Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2009, 06:50 PM   #21
OMG is that a
Webkinz :)

terrior29 has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: I really need help

I know it's hard but try your best to ignore her. She probably brags to get attention so if you don't react to what she's talking about she'll likely stop bragging around you.
If this doesn't work I don't think it's worth telling the teacher about her, talk to her. She would probably listen to you, if she really is a big bragger then other people must not be a big fan of her either and it would probably help her and you if you told her and she decided to stop. Try it and see if it works :]
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2009, 08:19 PM   #22
My Mommy Says I'm
Gifted

Amymt is a name known to allAmymt is a name known to allAmymt is a name known to all

She is pretty popular.
Amymt is offline Female
Old 03-11-2009, 08:33 PM   #23
Falling for

GrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud of

View Post Originally Posted by a3doglife
Team

Noun

1. A cooperative unit.
2. Two or more draft animals that work together to pull a vehicle.
Verb

1. Form a team; "We teamed up for this new project".
Source: WordNet 1.7.1 Copyright © 2001 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

Date "team" was first used in popular English literature: sometime before 1321.

---------- a3doglife added 10 Minutes and 58 Seconds later ----------

I hope this helps-- the thing is when I joined cheerleading I had to learn if I get thrown into the air by my team weather or not they like me - they will still catch me. bottom line if you join anything that requires more then yourself you will have to learn to have faith and trust in others to do their part to make the team work. It is a part of everyday life. not easy at first but you'll learn that lots of different personalities is what makes you- you. and as far as the other person, they probably have no idea at all how YOU feel & don't know that her personality bothers YOU. Maybe she has no one to listen at home so the only time she gets to speak freely is at school around people she thinks are her friends. So you can not judge others just because they annoy You
Wow. This is an amazing statement and I really agree with it. Talking to your teachers seems like plotting against this girl. How would you like it if you really wanted to try out for it and somebody ruined your chances before you even got a chance. Maybe she wants to try out because YOU do it and she thinks it's something good as a result. You gotta learn to let things happen in life and deal with the results in a mature way.

---------- GrandBlancGirls added 3 Minutes and 46 Seconds later ----------

I'm glad you didn't talk to your teacher.

Last edited by GrandBlancGirls; 03-11-2009 at 08:33 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-11-2009, 08:35 PM   #24
My Mommy Says I'm
Gifted

Amymt is a name known to allAmymt is a name known to allAmymt is a name known to all

I wasn't going to talk to my teacher B, I was going to tell him that we shouldn't add anymore people. Her friends are join too and I don't have anything aginst them, I just don't want them on the team. The team is my thing, I don't want them on my thing!
Amymt is offline Female
Old 03-11-2009, 11:03 PM   #25

KayJay17 is a jewel in the roughKayJay17 is a jewel in the rough

don't you think that B would feel like you are being kind of selfish? i mean if i wanted to join and someone didn't want me to, i would feel really bad, kind of like i wasn't good enough, because i wouldn't know what the real reason was. maybe give her a chance, maybe she won't brag. if when she does, you tell her, very nicely, that yoou do not appreciate it and ask her politely to stop. and i know i didn't want these girls at my school on the basket ball team because they are gossipy and sometimes very rude and also because they made the volley ball team when i couldn't try out. they even made the team, and i did not. i tried to feel happy for them, and it worked. i know think of them same as people just like me, just a little bit more... obvious about how they feel. just try ways so maybe you won't resent her so much, and maybe she will become one of her very best teammates! you never know, hope this helps!
KayJay17 is offline Female
Old 03-12-2009, 12:03 AM   #26
ant to be a Webkinz
Gift Guru

Webkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellence
Webkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellence

Hi Amymt!

I know that this is a hard place to be but really it is an opportunity for you. As CatCareaker said in their reply, there will be a lot of people or things in life that you will not like or that will bug you. Unfortunately, many of them cannot be changed or even avoided. The best we can do is to learn to deal with them in a gracious and mature manner.

It does sound like “B” likes you and considers you her friend. It may be she wants to join the team to be able to spend more time with you, or because she admires you or just because she is really interested in being on the team.

Why don’t you just ask her why she has become interested in being part of the team? Finding out the answer may be helpful. If is to spend more time with you, you can suggest some alternative activities you can share. It is always good to try to be honest with people, while taking care to speak to them, as you would want them to speak to you.

In this situation, who makes the team is really out of your control. If the teacher decides to add people, then that is what will happen. I am sure that whomever he adds, will be offered the opportunity because the teacher feels that the individual has something to offer that will benefit the team.

When I was in school and on several teams, I had a teacher/coach who was always reminding us that "there is no “I” in team." Sounds kind of corny but really it makes the point…you are all different people, who were put together for the same reason, because you have something to offer that group of people. By putting aside your personal feelings and working together makes your team become a success. And you become a better person for the experience.

I think you really already know what to do…the bottom of all your posts have five wonderful points. If you just take them and apply them to this situation with “B” you will do the right thing and be a winner!
Old 03-12-2009, 04:05 AM   #27
Addicted to Webkinz!
Gift Guru

alk1983 is a jewel in the roughalk1983 is a jewel in the rough

Some good things to start off with...be careful what you wish for.....keep your friends close and enemies closer....and dont shake the bush.

These sayings sprang to mind while I read through the thread. Back when I was in high school, I had friends like that. What did I learn? The more people know it bothers you, the more they keep at it. Try having a team meeting first with your coach and let everyone state how she/he feels. Ultimately-its a team descision. About the sayings above-be careful what you wish for, cause sometimes the outcome isnt what you expected or wanted. Keepings enemies closer? Well, it might be hard to do-but trying to friendy with her might be easier than fighting with her (which it might come to depending on how she feels about what you have to say-if you talk to her). And dont shake the bush-this is a personal fav-I learned it many times over. I cant tell you how many times I felt the need/impulse to act on what I was thinking. And I cant tell you how many times I wish I hadnt when a hornet storm hit-LOL.

Talk it out with family too. Just make sure that you are aware of any possible outcome or reaction that might happen. Think it through. You cant take back actions or words. Let us know what happens-remember, lots of us here in WI are here for you. Good luck. Just shout if you need help!
alk1983 is offline Female
Old 03-12-2009, 07:40 AM   #28
My Mommy Says I'm
Gifted

I don't think B like me. She always mean to me.
Amymt is offline Female
Closed