Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2008, 02:55 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

michellemily has a spectacular aura about

Default Unanswered: I'm Confussed

One of my posts was deleted due to asking if anyone wanted a certain item I had for free. I was not scamming or trying to get items I just didn't want said item. I didn't come here to get gifts and didn't even know you got gifts here. I need some info on the gift exchange and the gift giving. I saw a post that said you get a gift for being here but I broke a rule so won't be expecting anything. I never joined for prizes or gifts so am perplexed. I earn my own things and don't care to get anything for free. I'm so confused because what if I had an item I didn't want and just felt like passing it on to someone who did want it? I mean I'm just that sort of person if I don't need it why not give it to someone who does? So ya some info on rules would be good and some clearing up of how to go about doing things here would help.
Hugs Michelle:rdr:
michellemily is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2008, 03:06 PM   #2
izz10995

izz10995 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: I'm Confussed

that's weird where did u post it under?
Old 02-07-2008, 03:11 PM   #3
kateygma is now a
Gift Guru

katey3007 wows us all with wonderkatey3007 wows us all with wonderkatey3007 wows us all with wonderkatey3007 wows us all with wonderkatey3007 wows us all with wonderkatey3007 wows us all with wonderkatey3007 wows us all with wonderkatey3007 wows us all with wonderkatey3007 wows us all with wonderkatey3007 wows us all with wonder

Did you check out the Faqs under the black bear? Any giving of or receiving of an item is considered trading. You cannot "trade" until you are gifted. To become gifted you have to have had fifty good, contributing and or helpful posts, be a member for two weeks, and read, understand, and agree to the rules of the gift exchange.

I never received any type of "gift" for becoming a member so I don't know what you are talking about as far as that goes.

Once you are gifted you can give any gifted member anything you want. The site is only trying to protect all of it's members.

Hope this helps and if you have any more questions, please ask.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:35 PM   #4

Well that is silly! I only wanted to give away something for free with nothing in return. It was a rare item not to pricey that I got with one of my pets and so I thought won't use it could sell it but maybe someone else wants it. Oh well I guess you have to be jaded due to scammers but to me that is going way to far. I have to wait and post 50 times silly indeed. I come here for the great info about webkinz and am a college student with little time to play webkinz let alone post all the time.

Not Happy Michelle

---------- michellemily added 1 Minutes and 10 Seconds later ----------

I do believe I posted it in the help section asking what or where I can get rid of said item and I think I asked if anyone wanted said item to contact me. Not sure exact wording but something to that affect.
Bugged Michelle

Last edited by michellemily; 02-07-2008 at 03:35 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-07-2008, 03:38 PM   #5
Gift Guru

Lindsay has a reputation beyond reputeLindsay has a reputation beyond reputeLindsay has a reputation beyond reputeLindsay has a reputation beyond reputeLindsay has a reputation beyond reputeLindsay has a reputation beyond repute

You arent allowed to give out items, except for foods (under contests), until you can trade. Its so people do not get scammed. Im not saying you are going to scam, but some people will. This is a very safe website. To trade, posting 50 times makes it so not just EVERYONE can get in, to prevent scamming. Im sorry if you think its silly, but that's the way it is. This is a very safe website, I have never ever gotten scammed here. Its because of the rules, the rules keep us safe.

Last edited by Lindsay; 02-07-2008 at 03:41 PM..
Lindsay is offline Female
Old 02-07-2008, 03:43 PM   #6

How on earth could you scam someone by just sending them an item? To me that is ridicules
Old 02-07-2008, 03:52 PM   #7
I am a

huzcat is on a distinguished road

You have to be a member of the gift exchange to trade/and or give away items. You can only give away items if you aren't in the gift exchange if you host a contest. You could scam this person (I'm not saying you would ^_^):

When you say you were going to send them something and they want it, and you accept it, but don't send it to them and say that you tricked them (even if you are not trading), that would be considered "Scamming". Really, I wouldn't give away items for free (or trade items without them sending first for security measures) because it could lead to trouble. Hope this helps!

---------- huzcat added 4 Minutes and 26 Seconds later ----------

Also, your thread got deleated from either of these reasons:

1. You are not "gifted" status.
2. You cannot trade outside the GE.
3. People thought it was scam.
4. Somebody "red-flagged" the post because of some other reasons or one of these reasons.
5. Your thread got deleated because it was not in the right section.

I personally think it was 1, 2, and 3 because You are not gifted, you cannot trade outside the GE, and lots of people are on others these days about "scamming". Hope this is an addition to the other information!

Last edited by huzcat; 02-07-2008 at 03:52 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-07-2008, 08:14 PM   #8
i am chatty
Gifted

miss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applause
miss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applause

Donation Award 

i know that it seems like an innocent thing to want to do, but the mods and adms set up the site the way they did for no better reason than for safety for everyone. though wanting to give something may be innocent and a nice gesture, there are those that would actually take that option if it were allowed and use it to hurt others on the forum.
i know what it is like not being able to post a lot, or every day... and getting to 2 weeks membership and the 50 posts that will allow you to become gifted seems like it would take forever, but it is a rule and it really doesn't matter what section you post it in, that is unless you post in member contests for food. and then you can only give food as prizes... unless you go into member contest and request a slot that would let you run a contest that you could actually give away an item.
i know it may seem silly, but those of us here on wi believe that the mods and adms. have done a great job of protecting us and that is one reason why we keep coming back.
miss spots is offline Female
Closed