Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2008, 09:38 AM   #21
ill work for webkinz
Gift Guru

CindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guide

Default Re: I'm Done!!

Okay, I've got to chime in here. I agree that glitches come up, and we have to be patient when those occur. HOWEVER, since I work in a technical area (and specifically maintain our internal website, which is for executives) I can safely say that THERE IS NO EXCUSE for taking the site down for updates/maintenance during the day. Most websites are maintained/updated on a daily basis; webkinz.com is no different. The difference is that they don't seem to care who they are inconveniencing; all they care about is that their developers don't have to work extra hours or hours outside of normal business times. They could easily post a schedule of downtimes - but they don't.

I really feel sorry for the kids, who don't have as much time as we adults, to patiently wait for the website to get fixed. The whole fall festival thing was such a joke - I'm really glad I was able to "catch" leaves for my sons since by the time they got home from school, everything was messed up.
CindyMommy is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2008, 09:47 AM   #22
Webkinz :)

albinomex is a name known to allalbinomex is a name known to allalbinomex is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by reya
You know I was just thinking the other day about how we are all so frustrated with the glitches and such. What about the new members, every day there is someone new receiving a Webkinz as a gift or picking one up for the first time. They most likely haven't found WI yet and don't know what is going on, so imagine how confusing and frustrating it was for them to log on and not be able to do the daily events for days. I know that was the first things my daughters thoroughly enjoyed about the site.

I think that it's all the more reason that Ganz find a way to communicate with the users to let them know what is going on. It shouldn't be that difficult for them to add a page to the newspaper for this information or for them to put a newspaper article up explaining the problems and what they are doing to fix it.

GREAT IDEA!!!!!!!!!!! They should totally do that! I know I was trying to explain to my niece & lil' cousins when we signed their webbies up that they have begun to do a lot of maintenance, because they would call me frustrated with their accts. It's sad that the kids have to pay for it! I as an adult get very frustrated at times, so I know the younger ones really are confused! They should give out more information as to what is going on, so the customers do not give up on them!
I am too in love with it to give up just yet, but man are they pushing it lately!
I hope they will get it worked out for everyone's sake!
They should know that if everyone stops buying they would feel that pain, so get those "glitches" fixed already!!!

OK...I'm done.

I hope you all have a TErrific Thursday!!! (After maintenance Maybe!)
albinomex is offline Female
Old 10-16-2008, 10:00 AM   #23
hy not become a
Gift Guru

Robmomm has disabled reputation

Donation Award 

I just wish that Ganz would communicate better with their customers. They post bulletins only once in a blue moon and then they are only about new products available. I'd love to read one where they acknowledge the glitches and problems and let us know that they are doing something about it and when we can expect results. They should at least update it once a week and address our concerns.
Robmomm is offline Female
Old 10-16-2008, 10:12 AM   #24

winking is an unknown quantity at this point

Reya, I totally agree with you about Ganz putting up an extra page letting us know the status of current technical issues. That is a great idea! My biggest beef with Ganz has actually not been the glitches (though of course they are awful) but the lack of direct communication they have with us, the loyal user.

I would actually be more willing to put up glitches if I felt the company came across as "Hey, we really appreciate and need you...we are very sorry...here is what is going on, or here is some extra kinzcash for being so patient" Instead they stay silent on it, or when they do say something it's like "too bad for you, we don't guarantee a working site" And then add on top stories of small mom and pop shops dropping Webkinz because of Ganz's strong arm supplier tactics, and it doesn't leave me with an image of a friendly customer-appreciating company.
What they don't realize is that if they revamped their customer support approach and their company "image" they'd probably make even MORE profit.

Phew! I've been wanting to get that off my chest!
Old 10-16-2008, 10:15 AM   #25

cynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clown

thanks for sharing, and like FIA said, phone them!
cynthi1234 is offline Female
Old 10-16-2008, 10:22 AM   #26

sonnyboy44 knows the way
sonnyboy44 knows the way

Boy, it sounds like everyone feels the same way that we do!! We have been on the site a little more then 1 year and have over 50 pets on 4 accounts, including an Asian account. I started this for my 5 year old Granddaughter so we can play when she comes over once a week. Needless to say, everytime she is here the site is down or nothing works!! Very frustrating for a child. We used to visit each other's houses on different computers, but everytime we try, it logs us off. I know it is not our computer, because every other site is functioning properly. We have lost so many rare items due to glitches that Ganz will not replace. Don't even get me started about the trading room, it never works. We have lost so many items and so many people are trying to cheat the kids out of their stuff, very sad. I wish they could resolve this, because I love the idea of being able to trade all those duplicate PSI's. I have over 50 more Webkinz put away for my Grandkids and wish that I could return them also as the kids have lost interest. Children's attention spans are too short to put up with all the glitches. I also have been patient for Ganz to call me on certain issues with no response. Anyway, I just wanted to vent like everyone else that has spent their hard earn money for all these items and have received nothing but problems. When you adopt the pet of the month and don't get your prizes it is just like buying a toy with a missing part, they should replace it right? Enough for now, let's hope Ganz gets some new servers and good programers in to get this site up and running. If not, we are done too. Thanks for listening. Good luck to everyone concerned. It seems that all the Mom's and Grandmother's have taken over the accounts, because the kids have been done long before us!! Have a great day!!
sonnyboy44 is offline Female
Old 10-16-2008, 10:32 AM   #27

jazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonder

Yes, I agree. Ganz has "bulletinz" on their site, but never gives out important information. Like, what they are doing to fix problems, when they will be down for maintenance. Seems like everytime they do maintenance, they fix one thing and glitch up two. They gave us My Page. So what? It has never worked for me. I can't see what my BFF's have done.

They are not accepting emails, and when you call you hardly ever get a live person to speak to. When you do, they only know how to say: "We are working on it", "give us some time". I really think those are the only 2 phrases they know and are allowed to say.

I don't believe things will get any better until their sales come to a SCREETCHING HALT. If you want to get someone's attention, then you have to hit them in the pocketbook. Until that happens, we will get nothing. I believe that GANZ thinks; "How bad can it be, sales are up!"

We as consumers can make or break a company. I don't have a problem with paying for a service, but why pay for something that you are not getting. Would you go to the grocery store, give the cashier $10 and walk out with nothing? I don't think so. But that is what we are doing with GANZ. We are buying their product, then getting what in return?
Lost cash in games, because the site resets? Extrememly high prices in the estore for things that I consider non-existent, because you can't actually touch them? Constant maintenance that never seems to fix anything?

Until GANZ sales decline, they will do as little as possible.

There are other sites out there that will interact, such as TY and Build-A-Bear. Are they any better, I don't know. Will I check it out, YES!

Now that I have added my 2 cents, thanks for listening.
May you have a great day and a better tomorrow!

Jazzykinz :rdr:
jazzykinz is offline Female
Old 10-16-2008, 10:34 AM   #28

jemkinz is sweet stuff
jemkinz is sweet stuffjemkinz is sweet stuffjemkinz is sweet stuffjemkinz is sweet stuffjemkinz is sweet stuffjemkinz is sweet stuffjemkinz is sweet stuff

Donation Award 

I agree. The newspaper could have an article or two once in a while to "keep us posted" of glitches and problems -- as well as the new happenings and webkinz on sale. It would be easier to accept and certainly less frustrating. It's hard to dry the tears of little ones who can't play or check their online pets. A lot of money is going to Ganz. We should have the online site they promise.
jemkinz is offline Female
Old 10-16-2008, 10:36 AM   #29
Gift Trainee

KittyFanatic is a jewel in the roughKittyFanatic is a jewel in the rough

Well, I would have to agree that COMMUNICATION would be nice!

There are obviously problems, and Ganz has obviously fallen behind in fixing them.
Christmas will be a nightmare at this rate!
We've been doing Webkinz since new years this year, and enjoyed it pretty much up until
October '08. with the huge Glitchfest. When I was finally able to get into my gardens Tuesday for the first time in many days (I was booted out every time I tried to go into my rooms!), I lost a huge portion of the crops, and had to "dig up" and start over! : (

Here's the thing - I agree that Ganz is technically not under obligation to even continue the website, but the division is obviously a huge money maker for them, so there is no reason NOT to continue it. HOWEVER, the moms and dads, grandmas and grandpas who are buying a lot of these items are not going to continue to do so, or allow their kids to buy the Webbies either, if the site is continually inaccessible to so many.

I can only imagine the disappointment of someone getting their first Webkinz this month, and thinking that it is their computer causing the problem! That, or they think this is one of the lamest sites ever....and won't be back for more!

So, Ganz is shooting itself in the proverbial foot to allow such widespread problems to continue. To cut off the customer communication is only making it worse... even if you can't do anything about it, at least pretend you care! To have my emails kicked back as unaccepted anymore, only answering machines on the phone, and the contact forms not working either, leaves little way to actually contact you! That tells me that there is not a high level of concern over customer satisfaction right now.

I imagine they have been busy gearing up for the holiday season, but will it matter if they offend a huge portion of their current customer base? When you have folks who have over 50 webkinz, as well as trading cards, clothing, etc etc, they have made a fairly significant financial investment in the product. They are repeat customers, and should be listened to, if you want to retain your customer base!

I too would like to see more communication from Ganz. Tell us that you know there are problems, and that your head isn't in the sand. Tell us you are trying to fix them, instead of making us wonder if you even care anymore.

I've dealt with Ganz products since wayyyyy back in the day when I worked for a chain of toy stores right out of high school. They've always had nice products, and I liked them. The Webkinz, however, is more clever than quality. There is not a lot of consistency in the quality of the actual critters, and the website shows us a lot as well. I am not criticizing the website as a whole - I couldn't do what they have done, and am a big fan of the overall site, of course. But it just needs to work better than it has...

This all boils down to programming issues on their end, and quality control there too. Now, as someone who used to program, I know you cannot control what another company rolls out as updates. For example, Microsoft can roll out updates to their Windows software that will suddenly cause problems with programming that is on the Ganz site. But, it is Ganz' job to have programmers who know how to adjust and work with the other changes.... I've tried both IE and Firefox since the Oct glitchfest, and neither site will work completely right. I don't get bumped out as often on Firefox, but can only take ONE class instead of three... things like that. So, there is faulty programming at the heart of a lot of these problems.

Maybe we should ask Ganz to open a window in the programmer's room, and even feed them once in a while! They certainly haven't lost me yet, but they ARE losing respect as a company who is interested in customer service. I have also stopped recommending the site to others until they get smoothed out a little more. I can't imagine recommending a webbie to a friend's child, who then is constantly knocked out of the site (shades of AOL when it was new!), can't finish the games, lose KC, etc.

One step at a time... and I wish their next step was focusing on fixing the problems over adding new stuff. I won't really care about a new vacation added (and didn't care about the vacations in the first place!) if I can't stay on the website long enough to use it!

Please Ganz - fix what you already have before worrying about adding more! Pretty please?

Last edited by KittyFanatic; 10-16-2008 at 10:41 AM..
KittyFanatic is offline Female
Old 10-16-2008, 10:55 AM   #30
sallymcfally is an unknown quantity at this point

I am a fairly new member to Webkinz world (just since July 0
Frankly I was amazed when a friend of mine said they had been with Webkinz for years!!! The way the site is now, is almost like they just started - and are still working out the kinks!
I was in the computer field for years and I would never put out something so buggy like Webkinz World.
When they had the 'Fall Fest' it was a total glitch party.

Maybe it's a case of growing too big too fast and not being able to keep up with the demands? I know my kids love it, and sometimes end up crying because we cannot complete a game. I stopped doing Kinzville Academy a while ago because it was too buggy.

Maybe they need some die hard players on a beta system to work out all the kinks before sending over to the whole wide world........

Anyway, I hope they get things worked out today - and we can all go back to earning that kinz cash!
sallymcfally is offline Female
Closed