Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2009, 06:07 PM   #1
Banned
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence

Default Answered: I need a bit of advice- about my sister joining WI

Ok, so I have a problem- should I let my little sister get an account here on WI?

She enjoys playing on webkinz, she is 5 years younger than me, loves twilight, and doesn't always like to follow the rules...

I know that I can't post her age, but I was wondering what you think is a good age that a kid could make an account and what are some pros/cons of having a family member on WI?

Any help is greatly appriciated!
Best Answer - Posted by ave
I think that it doesn't really matter the age, as long as they understand things. She may need you helping her out a bit. You said she doesn't always like to follow the rules, so I would simply encourage her to follow them and warn her that she could be banned if she doesn't.

Also please know that you may get a PM from a staff member about multiple accounts, even though it is your sister. The IP addresses will probably still be the same if you share the same computer, or if your computers are on the same router. My best friend Foreign in real life joined, and we were both suspected of having the same accounts... same goes for her and my other friend, Krys. So... just be ready to tell them that she is your sister.

Oh yeah, please let me know when she joins, if she does, because I would love to welcome the younger sister of one of the friendliest members on WI!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2009, 06:13 PM   #2
i think imma
Webkinz :)

clublab30 has a reputation beyond reputeclublab30 has a reputation beyond reputeclublab30 has a reputation beyond reputeclublab30 has a reputation beyond reputeclublab30 has a reputation beyond reputeclublab30 has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: I need a bit of advice- about my sister joining WI

If she's old enough to follow everything that goes on here, I say you should! Since she would have you, it would probably make more sense faster. As for the rules, just make sure that she reads the rules multiple times...

Hope I helped!
clublab30 is offline Female
Old 05-20-2009, 06:14 PM   #3
:D

nikilynn has a spectacular aura aboutnikilynn has a spectacular aura about

Eh, I'd wait until she was about 12 at least. She may have some trouble typing and get frustrated. I'd wait until I knew she was mature.
nikilynn is offline Female
Old 05-20-2009, 06:14 PM   #4
Flargaboofsuchdaf

xSophiexx16 wows us all with wonderxSophiexx16 wows us all with wonderxSophiexx16 wows us all with wonderxSophiexx16 wows us all with wonderxSophiexx16 wows us all with wonderxSophiexx16 wows us all with wonderxSophiexx16 wows us all with wonderxSophiexx16 wows us all with wonderxSophiexx16 wows us all with wonderxSophiexx16 wows us all with wonder

I would think 10 would be the best age to join here ( at a minimum)....
You're little sister should be warned if she doesn't follow the rules or banned so you should warn her about that. I think she would thoroughly enjoy WI though... I think you should let her join, but maybe watch over her a bit. Make sure your parents agree to letting her join, I would say.

-Sophie
xSophiexx16 is offline Female
Old 05-20-2009, 06:15 PM   #5
♥I got my Rainbows♥

Erinbeth236 is a name known to allErinbeth236 is a name known to allErinbeth236 is a name known to all

Well I think that a Good age is pretty much maybe I would say 9-16 and up

If she knows what she is doing and knows how to type I think she would be ok.

but see I am not trying to be bossy or anything?
Erinbeth236 is offline Female
Old 05-20-2009, 06:15 PM   #6
webbie whonk!
Gift Guru

webbiemum has a reputation beyond reputewebbiemum has a reputation beyond reputewebbiemum has a reputation beyond reputewebbiemum has a reputation beyond reputewebbiemum has a reputation beyond reputewebbiemum has a reputation beyond repute

I would have to say that somewhere between 10 and 12 is a good age, though it depends on how mature your sister is. If she has trouble following rules though, she might want to wait.
webbiemum is offline Female
Old 05-20-2009, 06:16 PM   #7
ave
Banned
ave is a WI addict!
ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!

Donation Award 

I think that it doesn't really matter the age, as long as they understand things. She may need you helping her out a bit. You said she doesn't always like to follow the rules, so I would simply encourage her to follow them and warn her that she could be banned if she doesn't.

Also please know that you may get a PM from a staff member about multiple accounts, even though it is your sister. The IP addresses will probably still be the same if you share the same computer, or if your computers are on the same router. My best friend Foreign in real life joined, and we were both suspected of having the same accounts... same goes for her and my other friend, Krys. So... just be ready to tell them that she is your sister.

Oh yeah, please let me know when she joins, if she does, because I would love to welcome the younger sister of one of the friendliest members on WI!
Old 05-20-2009, 06:19 PM   #8
♥I got my Rainbows♥

Erinbeth236 is a name known to allErinbeth236 is a name known to allErinbeth236 is a name known to all

I think that is a ridiculas age 12 that is not a good age to start if there is a good age then it would be 9 and up

Ok I am not a big fan of going over and looking up how to spell it cause I forgot then I would be over the edge ok forgive my horrible spelling

I agree with that to!
Erinbeth236 is offline Female
Old 05-20-2009, 06:20 PM   #9
spongiebobbie
Gift Guru

CatCaretaker has a reputation beyond reputeCatCaretaker has a reputation beyond reputeCatCaretaker has a reputation beyond reputeCatCaretaker has a reputation beyond reputeCatCaretaker has a reputation beyond reputeCatCaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I think it depends on the kid not the age. And going on the computer there are rules kids need to know to keep them safe that she always has to remember to follow even if it seems like someone is your friend and you want to tell them stuff. I think if she knows not ever to say age, grade, town lives in, school goes to, real names of herself, friends, family, coaches, teachers etc, and other personal information that people can use....well then it will probably be ok. Plus she needs to understand what is allowed to post...I used to be on Nickelodeon a lot and the rules are basically the same as here.....be polite, no personal info, don't talk about rude things that you know you wouldn't talk about in front of your parents.

If she isn't a good rule follower it would be a shame for her to get banned for misbehaving, it might be better for her to wait until she is responsible....and that is something that it doesn't matter what age....I think it is in the brain.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:22 PM   #10
PEEP!
Gift Guru

adrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellence
adrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellence

I think that you should let her join but supervise her... I think she could have a lot of fun with help from you. She may not be able to participate as much as older kids but she can still have a lot of fun.
adrkmfdm is offline Female
Closed