Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2009, 05:32 PM   #1
KAP822
Webkinz :)

Softball Mom wows us all with wonderSoftball Mom wows us all with wonderSoftball Mom wows us all with wonderSoftball Mom wows us all with wonderSoftball Mom wows us all with wonderSoftball Mom wows us all with wonderSoftball Mom wows us all with wonderSoftball Mom wows us all with wonderSoftball Mom wows us all with wonderSoftball Mom wows us all with wonder

Default Answered: i WAS SCAMMED! Where do I report the person to warn others?

How to I get these 2 scammers on the list that Justin keeps to protect everyone??

I went into the clubhouse and was asked by a black cat, Waggeertail with Spooky to help him get the Webkinz Cares Ice Cream sandwich from a new ribbon pony, Goldygirlpooch with Misty. Of couse he promised to give me *edit* if I did because he said the silly ice scream was importhant to him. I did trade with the pony and gave her the *edit* for the ice scream, What was I thinking????? I said I had 3 of them and that it was OK...well I traded it and when I left the trade, both of them were gone.
Just wanted to let other know that there are so many people, including these 2, that work so well together that they managed to even con me. Really, I am not this stupid but for some reason I fell for it. Maybe because I never saw the ice cream sandwich before.
Well, this is a warning to watch out for these 2.

Last edited by Jennielou; 12-12-2009 at 06:12 PM.. Reason: specific trade talk
Softball Mom is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by Dixiecup
Oh Softball Mom I am SO sorry to hear about them tag teaming you like that ((hugs)) I have known about this scam for a while, already. If you look in our Clubhouse section there is a guide on how to identify scams and all the different kinds there are.
When someone comes to you and says that you HAVE to trade with them because they already traded with the other person, they are working as a team to get something they want and will stop at nothing to get it.
The other tag-team scam is when you 'see' a trade through their converstaion and it looks like one has scammed the other out of something. One leaves the room and the other stays behind crying. They give you a story that they had no idea that person would scam them and try to rope you in through sympathy.
DO NOT GIVE INTO TAG-TEAM CON ARTISTS.
I hope this is something that others can learn from. I am sorry, Softball Mom, you of all people should not have been treated like that
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2009, 05:34 PM   #2

soccertrader has a brilliant futuresoccertrader has a brilliant futuresoccertrader has a brilliant futuresoccertrader has a brilliant futuresoccertrader has a brilliant future

Default Re: i WAS SCAMMED! Where do I report the person to warn others?

Yes this scam works if you don't know that its a food item, thank goodness for WI that I know there isn't a chocolate hot air balloon item, and that its just a piece of food.
soccertrader is offline Male
Old 12-12-2009, 05:39 PM   #3
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Oh Softball Mom I am SO sorry to hear about them tag teaming you like that ((hugs)) I have known about this scam for a while, already. If you look in our Clubhouse section there is a guide on how to identify scams and all the different kinds there are.
When someone comes to you and says that you HAVE to trade with them because they already traded with the other person, they are working as a team to get something they want and will stop at nothing to get it.
The other tag-team scam is when you 'see' a trade through their converstaion and it looks like one has scammed the other out of something. One leaves the room and the other stays behind crying. They give you a story that they had no idea that person would scam them and try to rope you in through sympathy.
DO NOT GIVE INTO TAG-TEAM CON ARTISTS.
I hope this is something that others can learn from. I am sorry, Softball Mom, you of all people should not have been treated like that
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 12-12-2009, 05:41 PM   #4
illiam has a bunny

Bindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of art
Bindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of art

I'm sorry to hear about this softball mom! I too have been scammed before, with that "S.S. Bounty" food that looks like a ship! We just need to be very careful when it comes to trading, and perhaps more skeptical then we might normally be! I hope you can find some resolution to you dilemma!
Bindidog is offline Female
Old 12-12-2009, 05:48 PM   #5
Heatherblaze Of LC

collielollie is a glorious beacon of lightcollielollie is a glorious beacon of lightcollielollie is a glorious beacon of light

oh, i'm so sorry, softball mom! i only went into the trading room once, on plain KinzChat. then my mom and friend deb told me never to go into there because i would get scammed. i only traded once, and I don't remember what i traded, but i got a bonus wheel of wow ticket, i think...
collielollie is offline Female
Old 12-12-2009, 05:49 PM   #6
Jesus 4 ever!

Kayrocks1 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundKayrocks1 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundKayrocks1 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundKayrocks1 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundKayrocks1 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundKayrocks1 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundKayrocks1 radiates beauty and kindness all around

Aww im so sorry too hear that!ill watch out and tell my sis!
Kayrocks1 is offline Female
Old 12-12-2009, 05:51 PM   #7
KAP822

Softball Mom wows us all with wonderSoftball Mom wows us all with wonderSoftball Mom wows us all with wonderSoftball Mom wows us all with wonderSoftball Mom wows us all with wonderSoftball Mom wows us all with wonderSoftball Mom wows us all with wonderSoftball Mom wows us all with wonderSoftball Mom wows us all with wonderSoftball Mom wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by soccertrader
Yes this scam works if you don't know that its a food item, thank goodness for WI that I know there isn't a chocolate hot air balloon item, and that its just a piece of food.
The sad part is that I knew it was a food item but I thought it was important to the black cat so I traded. Well, my nice days are going to be over starting right now. No more nice person who just gives away items to people for a bottle of water or buying the little kids items they don't have money for.......OK I vented and feel better now...just watch out for these 2...
Softball Mom is offline Female
Old 12-12-2009, 05:52 PM   #8
~ wackyfied ~

WI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicness
WI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicness

OUCH Softball Mom! I am so sorry this happened to YOU. The tag team scenario has happened to me before, and I fell for it hook line + "stinker".

I must add however, in the excitment, you managed to get their information, and that is very helpful to the entire WI community! I was so shaken by being scammed that I was left adjusting my mouth that was left open!
My sincere apologies to you.
THANK YOU for sharing this with everyone here!
WI 50ish is offline Female
Old 12-12-2009, 05:54 PM   #9
Bearded Ruffians? Oh

Blue Orchids is a glorious beacon of lightBlue Orchids is a glorious beacon of lightBlue Orchids is a glorious beacon of light

Aw, that's sad. I remember how a snowman, Balls of Flurry, scammed my brother(Rabid Fish). He traded a Fancy Tea Service for a *edit*, I think. Or 2006. I can't remember.

I hate how people do that. You didn't deserve to be scammed.

Last edited by Jennielou; 12-12-2009 at 06:13 PM.. Reason: specific trade talk
Blue Orchids is offline Female
Old 12-12-2009, 05:59 PM   #10
owza! I'm on

chevboy is a glorious beacon of lightchevboy is a glorious beacon of lightchevboy is a glorious beacon of light

I got scammed out of 3 super beds! For 3 *edit*'. I hate those people.

Last edited by Jennielou; 12-12-2009 at 06:13 PM.. Reason: specific trade talk
Closed