Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2010, 01:22 PM   #1
gotmilk25
Webkinz :)

gotmilk25 is just really nicegotmilk25 is just really nice

Default Answered: Illegal?

Hey remember when Ganz announced selling webkinz items for money is now illegal? Well now there's this webstie that's benn doing it and continues to. Why wouldn't ganz pay attention?
Best Answer - Posted by FIA
I don't know if it is "illegal", but it is certainly a violation of the user agreement.

A while back Ganz closed down a BUNCH of accounts because they were discovered to be buying and/or selling virtual items for cash. Anyone who does that, risks losing their account.

It may take Ganz a while to deal with the people on that site, but I'm sure they'll get to those people eventually.

View Post Originally Posted by Justin
A new front page story has been added:

EXCLUSIVE: Ganz's Official Statement On Account Bannings in Webkinz World!

Citizens of Webkinz World, we are and have been aware of the measures that Ganz has taken against item duplication and the sale of virtual items on third-party sites. Rumors have been flying here on WI and on various other Webkinz fan sites, and we've held back on this announcement because we wanted an official statement from Ganz containing the facts of what has happened, rather than speculate based on rumors.
Click the image to open in full size.

Here is Ganz's official statement regarding the bannings in Webkinz World that you've all undoubtedly heard about:

I'd like to take this chance to address recent events in Webkinz World and answer a number of questions that I have seen swirling around the net.

This week we were notified about a growing concern in the Webkinz trading community about the number of highly prized items that were appearing in the trading room and on certain auction websites. We began investigating the issue and very quickly discovered that we had a real problem on our hands.

We at Webkinz understand that our fans take their collections very seriously. They are proud of their accomplishments, and they deserve to be. Those who use exploits devalue these collections and the work put into them. With this in mind we knew that we needed to move swiftly to deal with the situation.

Yesterday we terminated a large number of Webkinz accounts that our investigation indicated were using an exploit to generate items and/or selling virtual items. As we have made very clear in the past, these activities are strictly against our User Agreement and will not be tolerated. We are still investigating and we do expect that more accounts will be terminated.

We do not take the termination ("banning") of accounts lightly. We have banned very few members over the past four and a half years. We can assure our fans that we using all of our tools to ensure that we only ban the right accounts.

That said, if your account was terminated and you know that you did not use any exploits, nor bought or sold virtual items, then call our Customer Service team as we will review your account. The CS team is fully aware of the bannings and are doing an excellent job dealing with this issue.

Now let me discuss some key issues that I've seen being raised:

1) On the subject of Buying Items and/or "Trading for eStore Points"

Virtual items in Webkinz World can only be traded for other virtual items, period. Buying virtual items from other members is against the rules. Trading for eStore Points is just another way of buying items and is also against the rules. Please, we ask that you do not encourage those who would sell their items by buying them.

I would like to applaud the Webkinz Insider Gift Exchange community for being so dedicated to fair, in-game trading. I am very impressed with how the Gift Exchange is run and the rules that it lives by. You should all be proud of the work you've done.

2) "The game gave me two [item name here] and I swear I didn't do anything!"

Bugs can happen. We are not going to do anything in these situtations. When we launched Deluxe Membership, some members received two of our super prize Rollercoaster. This was our mistake and we naturally let all of these members keep their extras.

What we are dealing with are those who were clearly using an exploit, or who are involved in selling items. That is all. If you know you didn't do these things, your account is completely safe.

3) "How do I know if an item was made by an exploit?"

Simply put, you can't. Right now though we ask that you do not trade for the most rare items in Webkinz World as it is very possible that they were made with the exploit.

If you believe that you have traded for such an item in the past, please do not worry. When we review the accounts, someone who happened to trade for an exploit-created valued item has an account that looks very, very different from an account that is actively distributing these items.

4) "Why did it take you so long to deal with the exploit?"

To be honest, we simply didn't know. We are very busy working on new features for Webkinz and while we enjoy reading the forums from time to time, we generally stick to the main forum and front page stories. As can be seen, we moved very quickly once we were made aware.

I hope that this message answers the main questions that you have. We are committed to providing a safe, fun and fair environment for our Webkinz members to enjoy. We thank all of our great fans who play Webkinz in the way it was designed, and appreciate your patience while we deal with those who do not.

Webkinz.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2010, 01:24 PM   #2
According to

lalagirl770 wows us all with wonderlalagirl770 wows us all with wonderlalagirl770 wows us all with wonderlalagirl770 wows us all with wonderlalagirl770 wows us all with wonderlalagirl770 wows us all with wonderlalagirl770 wows us all with wonderlalagirl770 wows us all with wonderlalagirl770 wows us all with wonder

Default Re: Illegal?

Do you mean the webkinz plushies and e-store pets, because that's not illegal. But if it is the accounts and items, that is illegal, I just don't think ganz pays much attention, or couldn't find them all
lalagirl770 is offline Female
Old 01-24-2010, 01:24 PM   #3
I <33 you

gracie503 is a jewel in the roughgracie503 is a jewel in the rough

Ganz is a busy company, and so they cant control all of the selling of webkinz accounts and items. But if you really feel strongly about this site, i suggest you report it to Ganz.
gracie503 is offline Female
Old 01-24-2010, 01:26 PM   #4
onderful World!
Gifted

ArtySmarty is headed for the top!ArtySmarty is headed for the top!ArtySmarty is headed for the top!ArtySmarty is headed for the top!ArtySmarty is headed for the top!ArtySmarty is headed for the top!ArtySmarty is headed for the top!ArtySmarty is headed for the top!ArtySmarty is headed for the top!ArtySmarty is headed for the top!ArtySmarty is headed for the top!ArtySmarty is headed for the top!

It may take awhile for Ganz to notice the website you're referring to. In the meantime, I'd avoid buying any items from there.
ArtySmarty is offline Female
Old 01-24-2010, 01:31 PM   #5
Summer 2010

lilac1999 wears the mantle of perfection with gracelilac1999 wears the mantle of perfection with gracelilac1999 wears the mantle of perfection with gracelilac1999 wears the mantle of perfection with gracelilac1999 wears the mantle of perfection with gracelilac1999 wears the mantle of perfection with gracelilac1999 wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Well is it Ganz E-store??? If so thats Not illegal if it on e-bay that is NOT illegal either.Or on Kijiji that is NOT illegal either but if they are selling there account for MONEY that is ILLEGAL if they are giving it for FREE then that is NOT illegal.If they are selling items off of there VIRTUAL webkinz account can you guess ILLEGAL.

If you feel so strong about it then please report it to Ganz A.S.A.P. That is IF you feel so strongly about it though.Keep Us Updated on What Happens!!! =)
lilac1999 is offline Female
Old 01-24-2010, 01:41 PM   #6
BIG BELIEBER

sadlittlegirl is a glorious beacon of lightsadlittlegirl is a glorious beacon of lightsadlittlegirl is a glorious beacon of light

wait, you mean like virtual items? if so, this girl i know who goes on webkinz sold all her priceless items on ebay and got like almost $1,000!!!
sadlittlegirl is offline Female
Old 01-24-2010, 01:44 PM   #7
According to

lalagirl770 wows us all with wonderlalagirl770 wows us all with wonderlalagirl770 wows us all with wonderlalagirl770 wows us all with wonderlalagirl770 wows us all with wonderlalagirl770 wows us all with wonderlalagirl770 wows us all with wonderlalagirl770 wows us all with wonderlalagirl770 wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by sadlittlegirl
wait, you mean like virtual items? if so, this girl i know who goes on webkinz sold all her priceless items on ebay and got like almost $1,000!!!
WOW that's a lot
lalagirl770 is offline Female
Old 01-24-2010, 01:46 PM   #8
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

I don't know if it is "illegal", but it is certainly a violation of the user agreement.

A while back Ganz closed down a BUNCH of accounts because they were discovered to be buying and/or selling virtual items for cash. Anyone who does that, risks losing their account.

It may take Ganz a while to deal with the people on that site, but I'm sure they'll get to those people eventually.

View Post Originally Posted by Justin
A new front page story has been added:

EXCLUSIVE: Ganz's Official Statement On Account Bannings in Webkinz World!

Citizens of Webkinz World, we are and have been aware of the measures that Ganz has taken against item duplication and the sale of virtual items on third-party sites. Rumors have been flying here on WI and on various other Webkinz fan sites, and we've held back on this announcement because we wanted an official statement from Ganz containing the facts of what has happened, rather than speculate based on rumors.
Click the image to open in full size.

Here is Ganz's official statement regarding the bannings in Webkinz World that you've all undoubtedly heard about:

I'd like to take this chance to address recent events in Webkinz World and answer a number of questions that I have seen swirling around the net.

This week we were notified about a growing concern in the Webkinz trading community about the number of highly prized items that were appearing in the trading room and on certain auction websites. We began investigating the issue and very quickly discovered that we had a real problem on our hands.

We at Webkinz understand that our fans take their collections very seriously. They are proud of their accomplishments, and they deserve to be. Those who use exploits devalue these collections and the work put into them. With this in mind we knew that we needed to move swiftly to deal with the situation.

Yesterday we terminated a large number of Webkinz accounts that our investigation indicated were using an exploit to generate items and/or selling virtual items. As we have made very clear in the past, these activities are strictly against our User Agreement and will not be tolerated. We are still investigating and we do expect that more accounts will be terminated.

We do not take the termination ("banning") of accounts lightly. We have banned very few members over the past four and a half years. We can assure our fans that we using all of our tools to ensure that we only ban the right accounts.

That said, if your account was terminated and you know that you did not use any exploits, nor bought or sold virtual items, then call our Customer Service team as we will review your account. The CS team is fully aware of the bannings and are doing an excellent job dealing with this issue.

Now let me discuss some key issues that I've seen being raised:

1) On the subject of Buying Items and/or "Trading for eStore Points"

Virtual items in Webkinz World can only be traded for other virtual items, period. Buying virtual items from other members is against the rules. Trading for eStore Points is just another way of buying items and is also against the rules. Please, we ask that you do not encourage those who would sell their items by buying them.

I would like to applaud the Webkinz Insider Gift Exchange community for being so dedicated to fair, in-game trading. I am very impressed with how the Gift Exchange is run and the rules that it lives by. You should all be proud of the work you've done.

2) "The game gave me two [item name here] and I swear I didn't do anything!"

Bugs can happen. We are not going to do anything in these situtations. When we launched Deluxe Membership, some members received two of our super prize Rollercoaster. This was our mistake and we naturally let all of these members keep their extras.

What we are dealing with are those who were clearly using an exploit, or who are involved in selling items. That is all. If you know you didn't do these things, your account is completely safe.

3) "How do I know if an item was made by an exploit?"

Simply put, you can't. Right now though we ask that you do not trade for the most rare items in Webkinz World as it is very possible that they were made with the exploit.

If you believe that you have traded for such an item in the past, please do not worry. When we review the accounts, someone who happened to trade for an exploit-created valued item has an account that looks very, very different from an account that is actively distributing these items.

4) "Why did it take you so long to deal with the exploit?"

To be honest, we simply didn't know. We are very busy working on new features for Webkinz and while we enjoy reading the forums from time to time, we generally stick to the main forum and front page stories. As can be seen, we moved very quickly once we were made aware.

I hope that this message answers the main questions that you have. We are committed to providing a safe, fun and fair environment for our Webkinz members to enjoy. We thank all of our great fans who play Webkinz in the way it was designed, and appreciate your patience while we deal with those who do not.

Webkinz.

FIA is offline Female
Old 01-24-2010, 01:50 PM   #9
KAP822

Softball Mom wows us all with wonderSoftball Mom wows us all with wonderSoftball Mom wows us all with wonderSoftball Mom wows us all with wonderSoftball Mom wows us all with wonderSoftball Mom wows us all with wonderSoftball Mom wows us all with wonderSoftball Mom wows us all with wonderSoftball Mom wows us all with wonderSoftball Mom wows us all with wonder

I have seen this website also! It is a major money maker for these people who offer a price that is either what the seller is asking for or a little less. They have all the retired items, clothes and rares from year one and up. Starting price for some of these items is $30 for jeans. Crazy!!
They add you as a friend on WW and after you pay, they kinzpost it to you.
I, too, thought that this was illegal a while back but have just seen the website and they are still going strong. I thpought somehwere I had read here, on WI, to be careful not only because it is illegal but they could be duplicates of the particular item. I'm never shocked!!
Softball Mom is offline Female
Closed