Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2008, 02:15 PM   #21
Gift Guru

Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!
Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!

Default Re: Illegal Trading?

View Post Originally Posted by *Krys*
I was informed that if a site supports or encourages the illegal activity, they could be shut down. Also, if it can be confirmed that such activity occurred, the users accounts can be closed.

So I guess it's more an issue of the site encouraging the illegal trades than it is of finding every Jim and Jane who trade illegally. If a site is promoting illegal trades (ex. mods asking for illegal trades, mods supervising illegal trades, etc.) then I believe that action will be taken against the site and the mods.
Not sure why you want to report to ganz other sites/mods/users etc for exchanging a few virtual items but it is certainly your option to do so. But unfortunately from your example it could be the individual Jane or Jim who get caught up in the account closings and not the big time dealers like those on ebay and ganz surely already knows that problem exists and has been working to stop it. Anyway, not trying to cause an argument but in my opinion I would not report them to ganz and simply stay on WI where trades are more closely monitored and you won't see that issue being tolerated or condoned by the owners or mods here.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2008, 03:00 PM   #22
Webkinz :)

*Krys* is an unknown quantity at this point

View Post Originally Posted by Lioness
Not sure why you want to report to ganz other sites/mods/users etc for exchanging a few virtual items but it is certainly your option to do so. But unfortunately from your example it could be the individual Jane or Jim who get caught up in the account closings and not the big time dealers like those on ebay and ganz surely already knows that problem exists and has been working to stop it. Anyway, not trying to cause an argument but in my opinion I would not report them to ganz and simply stay on WI where trades are more closely monitored and you won't see that issue being tolerated or condoned by the owners or mods here.
No problem. No argument caused.

I just don't like when people purposefully break rules and do illegal things, and I work with a program similar to webkinz so I understand how the illegal trading effects the game itself, so I'd rather report it and try to help Ganz than let it continue. I'm not on a hunt for the Jane and Jims out there doing this, I just happened to find a Big Brother encouraging them to do it. I contacted them to suggest changing their policies so they don't conflict with Ganz. If they make a point to say "We don't want illegal trades on here" then maybe less Jane and Jims will trade illegally.
*Krys* is offline Female
Old 07-07-2008, 04:18 PM   #23
Gift Guru

Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!
Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!

No problem. No argument caused.

I just don't like when people purposefully break rules and do illegal things, and I work with a program similar to webkinz so I understand how the illegal trading effects the game itself, so I'd rather report it and try to help Ganz than let it continue. I'm not on a hunt for the Jane and Jims out there doing this, I just happened to find a Big Brother encouraging them to do it. I contacted them to suggest changing their policies so they don't conflict with Ganz. If they make a point to say "We don't want illegal trades on here" then maybe less Jane and Jims will trade illegally.
I'd be curious to see how that turns out. If this thread is closed by then (often happens after a bit when a topic gets talked out) would you mine sending over a PM to me? I'm curious to see how Big Brother will react or if they will respond. Thanks for the conversation. I like that WI gives us an opportunity to see how people feel differently on issues.
Old 07-07-2008, 04:42 PM   #24
[xo]cupcake

This is perhaps very bad and fake trading. A real, true, reliable trade is done with items- currency is not allowed in the trading room by any means, as I understand. If this information is not correct, I am sorry, but my opinion is that they shouldn't allow money to be traded with a Webkinz item. It is just wrong in my opinion! I totally agree with you !
Old 07-07-2008, 07:32 PM   #25
ha'ts up? ;]
Gift Guru

smiley7000 is a jewel in the roughsmiley7000 is a jewel in the rough

I always talk this way, summer or winter.
Same here! =D I usually always type like this. However, sometimes I will abbreviate because to b.c. etc.!

First, an example to help others understand:

Jim plays Webkinz and Pet Pals. He has a super bed, but he wants a Pet Pals Trophy.
Jane plays Webkinz and Pet Pals. She wants a super bed, but has a Pet Pals Trophy.

They meet in a chat room and agree to trade the super bed for the Pet Pals Trophy.
Jim send the super bed to Jane's Webkinz account, Jane sends the Pet Pals Trophy to Jim's Pet Pals account.

Hope that makes sense.

Second:
I'll be sure to first notify the owners/moderators of the other chats first. Perhaps they aren't aware that they re breaking the rules. If they continue after I notify them, I'll report them immediately.

Thanks so much for the help!!
Thanks for clearing this up. I was really confused when I read your first post but now I understand much more. Thanks!
smiley7000 is offline Female
Old 07-07-2008, 08:21 PM   #26
allmine4me
Gift Guru

pattie1970 is a jewel in the roughpattie1970 is a jewel in the rough

This sould answer the question that it is not okay-
Quote from Webkinz.com "Members are free to conduct in-world trades of Webkinz World items as they choose, but for no outside compensation of any kind, financial or otherwise."

---------- pattie1970 added 5 Minutes and 34 Seconds later ----------

I suppose the "otherwise" would refer to the example mentioned of Pet Pals. You can trade one WW item for another WW item but NOT for a Pet Pals item. Does that make sense?

Last edited by pattie1970; 07-07-2008 at 08:21 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
pattie1970 is offline Female
Closed