Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2008, 09:50 PM   #1
Ellie

Default Unanswered: I need help with my screen

When I log on to WW, I click the purple log in button and internet explorer opens up a new window but the problem with this window is that it takes up the full screen and does not allow me to see my toolbar or the area where you type in the internet address unless I hit the windows button on my keyboard. Because of this I can't view 2 screens at once. I have to toggle between each screen, which has not been a problem until now with the fall festival. Can someone please help me change the screen so it's like a normal screen that is not full page and so I can shrink it to see 2 screens at once? Thanks! Let me know if you need more info in case this made no sense
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2008, 10:59 PM   #2
wackywhoplays
Gift Guru

momwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the rep
momwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the rep

Default (Mark Best Answer [Closes Thread]) Re: I need help with my screen

i have the same problem. you can hit f10 to maximize your screen, try that, but when there's more than one screen open i found that didn't work. so what i did is just during fall fest, i feed my pets until they said no more, went to my room to open mail (since i couldn't see the mailbox), & sometimes i'm just on one account. hope this helps. i did not find an effective way to max the screen when mult screens are open, but you could try hitting f10--it may work for you.
momwhoplays is offline Female
Old 09-21-2008, 11:15 PM   #3
aweicker
Gift Guru

Bonsai has much to be proud ofBonsai has much to be proud ofBonsai has much to be proud ofBonsai has much to be proud of

I replied on your other thread, Posting here in case you miss it:

View Post Originally Posted by Bonsai
What's your resolution set at? Making it higher might be an easy fix.

Go to your desktop, right click, properties, settings. There should be a slider bar or drop down to select a resolution. I keep mine at the highest, 1280x800. Yours will vary based on your monitor, but the highest one that is still readable is usually your best bet.

If that doesn't fix it, this post might help: http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...50#post9231450
Bonsai is offline Female
Old 09-21-2008, 11:37 PM   #4
Ellie

View Post Originally Posted by momwhoplays
i have the same problem. you can hit f10 to maximize your screen, try that, but when there's more than one screen open i found that didn't work. so what i did is just during fall fest, i feed my pets until they said no more, went to my room to open mail (since i couldn't see the mailbox), & sometimes i'm just on one account. hope this helps. i did not find an effective way to max the screen when mult screens are open, but you could try hitting f10--it may work for you.

Thanks for the advice!

I tried F10, but the problem is that the screen is sort of already maxed except there's no toolbar or boxes in the top right hand corner to minimize, maximize, or close.

---------- Ellie added 6 Minutes and 6 Seconds later ----------

I replied on your other thread, Posting here in case you miss it:

Hi! Thanks for the advice!

My monitor will go up to 1024x768, which it is set at now. The weird thing is that there is nothing but WW when that window is open. There are no boxes in the top right hand corner to minimize, maximize, or close the window, nor am I able to scroll the mouse cursor over the bottom of the screen to have the start menu and other open windows revealed. It's like the WW screen stretched out.

I checked out the link you posted and that is definitely helpful info because I didn't know how to have 2 windows open simultaneously. Unfortunately, I'm not to the point where I can follow those steps since on my WW screen I have no way to minimize the screen. Sorry, I'm bad at explaining.

Please let me know if you have any other ideas and thank you again!

Last edited by Ellie; 09-21-2008 at 11:37 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-21-2008, 11:43 PM   #5
aweicker
Gift Guru

Bonsai has much to be proud ofBonsai has much to be proud ofBonsai has much to be proud ofBonsai has much to be proud of

Hit Control + N. It should open a regular window you can use.

If that doesn't work, stop using the purple button at webkinz.com to log in. Use this link instead: http://mci2.webkinz.com//loader4.php...ser&aol=0&fs=0

Last edited by Bonsai; 09-21-2008 at 11:45 PM..
Bonsai is offline Female
Old 09-21-2008, 11:50 PM   #6
Ellie

Click the image to open in full size.

this is a picture of what my screen looks like...nothing else
Old 09-21-2008, 11:51 PM   #7
aweicker
Gift Guru

Try hitting F11?
Bonsai is offline Female
Old 09-21-2008, 11:54 PM   #8
Ellie

Hit Control + N. It should open a regular window you can use.

If that doesn't work, stop using the purple button at webkinz.com to log in. Use this link instead: http://mci2.webkinz.com//loader4.php...ser&aol=0&fs=0

Sweet! Both of those ways work! Thank you!

One more question- how do I adjust the screen so I can see everything because the bottom of my dock is cut off.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:05 AM   #9
aweicker
Gift Guru

Glad it helped! F11 should actually work too, if you're in Full Screen mode (from your screenshot, it looks like that's what was wrong.)

But to be able to see your dock in the new window, you'd right click on your toolbar (like at the top, above or below your address bar) and uncheck any toolbars you don't absolutely need on the Webkinz window. They can always be turned back on by doing the same thing.

I always have my navigation toolbar, bookmarks toolbar, and google toolbar turned off when I have webkinz open. I just turn them back on when I need them.
Bonsai is offline Female
Closed