Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2009, 02:12 PM   #11
krqcmom
Gift Guru

Jarrah knows the way
Jarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the way

Default Re: I Want A Webkinz!

View Post Originally Posted by tingybat
i already have to take care of 5 chickens and a frog and she says i should spend more time with my real pets than on the computer.

thanks for the advice! she doesnt approve of computer time at all and she is totally against webkinz. she wants us to be outside all the time!???
Tingybat:

How much time are you spending on the computer each day? If you are posting on WI then you must be using a PC.

If you want to work out something with your folks you will need to negotiate - and start by understanding their position - being outside and active is always more important than PC time. If you are having trouble finding the time to care for your pets then it your Mom will likely not think WW is a good idea - so make sure you are taking very good care of them.

Then - (this is the way to a mother's heart!) offer to help around the house - do more than your share of the dishes etc. and finally once you have proven how responsible you can be then you can ask if you can spend ?? of the ?? hours each week you are on the PC on webkinz.

Then - if she says yes - make sure to keep your bargain!
Jarrah is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2009, 02:35 PM   #12
Webkinz :)
LucyPevensie123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Jarrah's on the right track. Believe it or not, your mom wants what's best for you. Sure, it might not make sense, or even seem mega-unfair! But, in the long run, she's trying to remind you that there is a world outside of your computer and that it's a good idea to get to know it.

I have one question that I want you to think about. Can you live without playing with your Webkinz for a day? How about a week?

If you can't step back and take a break from the computer sometimes, then you need to rethink this. That's what your mom is trying to drive home. She wants you to be able to live in this REAL world. The internet is great, but you can't let it become such a powerful force that it begins to control you. Hope things work out!
Old 04-07-2009, 02:49 PM   #13
Dave Matthews Band

CrabCake has lots of talentCrabCake has lots of talentCrabCake has lots of talentCrabCake has lots of talentCrabCake has lots of talentCrabCake has lots of talentCrabCake has lots of talentCrabCake has lots of talentCrabCake has lots of talentCrabCake has lots of talentCrabCake has lots of talentCrabCake has lots of talentCrabCake has lots of talentCrabCake has lots of talentCrabCake has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by MissSparkle
Beg.
Beg, beg, beg until she says "OK FINE I'll BUY YOU ONE SHEESH!"
That always works!
it doesn't work with every one. Especially not my mom, she would punish me for begging.

I think you should tell her that it is a responsibility and it can be educational (you will probably have to work something out that you play quizzy's question corner everyday) and maybe that you will only get one a year. I know the one per year thing is hard (cause I have that rule) but as long as you can access webkinz, it's all good.

And also you should set up a time limit so that they don't think that you will be on all the time. That is probably what they're worried about, you getting SO addicted that you will be on 24/7
Old 04-07-2009, 03:02 PM   #14

roobellie is a jewel in the roughroobellie is a jewel in the rough

you could show her the walkthrough, here is the link:
Webkinz™ - A Tour of Webkinz World

Maybe that would help
Old 04-07-2009, 03:07 PM   #15
I Rules!

JulieBear01 is a name known to allJulieBear01 is a name known to allJulieBear01 is a name known to all

Lightbulb Re: I Want A Webkinz!

Show her this forum and show her how it can be educational. I am a mom and like webkinz but my husband doesn't care for it because he says you should be outside and doing something. My son likes to learn and play on rainy days and when there is indoor recess at school he goes on in the computer lab. You can look through the help section because you are not alone. There are many other kids that are also in your situation.

Good-luck
JulieBear01 is offline Female
Old 04-07-2009, 05:42 PM   #16
zoezoe101

dolphinsrule48 is on a distinguished road

Im sorry to hear that ur mom wont get u a webkinz!!! On the other hand my mom says i get to many!!! My mom says i can only buy one a month lol!!! Heres what i do, I save up my money over long periods of time. Then i am only allowed on after i have done everything i am suppose to do (homework,chores etc.). Then wkhen i have enough money i go out and buy one. With ur mom i would make a deal with her. Such as " Mom if i am all dressed and ready with my bed made and my hair combed by 7:00am every day this week may i please buy a webkinz." HOPE IT HELPS!!!
dolphinsrule48 is offline Female
Old 04-07-2009, 06:14 PM   #17
L E A H ! !

Lelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by daddywebkinz
Try explaining to her that it teaches you how to be responsible because you have to take care of your Webkinz. It is also educational, there is trivia to help you learn. Good Luck!!
Yes, tell these things, and maybe, she'll say yes.
Lelex13 is offline Female
Old 04-07-2009, 06:50 PM   #18

webkinzwonder12 is just really nicewebkinzwonder12 is just really nice

ask one of your friends before your b-day!
Old 04-09-2009, 10:32 AM   #19
I Rules!

JulieBear01 is a name known to allJulieBear01 is a name known to allJulieBear01 is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by webkinzwonder12
ask one of your friends before your b-day!
That is a great idea. Someone can give you one as a gift. Or you could give someone money to buy you one as a gift.
JulieBear01 is offline Female
Old 04-09-2009, 10:36 AM   #20
ow!! I LOVE ☆'s!!
Gift Trainee

HannaWalters10 is just really niceHannaWalters10 is just really nice

well you could wait till your b-day or you can ask your mom. Or there are some contests to win webkinz sometimes. plus you can buy really cheap webkinz from ebay
HannaWalters10 is offline Female
Closed