Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2009, 10:18 AM   #1
godess99
Webkinz :)

tingybat is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: I Want A Webkinz!

i cant get my mom to buy me a webkinz! i asked her to get me one for my birthday and christmas but she said no. i even offered to pay for it myself but she wouldnt let me. how can i get her to give in?
Best Answer - Posted by Aeza
View Post Originally Posted by tingybat
i cant get my mom to buy me a webkinz! i asked her to get me one for my birthday and christmas but she said no. i even offered to pay for it myself but she wouldnt let me. how can i get her to give in?
Does she explain to you why she is against the idea?

It is likely that she is either concerned about the expense or worried about your spending too much time on the cpu.

Perhaps you could explain to her that you will save the money for any webkinz you would like and you will set a time limit every day with her for play time so that you're not spending too much time on the cpu?

Sorry, wish I had better advice, good luck!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2009, 10:26 AM   #2
eleven wackies

KevinELevin was born a heroKevinELevin was born a heroKevinELevin was born a hero
KevinELevin was born a heroKevinELevin was born a heroKevinELevin was born a heroKevinELevin was born a heroKevinELevin was born a heroKevinELevin was born a heroKevinELevin was born a heroKevinELevin was born a heroKevinELevin was born a heroKevinELevin was born a hero

Default Re: I Want A Webkinz!

Save up your money.
KevinELevin is offline Male
Old 04-07-2009, 10:26 AM   #3
ho's your daddy

daddywebkinz is a name known to alldaddywebkinz is a name known to alldaddywebkinz is a name known to all

Donation Award 

Try explaining to her that it teaches you how to be responsible because you have to take care of your Webkinz. It is also educational, there is trivia to help you learn. Good Luck!!
daddywebkinz is offline Male
Old 04-07-2009, 10:29 AM   #4
(┓^ω^)┛))ヨイサヨイサ♪

MissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellence
MissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellence

Beg.
Beg, beg, beg until she says "OK FINE I'll BUY YOU ONE SHEESH!"
That always works!
MissSparkle is offline Female
Old 04-07-2009, 10:29 AM   #5
hyIsMyRideBroken?

Aeza flows towards the sea of knowledgeAeza flows towards the sea of knowledgeAeza flows towards the sea of knowledgeAeza flows towards the sea of knowledgeAeza flows towards the sea of knowledgeAeza flows towards the sea of knowledgeAeza flows towards the sea of knowledgeAeza flows towards the sea of knowledge

Donation Award 

It is likely that she is either concerned about the expense or worried about your spending too much time on the cpu.

Perhaps you could explain to her that you will save the money for any webkinz you would like and you will set a time limit every day with her for play time so that you're not spending too much time on the cpu?

Aeza is offline Female
Old 04-07-2009, 10:36 AM   #6
godess99

View Post Originally Posted by daddywebkinz
Try explaining to her that it teaches you how to be responsible because you have to take care of your Webkinz. It is also educational, there is trivia to help you learn. Good Luck!!
i already have to take care of 5 chickens and a frog and she says i should spend more time with my real pets than on the computer.

View Post Originally Posted by Aeza

thanks for the advice! she doesnt approve of computer time at all and she is totally against webkinz. she wants us to be outside all the time!???

Last edited by tingybat; 04-07-2009 at 10:36 AM..
Old 04-07-2009, 10:37 AM   #7

i_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talent

save up your money untill you can buy one. then make up a schedule for each day you go on, and how long you will play. for example
monday 4-5 pm.
tuesday 3:30-4:00
. . .
this will show her that you can be responsible.
tell her about all the great things about webkinz and how it's educational and all it teaches. Say that you will only go on after you have done all your chores.
hope you get one
i_like_pie is offline Female
Old 04-07-2009, 10:39 AM   #8
godess99

View Post Originally Posted by MissSparkle
Beg.
Beg, beg, beg until she says "OK FINE I'll BUY YOU ONE SHEESH!"
That always works!
i have tried but it just gets me in trouble. thanks anyway! maybe i'll try again.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:45 AM   #9
e love cupcakes
Gift Guru

cocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contest
cocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contest

I would do what the others have suggested - show that you can be responsible and map out your time. If you show that you can balance things out by caring for your other pets, then perhaps she will be more open to it. Another thing to try is to see if she will let you try the trial of webkinz, if that is still available. (I'm not too sure to be honest - but it allowed you to access webkinz world for a day, I believe - that way you could go through it with her and show her the avenues for learning - Quizzy's world, the job office, etc.) Do you have any friends who have webkinz? Maybe you could ask them if you could have your mom see their account and she might be more comfortable with it if you were able to walk through it with her.

Keep showing your responsibility - Moms take note of these things
cocoharry is offline Female
Old 04-07-2009, 11:03 AM   #10
Gift Guru

katrinasmom has a reputation beyond reputekatrinasmom has a reputation beyond reputekatrinasmom has a reputation beyond reputekatrinasmom has a reputation beyond reputekatrinasmom has a reputation beyond repute

Donation Award 

Some of the games are educational too--Booger Gets an A helps you learn math; Quizzy's Word Challenge helps you with learning words and spellings. It's a good mental exercise.

Webkinz World emphasizes eating healthy foods and exercising. And caring for others.

Whining and begging are not likely to get you ahead with your mom, it doesn't sound like. Showing responsibility and working out a contract with your mom on how much you will use the computer sounds more likely to be successful. Good luck!
Closed