Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2008, 05:31 PM   #1
BC is a
Webkinz :)

Maddiebear is a splendid one to beholdMaddiebear is a splendid one to beholdMaddiebear is a splendid one to beholdMaddiebear is a splendid one to behold

Default Unanswered: If a person hasn't been on for 6 months, do they really need an account?

There are almost 100,000 unactive members here. Do we really need to keep the account of someone who joined last year and never posted? I don't think it's worth keeping. Couldn't mods delete those accounts? Then new members could enjoy names with no numbers or signs. Anyone else agree?

Please post. :]]]

Last edited by Maddiebear; 11-30-2008 at 05:36 PM..
Maddiebear is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2008, 05:36 PM   #2
100% Evil.
Gift Guru

Mama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talent

Default Re: If a person hasn't been on for 6 months, do they really need an account?

I'm sure that there is some sort of rules and protacal that even the mods and admins have to follow about deleting accounts. :-) I would guess that once it is "allowed" to remove an inactive account, its being done. But yes, I would agree with you that inactive accounts should be removed when a timeline has been met. Just be certain that the inactive accounts in question are truly "inactive", and not just those who became members, and are READING all the posts, and not just posting themselves. I know I was a member for a while before I actually started posting myself. :-)
Mama Girl NH is offline Female
Old 11-30-2008, 05:37 PM   #3

Sue-shi is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: If a person hasn't been on for 6 months, do they really need an account?

well, I'm sure there are some pro's and con's to that idea-- that i can't think of-- but all in all it's up to the mods and site owners,
but i agree
Sue-shi is offline Female
Old 11-30-2008, 05:57 PM   #4
ho's a lurkyloo?
Gift Guru

mathmom2 is an unparalleled talent
mathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talent

Donation Level 2 

Some members joined and are here just to read. Maybe they are too young to post (per their parents). Maybe they joined and life happened and they have not been able to get back on WI. That's why for contests and whatnot, they have that stipulation for 'active' members.

I know that I have joined sites and have gotten busy and have not been able to get on them like I would like, but I still want to be there. I would be highly offended if my account was deleted just because I had not posted.
mathmom2 is offline Female
Old 11-30-2008, 06:28 PM   #5
IttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roost

I would think a notice to an inactive account would be in order. Give the account holder the option to continue or be deleted. I don't know if there is anything in the WI guidelines about inactive accounts, but it's a good idea.

Mom of IttyGirl2
Old 11-30-2008, 06:51 PM   #6
you're not alone

minimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guide

I'm sorry I dont think this is a good idea because, I have WI friends that one moved to alaska or something and the other just took a break from WI so I dont think this is a good idea.
minimaid is offline Female
Old 11-30-2008, 06:55 PM   #7
elitegymnast0707
Gifted

kkaitlinn94 has a spectacular aura about

i dont think thats a good idea, sorry
if something happens to osmeone...like say they had tons of webkinz but had just found this site and were hoping to post a lot..then some natural disaster happens, like a hurricane if you live where i do, and you lose power or something happens to your house and you have to move and dont have internet for a longggg time. i think that person would feel pretty rotten if they came back and found their account was deleted.
kkaitlinn94 is offline Female
Old 11-30-2008, 06:56 PM   #8
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

No, I am sorry, that means my daughter who has no access to a computer would come back to find her account de-activated and she worked HARD to become a Gift Guru.
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 11-30-2008, 07:02 PM   #9
Gifted

Chariac is a jewel in the roughChariac is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
No, I am sorry, that means my daughter who has no access to a computer would come back to find her account de-activated and she worked HARD to become a Gift Guru.
I agree with Dixiecup... Sometimes life interfers. Someone might have computer problems, or might get sick and they'd have no way to respond to any notice. I don't think it hurts new members to get creative with their names, but it would sure hurt a lot of people who want to be members but just can't be active at the moment.
Chariac is offline Female
Old 11-30-2008, 07:02 PM   #10
BC is a

Maddiebear is a splendid one to beholdMaddiebear is a splendid one to beholdMaddiebear is a splendid one to beholdMaddiebear is a splendid one to behold

View Post Originally Posted by minimaid
I'm sorry I dont think this is a good idea because, I have WI friends that one moved to alaska or something and the other just took a break from WI so I dont think this is a good idea.
Were they gone for 6 months without internet? Alaska has internet, you know.
Maddiebear is offline Female
Closed