Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2012, 01:24 PM   #1
arriors and a Fox
Webkinz :)

KatieKinz8 is a WI addict!
KatieKinz8 is a WI addict!KatieKinz8 is a WI addict!KatieKinz8 is a WI addict!KatieKinz8 is a WI addict!KatieKinz8 is a WI addict!KatieKinz8 is a WI addict!KatieKinz8 is a WI addict!KatieKinz8 is a WI addict!KatieKinz8 is a WI addict!

Red face Answered: IMPORTANT! Need help!

12 questions for those of you who upload your pictures to WI using something other than albums and attachments! Tinypic, photobucket, lunapic, anything.

Whichever program you use, fill the form out for that site, putting its name on the top, so I know which one you're talking about. If you use multiple programs, fill the form out once for each site please!

Spoiler: show
Name of site:

1. Does it cost money?
2. Do you have to sign up for it and be a member?
3. Is there a limit to the size of photo you can upload?
4. Is there a limited number of photos you can upload?
5. Is it prone for viruses?
6. How public are the photos you upload?
7. Is it a clean, morally safe site?
8. Is it easy to navigate?
9. Is it like WI albums, where you can easily work with pics you already uploaded?
10. Does it take JPEG, PNG, and GIF?
11. If I have to sign up, does it show my personal information?
12. Do I get lots of E-mails and spam from the site?

Please answer honestly, I'm thinking about asking my parents' permission to use something other than my WI albums, and I need to do some research, so this is how you can help me. If anything in here is unclear, let me know and ask about it and I will see if I can explain it to ya.

Since I use WI albums, this is how my form would look:

Spoiler: show
Name of site: Webkinz Insider (albums)

1. Does it cost money? No. It's free.
2. Do you have to sign up for it and be a member? Yes.
3. Is there a limit to the size of photo you can upload? Yeah.
4. Is there a limited number of photos you can upload? Yes, 100.
5. Is it prone for viruses? Nope.
6. How public are the photos you upload? Anyone who stops by your profile and sees your albums.
7. Is it a clean, morally safe site? Pretty clean.
8. Is it easy to navigate? Once you get the hang of it.
9. Is it like WI albums, where you can easily work with pics you already uploaded? LOL yup!
10. Does it take JPEG, PNG, and GIF? Yeah, but the gifs hafta be small.
11. If I have to sign up, does it show my personal information? No.
12. Do I get lots of E-mails and spam from the site? Nope.

OK, so people are finding question 9 a little confusing.
My point is, on WI, I can edit the names of my pictures, delete them, use and reuse the links, and view them whenever I feel like it. I like being able to access and work with my pictures in this way. I'm wondering how easy it is to work with pictures in the sites I'm curious about. Can you revisit your pictures? Can you reuse links when you need to? Can you find them in a certain place, where all your pictures are, or do you have to search through billions of strangers' uploads? I find this one kinda important. Hope this helps you guys--you have been super helpful to me.

IMPORTANT UPDATE: I have added 2 new questions, both of them super important. I would like to see answers on those please! Thanks.

Thanks, God bless you!

EDIT: OK, guys, thanks so much for your help! Listen, my Dad told me that I can put pictures in Dropbox and get a URL from them! I looked it up, now I know how, and so far, it works.

So I won't be using the programs mentioned, but remember this: YOUR HELP WAS NOT IN VAIN. THIS WAS NOT FOR NOTHING. I say you have all been AMAZINGLY helpful and I thank you so much for it. I'm gonna mark my last post best answer because I can only pick one post but you were all suuuuper helpful.

Remember that!

Last edited by KatieKinz8; 03-13-2012 at 10:19 PM..
Best Answer - Posted by KatieKinz8
View Post Originally Posted by Blythe
Hi Katie!
I hope you find these answers helpful.
I was shocked by how few photobucket answers there were.
In comparison to the others.
Photobucket is my favorite and thought I'd go ahead and provide my answers.

1. Does it cost money? Nope! Photobucket is FREE! But like other sites, you can pay for a pro version of photobucket which pretty much gives you unlimited Bandwidth and no ads. Ads aren't a bother for me, and a lot of internet programs give you ad blockers and such. Some of the ads have sound, but considering it is free, I don't mind the sound. Bandwidth is the limit to how many people can view your photos. If one of your uploaded images gets too many views (say its posted on WI somewhere) it can exceed the bandwidth for the month (or the number of views it can have) and won't show up until the month is over since it can't have any more views. If that makes sense. I've never had that happen to me, but it happens to people who get 10000000000000000 image views. You really have nothing to worry about with that, I just thought I'd throw that out there.

OK that's fine with me!

2. Do you have to sign up for it and be a member? Yes, you do need an account to access and upload images to photobucket.

I don't mind, as long as 11 and 12 question requirements are met.

3. Is there a limit to the size of photo you can upload? Nope. Although, if an image is too large in KB size, photobucket will sometimes automatically resize it. However, most images are not effected by this and it really only effects images that are dimensions of 1000x1000 or more.

OK, do you know what the KB size is? (I make gifs that are about what a bit over 600 KB, will they be OK with the dimensions? )

4. Is there a limited number of photos you can upload? I believe at one time there was a limit to the amount of photos you could upload. However, they did away with that.

Oh good! No more 100 pics only on WI albums.

5. Is it prone for viruses? I've never got a virus from photobucket. It is like any other site and has the potential for viruses (even WI does!). With a good virus blocker on your internet or computer that will eliminate the possibility. Virus blocker is probably already on your computer.

Thanks for the warning/advice. I have some programs on here I can use to keep the computer clean.

6. How public are the photos you upload? As public as you'd like for them to be! You can set your photos to be viewed by EVERYONE, No one, or people that know your album password. You can also create sub-albums and make certain albums private and certain ones public. If you create a photobucket account you'll have to change it to private under account settings because it is defaulted to public. Just to let you know.

See, these "How to navigate" explanations are super helpful to me, thank you.

7. Is it a clean, morally safe site? With any other site there's some graphic images floating around. Blood and gore specifically. The ads are clean, but you might see gore. Other material is against photobucket's terms and conditions. The only way you'll possibly see gore is if you search the other photos for it. In otherwords, if you search photobucket for something you MIGHT see it because of mismatched tags and such. But if you're just logging in and uploading things without searching through other's uploaded photos you won't see it. If that makes sense.

Thanks so much for the warning, fortunately I do all my pic hunting on Google (with the filter set on "strict") so I probably won't run into those.

8. Is it easy to navigate? VERY! Photobucket allows you to create albums, sub-albums and even smaller albums. You can create tons of albums within albums. This keeps your images completely organized and VERY easy to navigate. They also have a nifty bar at the top with the main links "Home, Album, Explore" (I believe that's the tabs). With sub links under each.

Again, love the explanation. Thanks for that!

9. Is it like WI albums, where you can easily work with pics you already uploaded?
It is similar, but better! You can edit photos, delete, and move them like you can on here. Photobucket supports photo editing where you can rotate, crop, and physically edit your photos. It only supports minimal editing, but is nice if your photo is turned the wrong way. You can also move photos around and delete them. However, BEWARE of moving and deleting them. If you post an image here it has an URL. When you move the image or delete it the URL breaks or erases. So you have to be careful when moving images. That's the same for every site because the URL is ALWAYS different when you delete/reupload/move an image. I suggest making sure where it goes is where you want it so you don't have to worry about that.

Actually I have dealt with that in the past (server switch made all my pic links out of date) so I think I'll be OK.

10. Does it take JPEG, PNG, and GIF? ALL OF THE ABOVE! Photobucket supports all these files.

Great! And of course I just hope my gifs will fit on there (they don't fit directly on WI ).

11. If I have to sign up, does it show my personal information? Nope. Again, that can be set to private (and might already be private). Typically this information is gathered for their use. It only asks for your email address, gender, birthday, and zipcode. All of which can be set to private and might not be viewable anyway.

OK! I wonder if I get to pick a cool username.

12. Do I get lots of E-mails and spam from the site?
Yes. But there is an option under your account settings to turn off emails from photobucket about promotions and new features.

Oh, good.

I've had a photobucket account for probably 8 years or better. My images are still all there and in the same state I left them. I've had multiple other accounts sense then, and definitely recommend photobucket to anyone.

I hope this helps!
Most helpful fill-out so far, and photobucket definitely is the one that has me the most interested, so thanks so so much!!

Hey, guys, I'm trying out something with Dropbox. Oh boy do I hope WI doesn't think this is hotlinking.

Click the image to open in full size.

Yaaay it works! For now.....
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2012, 01:30 PM   #2
Gifted

Cheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fish
Cheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fish

Default Re: IMPORTANT! Need help!

Name of site: Tinypic

1. Does it cost money? Nope
2. Do you have to sign up for it and be a member? Nope
3. Is there a limit to the size of photo you can upload? I don't believe so.
4. Is there a limited number of photos you can upload? I'm pretty sure there is no limit
5. Is it prone for viruses? I've never gotten any viruses from the site.
6. How public are the photos you upload? I'm unsure of how public they are.
7. Is it a clean, morally safe site? I'd say it is.
8. Is it easy to navigate? Yep, very simple site
9. Is it like WI albums, where you can easily work with pics you already uploaded? It keeps the last 3 of your uploads at the bottom of the page
10. Any other important info? It only takes like a minute to upload your pictures, very quick and easy site to use. However, the images do get deleted off of their site (not sure after how long) so this would be a site you use to say upload a birthday message. Not really something you'd use if you wanted the picture to say for a long period of time.

Name of site: Photobucket

2. Do you have to sign up for it and be a member? Yes, you do need to be a member
3. Is there a limit to the size of photo you can upload? I'm unsure on this one, sorry.
4. Is there a limited number of photos you can upload? I don't believe so (if there is, I don't think you need to worry about it. I have seen members with over 2000 pictures uploaded on their accounts)
5. Is it prone for viruses? I've never gotten a virus from there.
6. How public are the photos you upload? You can select to upload your pictures to a private album
7. Is it a clean, morally safe site? Yes, I'd say it is
8. Is it easy to navigate? It's pretty simple
9. Is it like WI albums, where you can easily work with pics you already uploaded? Yes it is very easy to work with the pictures you have already uploaded
10. Any other important info? A great site to use.

I hope this helps a bit
Cheesy1 is offline Female
Old 03-10-2012, 01:32 PM   #3
#merome

bunny90210 is an unparalleled talent
bunny90210 is an unparalleled talentbunny90210 is an unparalleled talentbunny90210 is an unparalleled talentbunny90210 is an unparalleled talentbunny90210 is an unparalleled talentbunny90210 is an unparalleled talentbunny90210 is an unparalleled talentbunny90210 is an unparalleled talentbunny90210 is an unparalleled talentbunny90210 is an unparalleled talent

2. Do you have to sign up for it and be a member? Nope
3. Is there a limit to the size of photo you can upload? Nope
4. Is there a limited number of photos you can upload? Well if you sign up for it (you dont have to) you can upload up to 3 pictures at a time. if youe not (like me) you can only upload 1 at a time.
5. Is it prone for viruses? only if you click the ads which say stuff like "You are the 999999999 visitor! Click here for your prize!!" other then that, i dont know it is
6. How public are the photos you upload? i think you can they only show your photos if your a member
7. Is it a clean, morally safe site? yes
8. Is it easy to navigate? yes
9. Is it like WI albums, where you can easily work with pics you already uploaded? sorta i guess. it shows you your last 3 uploads
10. Any other important info? once you click "Upload" it takes you to a thing where you have to type the words they give you.
bunny90210 is offline Female
Old 03-10-2012, 01:59 PM   #4
arriors and a Fox

KatieKinz8 is a WI addict!
KatieKinz8 is a WI addict!KatieKinz8 is a WI addict!KatieKinz8 is a WI addict!KatieKinz8 is a WI addict!KatieKinz8 is a WI addict!KatieKinz8 is a WI addict!KatieKinz8 is a WI addict!KatieKinz8 is a WI addict!KatieKinz8 is a WI addict!

LOL thanks so much guys! So I have a general on photobucket and tinypic.
Old 03-10-2012, 02:12 PM   #5

swimmergal20+ has disabled reputation

imgur

1. Does it cost money? no
2. Do you have to sign up for it and be a member? no
3. Is there a limit to the size of photo you can upload? no
4. Is there a limited number of photos you can upload? no
5. Is it prone for viruses? no
6. How public are the photos you upload? i don't think they're public but i'm not 100% sure
7. Is it a clean, morally safe site? yeah
8. Is it easy to navigate? yes
9. Is it like WI albums, where you can easily work with pics you already uploaded? no
10. Does it take JPEG, PNG, and GIF? yes
Old 03-10-2012, 02:44 PM   #6
Banned
jellydonut is an unparalleled talent
jellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talent

2. Do you have to sign up for it and be a member? No
3. Is there a limit to the size of photo you can upload? Not that I know of
4. Is there a limited number of photos you can upload? No
5. Is it prone for viruses? Never
6. How public are the photos you upload? Their not public unless you have an account and set them to public
7. Is it a clean, morally safe site? totally
8. Is it easy to navigate? after using it like 3 times, yes
9. Is it like WI albums, where you can easily work with pics you already uploaded? not sure what you mean
10. Does it take JPEG, PNG, and GIF? Yes, and more
jellydonut is offline Female
Old 03-10-2012, 02:52 PM   #7
Gifted

WackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicness
WackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicness

Tinypic

1. Does it cost money? No
3. Is there a limit to the size of photo you can upload? Not that I know of. . . if there is, I've never uploaded a photo that's too big
4. Is there a limited number of photos you can upload? You can only upload one at a time. but then you can go back and upload another endlessly
5. Is it prone for viruses? Nope
6. How public are the photos you upload? Only I can see them
7. Is it a clean, morally safe site? Mostly-- See, people post pictures and stuff on there, but I just use it for uploading. At the bottom of the screen, it displays pictures that other people posted, and sometimes they'll be a bad word in one of them, but I've never seen anything that's really awful
8. Is it easy to navigate? Yep
9. Is it like WI albums, where you can easily work with pics you already uploaded? I don't quite understand this. Work with them how?
10. Does it take JPEG, PNG, and GIF?
Yep
WackyZingoz211 is offline Female
Old 03-10-2012, 02:54 PM   #8
Alyssa

alyssa338 is a golden guidealyssa338 is a golden guidealyssa338 is a golden guidealyssa338 is a golden guidealyssa338 is a golden guidealyssa338 is a golden guidealyssa338 is a golden guidealyssa338 is a golden guidealyssa338 is a golden guidealyssa338 is a golden guidealyssa338 is a golden guidealyssa338 is a golden guidealyssa338 is a golden guide

Name of site:
tinypic
1. Does it cost money?no
2. Do you have to sign up for it and be a member?no
3. Is there a limit to the size of photo you can upload?no
4. Is there a limited number of photos you can upload?no
5. Is it prone for viruses?no
6. How public are the photos you upload?not at all
7. Is it a clean, morally safe site?yes
8. Is it easy to navigate?yes
9. Is it like WI albums, where you can easily work with pics you already uploaded?only the last 3 pics
10. Does it take JPEG, PNG, and GIF? yes
alyssa338 is offline Female
Old 03-10-2012, 03:00 PM   #9

Aikou is a saintly comradeAikou is a saintly comradeAikou is a saintly comradeAikou is a saintly comrade
Aikou is a saintly comradeAikou is a saintly comradeAikou is a saintly comrade

1. Does it cost money? of course not.
2. Do you have to sign up for it and be a member? Not at all
3. Is there a limit to the size of photo you can upload? I'm not sure.. I think it was under 5 MB? But that's pretty darn huge, so you'd have no problem.
4. Is there a limited number of photos you can upload? No
5. Is it prone for viruses? I've never gotten a virus from it.
6. How public are the photos you upload? I don't think they're made public.
7. Is it a clean, morally safe site? Of course
8. Is it easy to navigate? Yes, it's really easy to use.
9. Is it like WI albums, where you can easily work with pics you already uploaded? It only shows 3 of your most recent uploads..
10. Does it take JPEG, PNG, and GIF? OF COURSE xD

*tinypic makes you enter a security code to prevent spam uploads or something.. so I find this a bit annoying.

Name of site: imgur

1. Does it cost money? No
3. Is there a limit to the size of photo you can upload? Not that I know of
4. Is there a limited number of photos you can upload? Nope
5. Is it prone for viruses? Not that I know of.
6. How public are the photos you upload? I don't think they're public.
7. Is it a clean, morally safe site? Some pictures (from "Sponsered images from other sites". I think they're ads of some sort) may be displayed.. I think I have seen a few slightly innapropriate pictures? idk. Maybe they're just weird pics.
8. Is it easy to navigate? Yup.
9. Is it like WI albums, where you can easily work with pics you already uploaded? Not sure. :/
10. Does it take JPEG, PNG, and GIF? Yes.

I hope this helps you. c:
Aikou is offline Female
Old 03-10-2012, 03:24 PM   #10
ould you?
Gift Guru

Amygirl8 has disabled reputation

I think you have a general idea of tinypic. I just wanted to add, if you become a member you'll be able to access all the pictures you've uploaded, and sort them into albums.
Amygirl8 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
alfredxmaddie, jellydonut!, jesus loves you!, pictures, programs, sites, uploading