Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2008, 11:56 AM   #1
Beam me up, I'm
Kinz Queen is a splendid one to beholdKinz Queen is a splendid one to beholdKinz Queen is a splendid one to beholdKinz Queen is a splendid one to behold

Default Unanswered: If you're having trouble with the site in FireFox

I had to do a little research to find the solution to this problem, which is shared by a lot of people who access BB in Firefox. Here goes.

The cookies file gets too large after several days and the computer has to search it each time a page loads, thus prolonging the time needed to connect to the WI server. So to fix this, do the following:

Click on TOOLS
Click on OPTIONS in the TOOLS menu
Click on PRIVACY
In the file list at the top of that little window, select the webkinzinsider.com folder.

You will have to log in again, but that should fix the problem, at least for awhile. The returned error of 404 and nginx/0.6.31 is a linux server error, telling the computer that it has taken too long to access the page and the connection will be severed. I'm not sure of the complete solution, since I'm not a Linux person but a Windows NT person. Sorry.
Kinz Queen is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2008, 12:34 PM   #2
Your grandma is a
Gift Guru
gripperluverxxoo has disabled reputation

Default Re: If you're having trouble with the site in FireFox

Thanks for posting this
it'll help many people (:
Old 11-06-2008, 12:59 PM   #3
OW! I'm a
Gift Guru
Azriel is a splendid one to beholdAzriel is a splendid one to beholdAzriel is a splendid one to beholdAzriel is a splendid one to behold

Donation Award 
Default Re: If you're having trouble with the site in FireFox

Heck, while you are there under PRIVACY got to SETTINGS and check everything you want to clear each time you exit. I clear everything except Saved Passwords.

Select the option to ALWAYS CLEAR MY PRIVATE DATA. This way, you don't have to remember to do it, it does it when you close your browser.

This is a good idea to know how to do on public computers too. We have smart classrooms (rooms with computers) and between classes I jump on the internet. Since it is a school computer and is public I make sure EVERY box is check.

Cookies are saved on your computer to help the page you are viewing load faster. This is touted to be great for websites you use often. The problem is, the internet is so fast these days that cookies are nearly useless. I don't see a load up difference for any of the websites I go to whether I have the cookies and cache cleared or not.
Azriel is offline Female