Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2009, 10:58 PM   #11
Gifted

ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!
ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!

Default Re: I saw a rude pet name and was wondering.....

View Post Originally Posted by egg
That is rude. I don't know why Ganz allows that once I tryed to name my Canary Lemondrop and it wouldn't let me.
It's the "mon" in Lemondrop... why block out "mon" when you don't block out "stupid"?
ICanHasWebkinz? is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2009, 11:00 PM   #12
Malicia ♥
Webkinz :)

alleycat123 is a forum hero
alleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum hero

VERY rude!! I dont understand that, they let you use the word STUPID and not the word LEMON?! I would notify GANZ..... NOW!!
alleycat123 is offline Female
Old 11-01-2009, 11:12 PM   #13
ishing ....
Gift Guru

Ranger1985 has disabled reputation

Yes, you're right and I agree - that is rude.

I'm not sure how their filters work but it does make you wonder and shake your head over it. I have a Seahorse I wanted to name Seashell (a perfectly harmless word) but it wouldn't let me and yet I see some really rude (and most definitely inappropriate) names in the Clubhouse.

I just report them - there's no reason to be subjected to that, in my opinion.
Ranger1985 is offline Female
Old 11-01-2009, 11:16 PM   #14
PEEP!
Gift Guru

adrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellence
adrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellence

I don't think the word stupid in a pet name is enough to report them. IF ganz allowed it then they allowed it. Now people should read the rules of reporting people.
adrkmfdm is offline Female
Old 11-01-2009, 11:29 PM   #15

Pegasusluvr has a brilliant futurePegasusluvr has a brilliant futurePegasusluvr has a brilliant futurePegasusluvr has a brilliant futurePegasusluvr has a brilliant future

I can't believe that. That name went through the filter?
Pegasusluvr is offline Female
Old 11-01-2009, 11:29 PM   #16
★☆ Wild Thing
Gifted

Astrolified flows towards the sea of knowledgeAstrolified flows towards the sea of knowledgeAstrolified flows towards the sea of knowledgeAstrolified flows towards the sea of knowledgeAstrolified flows towards the sea of knowledgeAstrolified flows towards the sea of knowledgeAstrolified flows towards the sea of knowledge

Yeah, it's a little rude, silly to name your pet that, but is it THAT bad? It's not a bad word, or a harmful word. Is there really the need to mass report it? If Ganz doesn't block the word stupid for names, then it's not against the rules, and therefore, not reportable. Don't get all upset about this, just ignore it. Having someone name their pet "my stupid pet" doesn't affect you at all, just leave it be.
Astrolified is offline Female
Old 11-01-2009, 11:36 PM   #17
MelMelLisa2

it breaks my heart seeing people name their pets that.
my webkinz are all like real pets so i try to spare them
the decency of a nice name, i mean how hard is it to
give a pet a name like bob?
Old 11-01-2009, 11:38 PM   #18
I dance with my

pupso98 is a glorious beacon of lightpupso98 is a glorious beacon of lightpupso98 is a glorious beacon of light

that is VERY rude. u should definitely contact GANZ. i would have thought they would have already saw that that person had named their pet that.
pupso98 is offline Female
Old 11-01-2009, 11:40 PM   #19
ilovecats711
Gifted

ilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond repute

I just played a game against someone with a rabbit named rabbies...
ilovecats711 is offline Female
Old 11-02-2009, 12:03 AM   #20
ishing ....
Gift Guru

Ranger1985 has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by Astrolified
Yeah, it's a little rude, silly to name your pet that, but is it THAT bad? It's not a bad word, or a harmful word. Is there really the need to mass report it? If Ganz doesn't block the word stupid for names, then it's not against the rules, and therefore, not reportable. Don't get all upset about this, just ignore it. Having someone name their pet "my stupid pet" doesn't affect you at all, just leave it be.
Thing is, as parents, we are constantly telling our younger children (the under 10 set) not to use the word "stupid" because it's rude. Now, since there are a lot of children in that age bracket on Webkinz, it does affect many. I know that, as a parent, I don't want to hear, "But M-o-o-o-o-m, I saw it on Webkinz so it must be OK!!!"

Last edited by Ranger1985; 11-02-2009 at 12:15 AM..
Ranger1985 is offline Female
Closed