Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2009, 11:17 PM   #1
Jessy262

Question Answered: I NEED SUGESTIONS!!!

I was hoping to get a DSi pack with the 5 mario games that comes with it. And it's only $180 in Canada. Do you have a way to persuade my parents to get that for me for Christmas?
Best Answer - Posted by Frappie
Only $180, that's cute I tried that with the wife, "But honey!! The truck is only $50,000", didn't work
But seriously, it depends on what your parents are like, what kind of people they are. Have you ever people-watched? Analyze them, compare them to other people, that is, how they think and see things, then you'll find the best way to appeal to them And you just also might have fun learning about people too
For instance, with me, begging doesn't work, it's annoying. But sitting down and looking me in the eye and telling me that you want to tell me something, and then saying what it is you want, WHY you really want it, stating you will take care of it because you do realize it is expensive, and then asking what you can do to get it? Whether that is, like someone else said, doing extra chores, saving your own money to help pay for it, etc. Now that would not only butter them up, but probably make them cry (in a good way), and if they really can't afford it, they will tell you how you can help save for it, and if they can afford, they'll probably get it.
If you are willing to wait for it, and willing to work for it, that will show them you really want it. Taking care of the things you do get goes a very long way too.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2009, 11:34 PM   #2
Bearded Ruffians? Oh
Webkinz :)

Blue Orchids is a glorious beacon of lightBlue Orchids is a glorious beacon of lightBlue Orchids is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: I NEED SUGESTIONS!!!

Maybe offer to do extra housework, or get really good grades. Behave like an angel, and don't be too 'needy'. LOL
Blue Orchids is offline Female
Old 12-11-2009, 11:37 PM   #3
Steelers Nation
Gifted

webkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledgewebkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledgewebkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledgewebkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledgewebkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledgewebkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledgewebkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledgewebkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledge

I always beg. It works for me... And the tears help! Bring on the water-works! xD
webkinzchick1 is offline Female
Old 12-12-2009, 05:49 AM   #4
Webkinz :)

Frappie has disabled reputation

Only $180, that's cute I tried that with the wife, "But honey!! The truck is only $50,000", didn't work
But seriously, it depends on what your parents are like, what kind of people they are. Have you ever people-watched? Analyze them, compare them to other people, that is, how they think and see things, then you'll find the best way to appeal to them And you just also might have fun learning about people too
For instance, with me, begging doesn't work, it's annoying. But sitting down and looking me in the eye and telling me that you want to tell me something, and then saying what it is you want, WHY you really want it, stating you will take care of it because you do realize it is expensive, and then asking what you can do to get it? Whether that is, like someone else said, doing extra chores, saving your own money to help pay for it, etc. Now that would not only butter them up, but probably make them cry (in a good way), and if they really can't afford it, they will tell you how you can help save for it, and if they can afford, they'll probably get it.
If you are willing to wait for it, and willing to work for it, that will show them you really want it. Taking care of the things you do get goes a very long way too.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:09 AM   #5
Gift Guru

wyatt061 has disabled reputation

I ask one parent and make it seem like the other one said that it was a great idea. If you use your regular DS all the time then they will think a new DSI would be perfect. I told my dad how slow my cell phone was and how i couldn't get it turned on fast enough in an emegency. Next thing I knew i got a new cellphone the next day! HEHEHE this worked for me, you should say that it builds skill and your Ds is falling apart and you REALLY would like a new one and tell them the DSI is on sale.
your canadian, eh? i have been there.
wyatt061 is offline Female
Old 12-12-2009, 12:34 PM   #6
deedee6
Gifted

lego is stuck on replay
lego is stuck on replaylego is stuck on replaylego is stuck on replaylego is stuck on replaylego is stuck on replaylego is stuck on replaylego is stuck on replaylego is stuck on replay

You could get it on ebay. Or tell your parents that the DSI pack is the only thing you want. Or you could pay some and your parents can pay some. Hope this helps.
~Lego
lego is offline Female
Old 12-12-2009, 05:52 PM   #7
Jessy262

View Post Originally Posted by webkinzchick1
I always beg. It works for me... And the tears help! Bring on the water-works! xD
Don't you think I've tried begging? If I really cry they'll say "The more you cry, the less possibility I'm going to buy it for you."
Closed