Last edited by KatieKinz8; 03-13-2012 at 10:16 PM..
Closed

Tags
alfredxmaddie, jellydonut!, jesus loves you!, pictures, programs, sites, uploading